Page 7 of 146 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Well, to be fair it's not like I said it was the worst league in the world, because at least it's competitive in terms of who wins the league (at least that's what it looks like to me). As for New Haven, if I'm ever in the area I'll check it out.
    I quite enjoy MLS myself. It's been a better developed league than a lot of European based football fans will give it credit for. Everything that the Yanks got wrong with the old NASL they corrected this time with MLS. The league's commitment to creating community based clubs with their own (impressive) custom built stadiums is noteworthy. In terms of standard of play I'd probably equate it with the Championship. It helps that, with one exception, I can watch any game with a complete neutrals head on also.

The area of the US that seems to have the best grasp of European match day 'culture', so to speak, are the NW clubs. If I was to ever attend an MLS game then I'd prefer it to be in Seattle or Portland. They seem to really get the whole club identity idea better than many other areas of the US.

Jordan Pickford is not worth 30 Mill
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I quite enjoy MLS myself. It's been a better developed league than a lot of European based football fans will give it credit for. Everything that the Yanks got wrong with the old NASL they corrected this time with MLS. The league's commitment to creating community based clubs with their own (impressive) custom built stadiums is noteworthy. In terms of standard of play I'd probably equate it with the Championship. It helps that, with one exception, I can watch any game with a complete neutrals head on also.

The area of the US that seems to have the best grasp of European match day 'culture', so to speak, are the NW clubs. If I was to ever attend an MLS game then I'd prefer it to be in Seattle or Portland. They seem to really get the whole club identity idea better than many other areas of the US.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say it's as good as the Championship as that League's standard has improved immensely IMO. To be fair, I think I give the MLS enough credit in terms of their competition.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Jordan Pickford is not worth 30 Mill
    He's British, that's why he costs so much LOL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post

we're trying (im from the northeast US) and we have a number of Premier League supporters clubs along with MLS and the American Outlaws

we've done our best to embrace the "matchday culture", especially with the Premier League games being early and midmorning here
    Last edited by TheInvisibleMan; 06-19-2017 at 06:37 AM.

I must be one of the few who thinks that £30m isn't bad for Pickford. If they manage him well, he could be England's number 1 keeper for years, and Everton could easily make him their number 1 for more than 10 years. Also, to a Premier League club, £30m isn't that much money anymore, considering how much they get from TV deals alone.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    we're trying (im from the northeast US) and we have a number of Premiere League supporters clubs along with MLS and the American Outlaws

we've done our best to embrace the "matchday culture", especially with the Premiere League games being early and midmorning here
    Creating a ''matchday culture'' is a good idea, I think it helps generate excitement personally.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I must be one of the few who thinks that £30m isn't bad for Pickford. If they manage him well, he could be England's number 1 keeper for years, and Everton could easily make him their number 1 for more than 10 years. Also, to a Premier League club, £30m isn't that much money anymore, considering how much they get from TV deals alone.
    Personally speaking, I think it's the fact he's only had ONE season really and a lot of players end up being one-season wonders. Having said that, he could have a great career and if he does than I see no reason why he couldn't be Everton's goalkeeper for the next decade but 30m for a keeper who may be a one-season wonder is a bit questionable IMO.

Personally speaking, I think it's the fact he's only had ONE season really and a lot of players end up being one-season wonders. Having said that, he could have a great career and if he does than I see no reason why he couldn't be Everton's goalkeeper for the next decade but 30m for a keeper who may be a one-season wonder is a bit questionable IMO.
    Yeah I guess so. I'd kill for Swansea to show that sort of intention and spend big. Maybe not all on one player, but £15m+ on a couple of players would be good. We're now being linked with some striker from Chelsea on loan.

Swansea City are competing with Newcastle and Brighton for the loan signing of Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham, says chairman Huw Jenkins.

England Under-21 international Abraham, 19, scored 26 goals for Bristol City in the Championship last season.

If we sell Baston and Gomis, and sign another GOOD striker, AND keep Llorente, then Abraham could be good as an impact sub/third choice striker, but we've already got Oli McBurnie who still hasn't had his chance in the first team and fully deserves it. If we're after Abraham to REPLACE Llorente, god help us.

Well, Tammy did have a good season last season in the Championship. If he can replicate that type of form in the Premier League he'd be a good loan signing for you if you got him.

I agree though that you could do with keeping Llorente.

BANNED

current rumors out of France

Auba might be a possibility for LFC

Do you mean Aubameyang from Dortmund? If that's the case that'd be cool but I'm not expecting it (well, not getting my hopes up at least)

BANNED

Do you mean Aubameyang from Dortmund? If that's the case that'd be cool but I'm not expecting it (well, not getting my hopes up at least)
    Yup, again just rumor

Yup, again just rumor
    Yeah, most likely just a rumour but it's a cool one nonetheless

Considering the inflation these days..it's still quite expensive lmao
    It's between him and jack butland, tho the latter is injury prone

current rumors out of France

Auba might be a possibility for LFC
    Auba will be the next Torres or Suarez..world calss strikers that will push Liverpool to the top.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Aubameyang is being linked with Man City now. I wonder what that might mean for Aguero if that went through?

Aubameyang is being linked with Man City now. I wonder what that might mean for Aguero if that went through?
    Frankly, whether they get Aubameyang or not I'd be surprised if Aguero is still at City in August given how he and Guardiola don't seem to get on.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Auba will be the next Torres or Suarez..world calss strikers that will push Liverpool to the top.
    Assuming we got him of course, though like Torres and Suarez he'd then move on as soon as someone with loads of cash comes knocking on his door LOL.