Page 82 of 146 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    It looked like it was getting a bit squeeky towards the end but they've done it! I reckon they can beat Real Madrid in the final.
    Not if we defend like we did the other night, but yeah if we can tighten up more than we did against Roma than I think we have a chance. We've certainly got the fire-power to do it. No way near as comfortable as I would've liked though LOL, even though it was looking comfortable at half-time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    when your supporters club scarf ends up around the neck of Dejean Lovren

Nice pic.

Brighton v Man Utd tonight. A win for Utd would guarantee them 2nd place (sorry John!) and even though Brighton are one of the teams near the bottom that probably feel are safe, they'll still be looking over their shoulder. Especially if Stoke, Southampton and Swansea all win this weekend, which is a possibility with who they're all playing.
    It's alright, we blew any chance of finishing second by having back-to-back draws (against teams that are in the bottom three no less). I feel that Brighton are safe though. The teams that I personally feel that are in danger are WBA, Stoke, Southampton, Swansea, Huddersfield and maybe West Ham.

Wait and see how this weekend's results go of course. Hopefully Liverpool will pick up a win this weekend which SHOULD confirm fourth place due to our superior goal difference over Chelsea.

BTW, I've realised since I made my last post that Liverpool's game this weekend is, in fact, against Chelsea so I think we don't even NEED to win to officially finish above them. Of course, it'd be nice if we DID just to cap off a good week and of course finish in the top four in style. Depending on Tottenham's result, Chelsea would still have a chance to finish in top four anyway so from a neutral perspective I'd want Spurs to drop points as well just to make that part of the final days of the season interesting LOL.

Well Stoke are down, so that's a relief after they were 1-0 up. With how Swansea have been playing lately though, I'm seriously thinking we won't survive.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Well Stoke are down, so that's a relief after they were 1-0 up. With how Swansea have been playing lately though, I'm seriously thinking we won't survive.
    1-0 down at the moment. Not looking too good...

Extraordinary Member

Lamela is the most frustrating player.

Extraordinary Member

Oh fudgeeee

BANNED

I hate Chelsea in the face, a draw guarantees LFC top four, I want 8-0 on those blue bastards

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm surprised no one here mentioned this:

Sir Alex Ferguson in intensive care after emergency surgery for brain hemorrhage

I hope Sir Alex pulls through.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Sir Alex Ferguson in intensive care after emergency surgery for brain hemorrhage

Came through pretty late. Hope he does well. Really glad to see 98% of people bieing supportive.

BANNED

pull through, Fergie

Disappointed with loss today. Another ref not wanting to give us anything though, of course. First the blatant penalty not given against Stoke now all the obstructions, boot-to-chest stuff that went on and nothing. Except Salah getting booked for ''diving'' even though two players ploughed into him LOL.

Cardiff are up...Which is good omens for Liverpool as last time they were in Premier League we came second and last time Wolves were in the Premier League was the last time we won something. So omen wise I'm feeling cautiously optimistic...

Huddersfield drew as well, West Ham won as well. Overall, not a great weekend for you. Good luck for Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Lamela is the most frustrating player.
    I used to feel the same way about Ryan Babel, only Babel used to score occasionally LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Oh fudgeeee
    No offence, but I'm pleased. Especially given Liverpool lost to Chelsea. The race for the top four is heating up.

I wasn't on yesterday but I did see the news. I share your sentiments WestPhilly. As I'm sure WillieMorgan would say the same if he was online right now.

Like you say John, another not-so-great day for Swansea. Amazed Huddersfield got a point today, but fair play to them. At least they're showing some fight, unlike Swansea. The final fixtures for the 3 at risk are

Swansea - Southampton(H) and Stoke(H)
    Southampton - Swansea(A) and Man City(H)
    Huddersfield - Chelsea(A) and Arsenal(H)

West Brom have Crystal Palace away, but it's a long shot for them to survive.

If Swansea don't stay up after looking at all those remaining fixtures, then we fully deserve to go down. I'm gutted Cardiff have gone up and we could go down. I'd like some South Wales derbies next season and the bragging rights going to Cardiff would be disappointing.

I never liked Fergie but I hope he's alright and pulls through.

Like you say John, another not-so-great day for Swansea. Amazed Huddersfield got a point today, but fair play to them. At least they're showing some fight, unlike Swansea. The final fixtures for the 3 at risk are

Swansea - Southampton(H) and Stoke(H)
    Southampton - Swansea(A) and Man City(H)
    Huddersfield - Chelsea(A) and Arsenal(H)

West Brom have Crystal Palace away, but it's a long shot for them to survive.

If Swansea don't stay up after looking at all those remaining fixtures, then we fully deserve to go down. I'm gutted Cardiff have gone up and we could go down. I'd like some South Wales derbies next season and the bragging rights going to Cardiff would be disappointing.
    My Mum's Mother is from Wales, so my Mum would be made up if there were to be two Welsh clubs in the Premier League. My Grandmother came from Aberwswyth? (I know I'll have spelt that completely wrong).

I never liked Fergie but I hope he's alright and pulls through.
    Yeah, I feel the same way regarding Fergie. Hope he pulls through despite never liking the man.

Amazing Member

So glad we pulled off a 5 nil when it didn’t matter... sod off Wenger. Not upset about him leaving in the slightest.