Page 9 of 146 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

So we are looking at Ginter/Meyer. Not a bad move. Cheaper than Barkley and Ginter would also be cheap enough.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Wijnaldum

I wasn't sure what the spelling was on that
    It's alright, I should've guessed you were talking about Wijnaldum, I'm just used to people spelling it as Gini rather Jini that's all, still should've connected the dots LOL. There was a rumour on Saturday that the Van Dijk deal might not be completely dead afterall though Southampton are apparently wanting 70m for him.

Anyhow, the Champions League qualifiers start this week, well the first round of the qualifiers anyhow.

Champions League Qualifiers start tonight. Anyone from Ireland since there'll be Irish teams in it?

Extraordinary Member

Not Irish 'mself. Very upset that the Germans beat us again.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Not Irish 'mself. Very upset that the Germans beat us again.
    Yeah, bad enough our Queen is German without the Germans beating us at Penalties again LOL.

Anyhow as far as the Irish teams are concerned, apparently New Saints are Irish? In which case they're playing tonight but the other teams like Linfield, Cork City, Derry City and Shamrock Rovers are all playing between Wednesday and Thursday respectively.

In other news, apparently Liverpool are interested in getting Oxlaide-Chamberlain - not that keen on himself myself but whatever LOL. And there's still rumours about us getting Keita for quite a hefty price.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Anyhow as far as the Irish teams are concerned, apparently New Saints are Irish? In which case they're playing tonight but the other teams like Linfield, Cork City, Derry City and Shamrock Rovers are all playing between Wednesday and Thursday respectively.
    New Saints are Welsh. Although they're based in Oswestry, which is in England. So they're like Swansea, but in reverse lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Confederation cup semi on ITV 2mrw!

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    New Saints are Welsh. Although they're based in Oswestry, which is in England. So they're like Swansea, but in reverse lol.
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the correction. Last I heard they were drawing 1-1 last night, I'll have to check my red button later to see what the final score was.

Confederation cup semi on ITV 2mrw!
    You going to watch it?

Extraordinary Member

I will indeed. Passes the time.

Hope you enjoy it in that case DebkoX.

Also, I had a look at last night's results and New Saints lost 2-1 in their first leg. There's only one Champions League qualifier on tonight that involves Linfield against a team from San Marino called La Fiorita. So if there's any Irish folks out there who support Linfield than good luck

More rumours about Liverpool going after Oxlaide-Chamberlain today. I hope we don't get him frankly. I don't think he's consistent enough and, frankly, I feel that he's over-rated personally but we'll see I guess. Also, were would he play? On a more positive note there appears to be a chance that the Van Dijk deal might be back on the table.

Also, I had a look at last night's results and New Saints lost 2-1 in their first leg. There's only one Champions League qualifier on tonight that involves Linfield against a team from San Marino called La Fiorita. So if there's any Irish folks out there who support Linfield than good luck

More rumours about Liverpool going after Oxlaide-Chamberlain today. I hope we don't get him frankly. I don't think he's consistent enough and, frankly, I feel that he's over-rated personally but we'll see I guess. Also, were would he play? On a more positive note there appears to be a chance that the Van Dijk deal might be back on the table.
    Oxlaide-Chamberlain is an enigma to me in every way. He's always been in Walcott's shadow, which is maybe why he's always injured-can't fit into Walcott's shadow otherwise! I have no idea why Arsenal brought Ox, he was clearly a Walcott waiting to happen, and that was already going downhill. And on Ox's part, the only reason I can think he'd want to move to Arsenal was the money, I never thought it would work.

You're not going to pay 70 million for Van Dijk are you though?! Good player, but that's crazy money, even in this over-inflated market.

Hello everyone by the way, Man United fan by the way.

Extraordinary Member

Was a good game. I can see Klopp putting him in CM or LB.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJW009 View Post
    Oxlaide-Chamberlain is an enigma to me in every way. He's always been in Walcott's shadow, which is maybe why he's always injured-can't fit into Walcott's shadow otherwise! I have no idea why Arsenal brought Ox, he was clearly a Walcott waiting to happen, and that was already going downhill. And on Ox's part, the only reason I can think he'd want to move to Arsenal was the money, I never thought it would work.

You're not going to pay 70 million for Van Dijk are you though?! Good player, but that's crazy money, even in this over-inflated market.

Warm greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by AJW009 View Post

As far as Van Dijk is concerned the latest rumour is that we might offer 60m. Steve Nicol seems to think we might get him though of course the Saints are saying he's going no-where. Wait and see I guess but I hope we do get him as I rate him very highly personally. As far as the price goes, everyone seems to be over-priced nowadays so it's not really a surprise.

Also, hello to you too

Was a good game. I can see Klopp putting him in CM or LB.
    Can he defend well enough to be a left-back though? As for CM - I don't see it personally. I don't know, maybe I'm being harsh but I just don't see where he'd play and as I've said previously I feel he's over-rated personally. Ah well, wait and see I guess LOL.

Glad you enjoyed the game last night DebkoX.

I see Linfield managed to win 1-0 last night in their first leg against La Fiorita. At the moment they'll be playing Celtic in the next batch of qualifiers for the Champions League.

I looked the goal up on youtube and I like how he took it around the goalkeeper. The goalscorers name is Jordan Stewart for anyone interested.
    Last edited by John Ossie; 06-29-2017 at 08:37 AM.