Page 94 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2180
  1. #1396
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,610

    Default

    What a World Cup. Germany, Argentina, Portugal, Spain ... all gone so soon.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  2. #1397
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    France has to pass Uruguay first though. (and Russia has to also beat whoever they are going to be against next game)
    Yeah Jumped ahead a bit.

    I haven't heard more on Cavani's injury. If he is out still France will be greatful

  3. #1398
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    France versus Russia should be interesting. I'd say France would be my pick but then I'd have said the same about Spain LOL. I haven't seen the goals or anything but France's 4-3 win over Argentina must've been one hell of a match to watch.

  4. #1399
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,859

    Default

    Japan versus Belgium in little over an hour from now. It sounds like no one is giving "Samurai Blue" much of a chance, but hey, considering how crazy this World Cup has been so far with defending champ Germany along with powerhouses Spain, Argentina and Portugal having exited early, I'd say anything is possible. I'll be rooting for Nippon!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  5. #1400
    Independent Member Attila Kiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    noun: lōˈkāSHən
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    France versus Russia should be interesting. I'd say France would be my pick but then I'd have said the same about Spain LOL. I haven't seen the goals or anything but France's 4-3 win over Argentina must've been one hell of a match to watch.
    They are at the opposite side of the brackets. Can't meet until the finals or perhaps to battle out for the 3rd place and they are still at the elimination stage.
    follow the progress of my new book:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"

    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ ComixCentral: #1 / #2 / #3
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

  6. #1401
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post
    They are at the opposite side of the brackets. Can't meet until the finals or perhaps to battle out for the 3rd place and they are still at the elimination stage.
    Okay dokey. Still, it'd be an interesting match LOL.

    I know Brazil have knocked Mexico out of the World Cup 2-0. Caught the final score earlier.

  7. #1402
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    I'll be hoping for a Belgium win tonight. A Brazil v Belgium quarter final will be more entertaining than Brazil v Japan. I'm hoping Brazil get knocked out though, purely because I can't stand Neymar
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Black Hammer/Justice League, Invisible Kingdom, Tommy Gun Wizards, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Criminal, Babyteeth

    “We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

  8. #1403
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'll be hoping for a Belgium win tonight. A Brazil v Belgium quarter final will be more entertaining than Brazil v Japan. I'm hoping Brazil get knocked out though, purely because I can't stand Neymar
    Well, you'll have to wait until at least the Quarter final to get your wish regarding Brazil seeing as how they won today LOL. I agree as a neutral though that I'm more interested in seeing Belgium play them rather than Japan even though I most likely won't get to see it due to work and family.

  9. #1404
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Well, you'll have to wait until at least the Quarter final to get your wish regarding Brazil seeing as how they won today LOL. I agree as a neutral though that I'm more interested in seeing Belgium play them rather than Japan even though I most likely won't get to see it due to work and family.
    I'm quite lucky in that the next few weeks I'll be finishing work at 3pm every day, so I get to watch the matches. It's funny how the draw has turned out though. France v Uruguay with potentially Brazil v Belgium would've been better off as semi finals rather than quarter finals.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Black Hammer/Justice League, Invisible Kingdom, Tommy Gun Wizards, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Criminal, Babyteeth

    “We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

  10. #1405
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm quite lucky in that the next few weeks I'll be finishing work at 3pm every day, so I get to watch the matches. It's funny how the draw has turned out though. France v Uruguay with potentially Brazil v Belgium would've been better off as semi finals rather than quarter finals.
    Unfortunately my work patterns have me working all sorts of hours. Since the people we help need our services throughout the day. As well as all the travelling for meetings throughout the year LOL.

    Anyhow, France v Uruguay should be a decent game, I'll be rooting for France in that one LOL.

  11. #1406
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,859

    Default

    Here in the colonies, Japan-Belgium will be deep into the second half by the time I get home (around 3:15 PM EST).
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-02-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  12. #1407
    Independent Member Attila Kiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    noun: lōˈkāSHən
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    What a heck?
    If you not watching Japan Belgium tune in RIGHT AWAY!
    follow the progress of my new book:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"

    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ ComixCentral: #1 / #2 / #3
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

  13. #1408
    Incredible Member Jackmando7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by attila kiss View Post
    what a heck?
    If you not watching japan belgium tune in right away!
    this game is freaking awesome!!!
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

    My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

  14. #1409
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Proper game of 2 halves that was. I'm pleased with the result though. Looking forward to Brazil v Belgium on Friday night now!
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Black Hammer/Justice League, Invisible Kingdom, Tommy Gun Wizards, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Criminal, Babyteeth

    “We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

  15. #1410
    Independent Member Attila Kiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    noun: lōˈkāSHən
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    Belgium dodged the bullet in the nick of time.
    Before the tournament started they were the team I thought everyone has to beat, but I'm not sure anymore. Obviously they have a big problem in defense. Don't see them coming back from a two goal disadvantage in a Brazil game. They better fix that predicament and fix it fast, if they want to get to the final.
    follow the progress of my new book:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"

    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ ComixCentral: #1 / #2 / #3
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •