Page 97 of 146 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    There was a barbers in Swansea that ended up announcing Govea before the club did. He was in there getting his hair cut and that's how we found out we'd signed him. Swansea City FC the PROFESSIONAL football club ladies and gentleman lol.

Looks like Uruguay missed Cavani today. Keeper had a shocker for the 2nd goal as well.

I'm really hoping Belgium knock Brazil out tonight. 1-0 up at the mo. Can't be doing with Neymar anymore.
    If nothing else it was a...''unique'' way of finding out you have a new signing LOL. Fingers crossed he'll end up being good for you in the future if not present.

Haven't seen the goals but I know France are through to the semis, looks like they'll be playing Belgium since Belgium are two-nil up according to my app LOL.

While I'm on here, according to the app here's the latest regarding transfers LOL.

PSG have done their announcement of the signing of Buffon

Arsenal are apparently in talks to sign N'Zonzi from Sevilla

Tim Ream has signed a 2-year deal with Fulham.

And lastly, for now at least LOL. Apparently my club have made enquiries about Dybala from Juventus.

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

France was great today.

Belgium is through thanks to Courtois (as opposed to the efficiency of their strikers as usually the case is), who had little bit of luck and a whole lot of great savings in this match. What an exciting game.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Bye bye Neymar. I'm well happy with that result. It's now a European competition too.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

FIFA European Cup 2018. nuff said.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

This will be the 4th time in a row that a European country has won it.

It's mad to think that Roberto Martinez's career took off at Swansea City as a player and now he's stands a really good chance of lifting the World Cup.

Bye bye Neymar. I'm well happy with that result. It's now a European competition too.
    aww but he gave us such memorable moments to remember him by

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    aww but he gave us such memorable moments to remember him by
    I lost count of how many times I saw that expression on his face.

This will be the 4th time in a row that a European country has won it.

It's mad to think that Roberto Martinez's career took off at Swansea City as a player and now he's stands a really good chance of lifting the World Cup.
    Considering I got Belgium in the pool at work I'm kinda hoping he wins the second trophy of his managerial career. (I think it'd be his second, aside from an F.A. Cup with Wigan I don't think he's won anything else).

More transfer gossip today.

Reading have signed Mark McNulty from Coventry, I'm only mentioning this one because someone's wife is Coventry fan IIRC.

According to the S*n, Arsenal are close to signing Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria. According to the Express, Man Utd are going to try and stop Juventus from getting Ronaldo by going in for him. According to the Times, West Ham have been offered a chance to re-sign Payet from Marseille. Stevie G is apparently interested in a Roma player by the name 0f Umar Sadiq.

West Ham have apparently made a 17.5m bid for Yarmolenko from Borussia Dortmund. Stoke, meanwhile, are apparently on the verge of making their fourth signing of the summer with James McClean from WBA.

Nothing really confirmed today aside from McNulty.

In other news, I see England are through to the Semis. Fingers crossed that we get Croatia, otherwise it'd be England v Russia...

Also, Liverpool beat Chester 7-0 today. We played well, Karius was in goal and he did have a dodgy moment but he kept a clean sheet I guess. I'd still like us to get a new goalkeeper in this summer. The goalscorers were, Harry Wilson (2), he scored both of the first half goals. In the second half, Ings, Sturridge (2), Milner (p) and Kent got the others. Keita was largely quiet but he did ok and I'm not really worried since it's only pre-season. Nice little ground as well, never been to Chester's ground before so that's another one of my list.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Considering I got Belgium in the pool at work I'm kinda hoping he wins the second trophy of his managerial career. (I think it'd be his second, aside from an F.A. Cup with Wigan I don't think he's won anything else).
    He won League One as Swansea manager, which is obviously more impressive than winning the FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    More transfer gossip today.

Reading have signed Mark McNulty from Coventry, I'm only mentioning this one because someone's wife is Coventry fan IIRC.

According to the S*n, Arsenal are close to signing Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria. According to the Express, Man Utd are going to try and stop Juventus from getting Ronaldo by going in for him. According to the Times, West Ham have been offered a chance to re-sign Payet from Marseille. Stevie G is apparently interested in a Roma player by the name 0f Umar Sadiq.

West Ham have apparently made a 17.5m bid for Yarmolenko from Borussia Dortmund. Stoke, meanwhile, are apparently on the verge of making their fourth signing of the summer with James McClean from WBA.

Nothing really confirmed today aside from McNulty.

In other news, I see England are through to the Semis. Fingers crossed that we get Croatia, otherwise it'd be England v Russia...

Also, Liverpool beat Chester 7-0 today. We played well, Karius was in goal and he did have a dodgy moment but he kept a clean sheet I guess. I'd still like us to get a new goalkeeper in this summer. The goalscorers were, Harry Wilson (2), he scored both of the first half goals. In the second half, Ings, Sturridge (2), Milner (p) and Kent got the others. Keita was largely quiet but he did ok and I'm not really worried since it's only pre-season. Nice little ground as well, never been to Chester's ground before so that's another one of my list.
    The England v Sweden game was dreadful. I nearly switched off at half time. Sweden were just as bad as they were against Switzerland. Their shooting was awful. They couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

As I'm typing this, Russia just scored a beauty.

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

The luck, the Swedes been riding since eliminating Italy from the competition, finally runs out.

Another day, full of drama in Russia - Croatia match.

All in all, can't complain.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

He won League One as Swansea manager, which is obviously more impressive than winning the FA Cup

The England v Sweden game was dreadful. I nearly switched off at half time. Sweden were just as bad as they were against Switzerland. Their shooting was awful. They couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

As I'm typing this, Russia just scored a beauty.
    As I'm typing this I've just discovered that they lost to Croatia on penalties so the fear of England getting Russia in the World Cup has been abated LOL.

As for Martinez winning League One, that counts as a trophy in my eyes so that's two major trophies he's won in his managerial career so far (I always find it kinda...''insulting'' shall we say when they don't count winning the lower league titles as a major trophy but that's just me LOL).

BTW, some more transfer news

West Ham have signed Fabian Balbuena from Corinthians today. AC Milan have signed Alen Halilovic from Hamburg. There's also, according to my Dad, rumours that Liverpool are interested in Harry Maguire with Leicester reportedly wanting 50m for him.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

This is hilarious.

Toronto FC II, the reserve squad for TFC, is joining USL D3 next year. Since their inception, they've finished last in USL play and are currently 0-14-3.

I love a volunteer relegation due to excessive suckage.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post
    The luck, the Swedes been riding since eliminating Italy from the competition, finally runs out.

Another day, full of drama in Russia - Croatia match.

All in all, can't complain.
    Yep, I'll be jumping to the England bandwagon.

Those penalty kicks at the end of Croatia vs Russia were intense. Damn.