Page 98 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    This is hilarious.

Toronto FC II, the reserve squad for TFC, is joining USL D3 next year. Since their inception, they've finished last in USL play and are currently 0-14-3.

I love a volunteer relegation due to excessive suckage.
    I'm assuming the 0-14-3 stands for 0 wins, 14 losses and 3 draws? That is a bad record.

More transfer gossip since apart from MLS there's been no football that I'm aware of today.

* According to the Mirror, Liverpool have joined the race for Grealish from Villa but Tottenham remain favourites (if true, I'm not that enthusiastic as we don't really need him IMO)
    * Also, according to the Mirror, West Ham will finalise their signing of Jack Wilshere tomorrow.
    * According to the S*n, Man Utd are trying to get Willian from Chelsea.
    * Southampton have sent striker Guido Carillo to CD Leganes on a year-long loan.
    * According to Sky, Yarmolenko is due to undergo medicals at West Ham after West Ham agreed to pay 17.5m for him from Borussia Dortmund, they're also working on getting him a work permit.
    * Sporting Lisbon are considering offers for Bruno Fernandes from West Ham, Monaco and Atletico Madrid according to Sky.
    * Dortmund apparently want to replace Yarmolenko with Zaha from Crystal Palace.
    * Sky reckon Arsenal are in talks with Lorient over Matteo Guendouzi, with Tottenham and Man City apparently also interested in the 19-year-old.
    * Man Utd apparently want Mexican International Hirving Lozano.
    * According to the Mirror, Real Sociedad are keen on signing Monreal from Arsenal.
    * Barcelona are apparently close on signing Seville's Clement Lenglet.
    * Mirror (again) say that Patrick Roberts is close to signing for Leicester for 10m from Man City
    * Sam Vokes from Burnley is apparently wanted by Tony Pulis at Middlesbrough.
    * Ajax are interested in bringing Danny Blind back to the club from Man Utd.
    * Sydney FC are leading the chase for Fernando Torres apparently.
    * Everton are apparently keen on signing RB Leipzig's Forsberg.

That's all I've got regarding transfer rumours today LOL. Anyhow, I know LA Galaxy won 4-1 and Philadelphia Union lost 2-0 to Atlanta.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'm assuming the 0-14-3 stands for 0 wins, 14 losses and 3 draws? That is a bad record.
    Our American tables always read Wins/Losses/Draws.

Their best performance this year was drawing 3-3 to the future MLS club FC Cincinnati, although you could argue Cincy had a rough night.

On the inverse, Real Monarchs, Salt Lake's reserve squad, are the best in USL right now, so something is clearly wrong in Toronto's academy.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Our American tables always read Wins/Losses/Draws.

Their best performance this year was drawing 3-3 to the future MLS club FC Cincinnati, although you could argue Cincy had a rough night.

On the inverse, Real Monarchs, Salt Lake's reserve squad, are the best in USL right now, so something is clearly wrong in Toronto's academy.
    Clearly...Not a good record by anyone's standards to be fair.

As for the latest on the transfer front, I won't bother with yesterday's or Sunday's so I'll just do today's ones for anyone who's interested

- West Ham and Lazio are still negotiating the price of Felipe Anderson with West Ham apparently willing to break their transfer record to get him.
    - Umar Sadiq has completed his loan move to Rangers from Roma.
    - Southampton are close to signing Man City's Angus Gunn for a deal worth 13.5m apparently.
    - Fernando Torres has joined Japanese club Sagan Tosu.
    - Jannik Vestergaard is having a medical at Southampton. If he joins, apparently he'll cost them 18m to join them from Borussia Monchengladbach.
    - Newcastle have rejected a bid from West Ham for Lascelles.
    - Sunderland have agreed to sell Joel Asoro to Swansea for 2m. He'll have a medical later this week.
    - Rangers have signed Lassana Coulibaly on loan from Angers.
    - Hull City have signed Reece Burke from West Ham for an undisclosed fee.
    - Shrewsbury have signed Alex Gilliead from Newcastle.
    - Kenedy has completed his medical at Newcastle with the signing expected to be confirmed soon.
    - Rangers have terminated the contract of Bruno Alves, leaving him free to join Parma. According to the Evening Times anyway.
    - Wahbi Khazri is in France to finalise a move to St Etienne from Sunderland.
    - Norwich have signed Jordan Rhodes from Sheffield Wednesday on a year-long loan.
    - Arsenal have officially signed Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria.

That's all I've got for today LOL. No new news regarding Liverpool, last I heard we were denying any interest in Jack Grealish. Anyhow, hopefully someone will have found that interesting.

West Ham are doing a fair bit of business this window so far. There's more news about players leaving Swansea rather than players coming in, which is a bit frustrating. We always leave it too late and end up with the rejects that no one else wants!

Ronaldo is on the verge of signing for Juventus. Should be another title there for him.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    West Ham are doing a fair bit of business this window so far. There's more news about players leaving Swansea rather than players coming in, which is a bit frustrating. We always leave it too late and end up with the rejects that no one else wants!

Ronaldo is on the verge of signing for Juventus. Should be another title there for him.
    Sounds like you're getting Joel Asoro from Sunderland, any opinion on him? I've heard he's a young lad and I think he's a striker?

Anyhow, as I type this there are some Champions League qualifiers being played. Celtic kick-off at 5pm. The New Saints FC and Cork City respectively have their matches at 7.15pm. There are two matches being played as I type this, which is kinda repeating myself LOL. Ah well, point is that apart from France v Belgium there are other games on today to talk about LOL. Oh, and there are two Europa League qualifiers being played tonight a 5pm. Liverpool are playing Tranmere tonight but I don't expect anyone who isn't a Liverpool or Tranmere fan to be interested in that especially since it is only a pre-season game.

Forgot to mention that Mahrez is having a medical at Man City today so it looks like he's heading to the Etihad. 60m Man City are apparently paying for him. And, of course, Cristiano Ronaldo has agreed a transfer to Juventus with Juventus paying in the region of 105m
    Last edited by John Ossie; 07-10-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Got an alert about that. Wow! Maybe Messi will leave Barca for say, Roma, Napoli or Inter so he can continue his rivalry with Ronaldo. Heh!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert about that. Wow! Maybe Messi will leave Barca for say, Roma, Napoli or Inter so he can continue his rivalry with Ronaldo. Heh!
    Nah, there's no real threat to Juventus at the moment. Napoli did well last year but I'd be surprised if they overtook Juventus anytime soon.

BTW, as I was typing that I received an alert from my app and Southampton have officially signed that goalkeeper from Man City now. In case anyone's interested LOL.

Gratz France.

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Belgium goes home.
    Who do I root for now?

I guess, Croatia is the only team who haven't won the tournament, yet.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Would be pretty huge for a small country like Croatia to pull such a feat as winning the world cup of football.

I'm totally rooting for them.

Well, there goes my pool

In other news, Celtic won the first leg of their Champions League qualifier quite comfortably in the end by 3-0. Should be enough for them to get through when they play again in Celtic. Unfortunately for The New Saints however, they got thrashed 5-0 so they're basically already out even if they manage to win the return game. Cork City and Legia Warzaw are still playing but it's goalless at the moment so it looks like Cork City will be going to Poland on level terms assuming they can hold on for the last 10 or 15 minutes or so.

Other than that, Liverpool won again in pre-season, this time at Tranmere by 3-2. So...yay? LOL.

And I appear to have jinxed Cork City as they went behind just a minute ago. I'll get offline before I jinx them any further LOL.

Swansea beat Yeovil 2-1 tonight. We scored a 90th minute screamer apparently. Always good to win, even if it is preseason.

I was hoping for more goals in the France v Belgium game but it wasn't a bad game. I would've preferred Belgium to make it to the final but them's the breaks.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

The only thing i didn't like about the game was Mbappe acting like Neymar and playing in a unproffesional & direspectful way ever since he pulled that stunt during the game with Uruguay he seriously needs to stop doing that (Even Ironically Mbappe's playing for PSG along with Neymar there)
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki