Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Honestly I think people are overhyping Wonder Woman's speed here. She is certainly faster than anyone not named Quicksilver, but not nearly as massively so as people are making her out to be.

I haven't watched the WW movie yet, but going by what I've see from the clips...Diana loses. There are just too many people and firepower going against her. I think she can take everyone one on one with Thor and Vision being the toughest but all of them at once is way too much. Oh, and I don't see her as being as fast as QS here. Again I'm basing this off of clips as I haven't seen the movie.

Fantastic Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    That blast was not even enough to do damage to them though. Nothing shows her doing any real damage even against people who die from gunshots. Her shockwave was very weak compared to what it will take to drop someone like Vision.
    That's not true because it wounded the general. She was disoriented and she

Again, I really hope she gets the lightning as standard powers but she did not use anything in any big fight until she absorbed it first. DD and Ares both are perfect examples of that.

What is she doing to kill him from standard starting distance before he simply thinks "intangible?"
    We've only seem go intangible for no more than couple a seconds and the fight feats for it is lack luster. So we can't assume that he stay intangible indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by yolo_dude View Post
    If one takes into account the hand to hand fight against Thor in the deleted scene for Aou, he seemed to have a slight edge over Thor.
    Wasn't that a deleted scene?

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    it's not like Wondy is hurting freaking Vibranium in any case - don't forget, he's made of the stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    he can still take quite a beating from her while responding in kind.
    But we haven't seen any strong durability feats.
    Last edited by AdvanceBushido; 06-06-2017 at 11:17 PM.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceBushido View Post
    We've only seem go intangible for no more than couple a seconds and the fight feats for it is lack luster. So we can't assume that he stay intangible indefinitely.
    Is there a reason to think that his intangibility has a limited duration?
    Vision is made of the same materials as Ultron's final form. He required a combined blast from Thor, Iron Man, and Vision to damage. I would say his Vision's durability is quite solidly established.

[QUOTE=AdvanceBushido;2863160]
    That blast was not even enough to do damage to them though. Nothing shows her doing any real damage even against people who die from gunshots. Her shockwave was very weak compared to what it will take to drop someone like Vision.

That's not true because it wounded the general. She was disoriented and she

Again, I really hope she gets the lightning as standard powers but she did not use anything in any big fight until she absorbed it first. DD and Ares both are perfect examples of that.

Wasn't that a deleted scene?

Where is this absorbing thing coming from? It doesn't show her bands sucking in energy and redirecting it. It just seems that whenever she crosses the bands together they create an energy shockwave. This is supported when she uses it in Themiscara when she's training where there was no energy around. Yes, it was weak, but remember, that was the first time she was using it and she was trying to defend herself and not hurt her​ friends.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Is there a reason to think that his intangibility has a limited duration?
    Yes, because it wasn't shown for no more than a few seconds during the fight scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Vision is made of the same materials as Ultron's final form. He required a combined blast from Thor, Iron Man, and Vision to damage. I would say his Vision's durability is quite solidly established.
    I don't think so. As we have not seen Vision durability challenge. I'm not sure if you can just attribute someone else's durability to someone else who isn't like a twin or clone. They have different physical makes, with one being definitely heavier than the other. As well as I don't remember them being made exactly the same way. You have a video?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yes, because it wasn't shown for no more than a few seconds during the fight scenes.
    You've been here long enough to know that it doesn't work that way around these parts. Just because Hulk never lifted a thousand pounds over his head for 30 seconds doesn't mean thet we assume he can't. Vision never, ever displays the slightest limits to his density control. He never falls out of intangibility, it's never spoken of as "something he can do only for a certain time", etc.

And that ignores the point that even a few seconds would be enough. She cannot HURT him at all. Plus, she has to close to melee range, and Vision can fly. She tries to close, he phases, goes for the heart, if he misses, fine, he flies up into the air and just unloads the energy blast. Can she block it? Sure, why not. But then, while she's locked blocking from one side, Thor and IM just blast her from 120deg and 240deg. The fight ends.

I don't think so. As we have not seen Vision durability challenge. I'm not sure if you can just attribute someone else's durability to someone else who isn't like a twin or clone. They have different physical makes, with one being definitely heavier than the other. As well as I don't remember them being made exactly the same way. You have a video?
    Vision is quite explicitly made of Vibranium. It's a major plot point of the movie.
    Last edited by big_adventure; 06-07-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Seemed to come up pretty fast once she got up. Passively? No. Long activation time? Also no.
    Again, QS is fast enough to simply run up and hog-tie her probably, but it really won't matter.

Handled a sustained attack from one god just fine. Stopped Doomsday's heat vision dead in its tracks. Didn't seem to tax her even a little.
    So, things with SUBSTANTIALLY worse feats than Thor. And it never stops attacks coming from 360 degrees, which is what it's going to have to do here.

I was mostly referring to its effectiveness against Quicksilver. I don't see HIM getting through it. I said in my previous post that Vision, particularly, is a big question mark.
    That's fine - but I doubt she can get it in front of him.

Hog tying? WW clacks her bracelets together and quicksliver is down.

BTW: It's mod BT always blitz CPBH, which the likes of movie Cap and Thor aren't truly at in speed anyway.

PS: Another site someone made a partial gif of the final WW blitz. I don't see the soldiers reacting in it. Just seems like WW blitzs and knocks aside bullets already in flight.. GUY1can rule on it if no consensus.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 06-07-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Movement speed wise Quicksilver may be faster but Wonder Woman's supersonic reactions means she'll easily see him coming and react accordingly. Opening with a shockwave would be prudent.

I have yet to see the movie, but based on what I'm hearing from people who had, how are the abilities of her gear relevant hen QS can just take them from her? Or not even that, just carry Wanda close enough to mindwhammy her and end the fight? She was able to get Thor, so there's no reason to think she can't get Diana a well.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Hog tying? WW clacks her bracelets together and quicksliver is down.

BTW: It's mod BT always blitz CPBH, which the likes of movie Cap and Thor aren't truly at in speed anyway.

PS: Another site someone made a partial gif of the final WW blitz. I don't see the soldiers reacting in it. Just seems like WW blitzs and knocks aside bullets already in flight.. GUY1can rule on it if no consensus.
    Judging by the gif, she's fast but not people are statues fast. The bullet is clearly going faster than her arm, though not hugely so - she's clearly a low-end bullet-timer. We see flames roiling and people falling at normal speeds in the background of her rush, including people reacting to other stuff. Even the guy she clotheslines looks like he's struggling for a moment before she chucks him.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    I have yet to see the movie, but based on what I'm hearing from people who had, how are the abilities of her gear relevant hen QS can just take them from her? Or not even that, just carry Wanda close enough to mindwhammy her and end the fight? She was able to get Thor, so there's no reason to think she can't get Diana a well.
    Her abilities are not tied to her gear.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Her abilities are not tied to her gear.
    It seems her ability to AOE is.

You've been here long enough to know that it doesn't work that way around these parts. Just because Hulk never lifted a thousand pounds over his head for 30 seconds doesn't mean thet we assume he can't. Vision never, ever displays the slightest limits to his density control. He never falls out of intangibility, it's never spoken of as "something he can do only for a certain time", etc.
    Hulk has an abundance of feats to support that he can. He doesn't need no more than 30 seconds to throw an object because we have seen him throw objects in lesser time.

Vision is quite explicitly made of Vibranium. It's a major plot point of the movie.
    In Superman vs Vision the claim of how long Vision can go intangible, what Vision is made was brought up and seemed to be the general consensus.

http://community.comicbookresources....s-Superman(DCU)
    Last edited by AdvanceBushido; 06-07-2017 at 10:36 PM.