BANNED

Default Marvel Super Forms

Now if the writers wanted something new to add the marvel superheroes, Imagine if the characters had transformations similar to the super saiyan from Dragon Ball Z. Can a gimmick like this help the companies comic sales.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmyth View Post
    Now if the writers wanted something new to add the marvel superheroes, Imagine if the characters had transformations similar to the super saiyan from Dragon Ball Z. Can a gimmick like this help the companies comic sales.
    No doubt, it could. As much as I love DBZ though, the transformations were always used as a sort of deux ex machina that took away from actual storytelling.

I think the closest Marvel comes to that is Iron Man's different armors. Those that come to mind are the Hulkbuster, Iron Patriot and Space Armor. I'm having trouble thinking of characters who could benefit by it like he could though.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    No doubt, it could. As much as I love DBZ though, the transformations were always used as a sort of deux ex machina that took away from actual storytelling.

I think the closest Marvel comes to that is Iron Man's different armors. Those that come to mind are the Hulkbuster, Iron Patriot and Space Armor. I'm having trouble thinking of characters who could benefit by it like he could though.
    There were also the Fear Itself weapons/armors the heroes got to take on the The Worthy.

Those were pretty similar to the kinds of upgrades you see in Tokusatsu shows or in Manga.

Kaine's transformation into the Other springs to mind.

There have actually been several fans of Marvel games who have included it as an ultimate ability in proposed builds, like this one for Marvel Heroes:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...s-and-more-new

That said, outside of Spider-man: Unlimited (a running game without distinct abilities) and a costume option in The Amazing Spider-man 2 game, Kaine has yet appear as a proper character in any video game.

If he ever does, I hope to see this ability included. : )
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 06-02-2017 at 01:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post

An example would be "Super Mutantjin", the hair will have a similar look to super saiyan style.

I mean, isnt this basically the Hulk? Especially with Chulk being able to control the transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There were also the Fear Itself weapons/armors the heroes got to take on the The Worthy.

Those were pretty similar to the kinds of upgrades you see in Tokusatsu shows or in Manga.
    Yeah, it was weird how everyone just returned their weapons after that event.

Except Red She-Hulk.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Not sure if it would help sales in any way, but when I think of the Super Saiyan thing in comics, Captain Marvel's Binary form is the first thing that comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmyth View Post
    Can a gimmick like this help the companies comic sales.
    Not even a little.

If they want to help sales - they need to look at bigger picture issues like the impact of crossovers, how they're doing their marketing, and flaws in the distribution model. And sort of story gimmick, whether this or something else, may result in few-issue spike (as with event comics) but would ultimately change nothing.