Default Good comicbook stores in New York

Hello, everyone.
    I'm from Chile and I'm going to be traveling to the US next week for the first time in my life. I will be staying a week in New York and I was wondering if you could recommend me good comicbook stores, I'm specially looking for old material, in singles and trades (Englehart's Batman, Waid's Flash). I'll be near Times Square, hope you can help me!

Try Midtown Comics? Never been there but it's one of the largest stores I know of and I believe they're Diamond Comic Distributors' either #1 or #2 account.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Another vote for Midtown Comics. They have 3 well-stocked stores, with a branch on West 40th Street and 7th Avenue--right in the Times Square vicinity. It would be very convenient since you are staying in that area.

If you can travel a couple of miles south (subway or bus or even walking), you may want to check out Forbidden Planet. It's pretty spacious and has a ton of trades. It's on 12th Street and Broadway and many subway lines go there (Union Square).

Anyway, have a great vacation and welcome to the US, Chubistian

Hi there, Chubistian. Welcome to the USA!

The others already mentioned the two stores I am aware and Shall Bal gave their locations. I Hope you enjoy your trip and time in NY.

Hey there, Shalla Bal! I miss your postings and our chats. Hope all is well with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hi there, Chubistian. Welcome to the USA!

The others already mentioned the two stores I am aware and Shall Bal gave their locations. I Hope you enjoy your trip and time in NY.

Hey there, Shalla Bal! I miss your postings and our chats. Hope all is well with you.
    Hi Phoenixx9! Yeah I've been busy so I haven't posted much (except for the Cover Contest) but I have been reading various posts...Hope all is well with you, my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    Another vote for Midtown Comics. They have 3 well-stocked stores, with a branch on West 40th Street and 7th Avenue--right in the Times Square vicinity. It would be very convenient since you are staying in that area.
    Also want to give a shout out to Midtown Comics. Though there are 3 branches, I definitely have a fondness for the 40th St. one. As Shalla Bal has, it is right in the Times Square vicinity. Literally, go up to two blocks, and you're basically entering Times Square.

The store in itself is great. Lots of comics and trades on the first floor, while there's a ton of merchandise on the second. Staff are really nice and there's a good flow of people in the store. Highly recommended!

If you can travel a couple of miles south (subway or bus or even walking), you may want to check out Forbidden Planet. It's pretty spacious and has a ton of trades. It's on 12th Street and Broadway and many subway lines go there (Union Square).

Anyway, have a great vacation and welcome to the US, Chubistian
    On yeah, definitely like Forbidden Planet. Love the fact that it is close to Union Square as well as the movie theater.

Also, in the Forbidden Planet area, you can also check out St. Mark's Comics, which is about two blocks over and four blocks down from Forbidden Planet over on St. Mark's Place in the Village. It's smaller than the others, but I liked it's smaller vibe. Plus, St. Mark's Place is a great street to visit. Some really nice Japanese restaurants there.

Yeah, hope you enjoy your visit to NYC Chubistian!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Thanks for the answers and nice words! I'll check out those stores then!