Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Default Name of old bookstore in Long Beach, CA

I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist anymore, but back in the 1980's there was a large store along the business beachfront of Long Beach, California. It was on the ocean side of the busy road, but not an ocean view.
    Store sold all kinds of sf and fantasy including models, toys, fanzines, books, comics, collectibles. Biggest store of its king in Long Beach.
    A few blocks away was a store called Sherlock's Home that sold mysteries.

Does anyone recall the name of the store or even remember it existing?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Sorry, can't help with any info.

But the store sounds great! I would be interested in learning about it's history, name, address, is it still there or somewhere else, etc.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Might be Acres of Books. Closed years ago.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

No...that doesn't ring a bell. Thanks though.

It's not really important. Just nostalgia as that was where I discovered Star Trek (original, natch) fan-printed magazines as well as professional novels and fotonovels. Also they had a good selection of Doctor Who. Wish I'd been into comics as well as was probably the time of COIE.

I remember cool Star Wars models hanging near the ceiling. One was a huge Star Destroyer.

Ah well.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)