Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Edge of Venomverse #1

Edge of Venomverse #1 sneak peak is up.

The issue presents a "What If" scenario of what might have happened had the Symbiote aided X-23's escape from the Facility.

Gotta admit, the beginning of her munching on french fries in the elevator made me ROFL.

I'll be reading this. Laura, OML, and Deadpool all involved.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'll definitely be checking this out, too. Big Spider-Man fan, big Venom fan, big X-Men fan, especially of characters like Laura . . . it's everything I like in one delightfully gruesome package!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Okay. I'm sold.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate that the artist somehow managed to make a little girl munching on snacks look terrifying?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In the words that became a famous slogan: "Yes, we can."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Those pages look great. I'm definitely checking this out since Laura is in it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I'll pick this up. But hearing that we'll (surprise surprise) get a focus on Old Man Logan in the actual Venomverse event drained me. I really don't care for his character anymore. From his solo to Astonishing, Gold, and Weapon X (only book where he fits tbh). Now he's getting focus, which is weird because solicits for Edge of Venomverse prime Scotty, his son, as a focal character. Just let Laura be her own character as Wolverine in an event or other book without latching OML onto her.

Definitely picking this up. Not yet sure if I'll be reading much of the rest of Venomverse or not.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I'm going to be buying this, of course. By the way, did anyone here read the Venom story Circle of Four a few years ago? X-23 was a major character in it.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Not too keen on Venomverse as a whole. Was planning on waiting for the TPB to go on sale. But for this, seeing X-23 get venomized, I may make an exception.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I'm going to be buying this, of course. By the way, did anyone here read the Venom story Circle of Four a few years ago? X-23 was a major character in it.
    It actually wasn't too bad. I still wonder if they're ever going to pick up the cliffhanger (each of the Four owe Mephisto a favor).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It actually wasn't too bad. I still wonder if they're ever going to pick up the cliffhanger (each of the Four owe Mephisto a favor).
    Having her have to team up with magik or pixie to deal Mephisto would be nice, hell we could even add she-hulk to the mix to help with the terms of the agreement and maby get it so mephsito ows her one. Its a cool plot point that can lead to alot of things. Its a shame marvel hasn't delt with it yet. Or they fixed it cus secreat wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Having her have to team up with magik or pixie to deal Mephisto would be nice, hell we could even add she-hulk to the mix to help with the terms of the agreement and maby get it so mephsito ows her one. Its a cool plot point that can lead to alot of things. Its a shame marvel hasn't delt with it yet. Or they fixed it cus secreat wars.
    It's a shame that series as a whole doesn't have much of a future of being dealt with.

Don't forget to tag along Mephisto's ex Magma. And there's a lot of interesting avenues for Laura's future arcs. So far:
    -Reunion with Daken
    -Hanging w/ New X-Men
    -Revisiting AvAc kids
    -Hunting Down Arcade
    -Mephisto
    -True Bearer of Captain Universe
    -Checking up with Kiden and the NYX group (it's seriously a crime she hasn't done this anyway)

And, don't mean to divert the discussion but, shouldn't Laura be one of the ones hunted down by the new Weapon X? I mean, she'd be more useful to them than Yuriko (since she handed her ass to her).