Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Puella Magi Madoka Magica in the Marvel MCU

By and act of the Plot Gods, the events of Puella Madoka Magica begin taking place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe shortly after the events of Civil War and Doctor Strange. What happens? Who do the events attract first?

Bonus Scenario: Mordo becomes aware of magical girls and witches and thinks that there are too many of each and goes about 'solving' that problem. What happens then?

The regular supers don't even truly realize what's going on. All the action takes place in pocket-universes, after all.

Doc Strange and his bunch can probably defeat most Magical Girls and Witches pretty handily. I'm not sure about the truly cataclysmic witches, though.

In the bonus scenario, the adorable devils behind the magical girls start subtly plotting against him, perhaps talking a girl into wishing Mordo dead. They are quite cunning for creatures who never act directly and never technically lie.

Spectacular Member

Do you think Heimdall would be able to see what's going on and alert Thor to the situation? What impact do you think Thor would have if he knew what was going on and had Heimdall send him into a battle? What would Loki do if he learned about these events and the Incubators?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    Do you think Heimdall would be able to see what's going on and alert Thor to the situation?
    Unless he's gone blind or something lately, I don't see why not.

What would Loki do if he learned about these events and the Incubators?
    Nothing good, that's for sure.

Mighty Member

The Incubators would probably shelf the Magical Girl project in favor of gathering the infinity Stones.

Spectacular Member

Not long after I started this thread, I've been wondering what the reaction of the Avengers and the Sokovian Accords would be to the magical girls. The witches are invisible to almost everyone except magicians and likely "gods" like the Asgardians. How would S.H.I.E.L.D. react? How would the Secret Avengers react? Would Thunderbolt Ross try to get the girls to sign the Accords? What if they say no? Would they say no? If they say no and go on to still battle witches, would the Accords/S.H.I.E.L.D./Stark's Avengers intervene or try to stop them? What would Tony think about Kyubey? How would Kamar-Taj and the sorcerers there react to the presence of the girls, assuming they don't already know about them since the witches would most certainly pose a mystical threat to Earth?

Incredible Member

Not long after I started this thread, I've been wondering what the reaction of the Avengers and the Sokovian Accords would be to the magical girls. The witches are invisible to almost everyone except magicians and likely "gods" like the Asgardians.
    The witches (and Kyuubey) feel Mjolnir's kiss.

Would Thunderbolt Ross try to get the girls to sign the Accords?
    Unless it's American girls that are being turned into puella magi, I'm not sure he'd bother.

What would Tony think about Kyubey?
    "That's a stupid way to handle entropy!"

How would Kamar-Taj and the sorcerers there react to the presence of the girls, assuming they don't already know about them since the witches would most certainly pose a mystical threat to Earth?
    I doubt Doctor Strange would stand for the Incubators or the witches. For that matter, I can see Ghost Rider going after the witches, Scarlet Witch (depending on her power level) saying "No more witches," etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    "That's a stupid way to handle entropy!"
    It is actually conceptually a very clever way to handle entropy. It takes an abstract concept (emotions) and turns it into actual, extant energy. Now, while this takes some minimal form of input (the brains need to be supplied with some form of energy), by and large its turning "nothing" into "something" and adding to the overall mass and energy of the universe.

The stupid thing about it is why they don't take advantage of economies of scale. There are seven billion people in this planet experiencing emotions, why just leave it to a handful of magical girls?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    It is actually conceptually a very clever way to handle entropy. It takes an abstract concept (emotions) and turns it into actual, extant energy. Now, while this takes some minimal form of input (the brains need to be supplied with some form of energy), by and large its turning "nothing" into "something" and adding to the overall mass and energy of the universe.

The stupid thing about it is why they don't take advantage of economies of scale. There are seven billion people in this planet experiencing emotions, why just leave it to a handful of magical girls?
    Quality over quantity? Because teenage girls have the strongest percentage of raw angst per pound in brief bursts?

Yeah, I don't know either...

Realistically, though, even MCU super science and magic can easily find better ways of getting more energy than the current system, thus nullifying most of the events of Magicka.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    The stupid thing I was referring to involved exposing innocent teenage girls to those levels of stress and angst, and eventually causing them to turn into Witches.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Quality over quantity? .
    In that case, why don't they just hit up the Eva-Verse?
    Plenty of angst to harvest there.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Irrc, isn't that a crucial part of the process? Basically, Magical Girls harvest witches, then turn into witches and get harvested? Something like that?

The stupid thing I was referring to involved exposing innocent teenage girls to those levels of stress and angst, and eventually causing them to turn into Witches.
    That's not stupid, that's a perfectly rational course of action for heartless bastards who don't give a sh*t. (and assuming there are no other viable power sources in their universe)

Or basically, they view humans as livestock, and the magical girl system as a battery farm. Notwithstanding a small subset of humans, you don't exactly mourn every chicken breast at KFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    In that case, why don't they just hit up the Eva-Verse?
    Plenty of angst to harvest there.
    I dunno, I think the whole imminent apocalypse thing would make the venture a loss. Although I guess if anyone can out-angst a Witch, it would be Shinji.

I mean, by the rules of their universe, it's a perfectly solid plan. In Marvel, it likely wouldn't work, and they have thousands of better options.

Heck, it might make more sense to send them to DC, where they have the Emotional Spectrum as part of their cosmic physics.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Irrc, isn't that a crucial part of the process? Basically, Magical Girls harvest witches, then turn into witches and get harvested? Something like that?
    The moment MG's turn into Witches is where all the energy they harvest comes from. From there, I'd assume MGs are just used to keep the Witch's from killing everyone, which has the added benefit of giving the MGs something to fight so it's easy to sucker them into the illusion of being superheroes or whatever.