Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

For the record: there's nothing wrong with new looks and new costumes. Several characters, including Superman, changed their looks multiple times long before Flashpoint. However, the classic looks should always be in continuity as their, well, classic looks. So, the post-Reborn Superman suit is fine, as long as its clear that its not his first ever costume and that the trunks look is. I'm okay with Wonder Woman's Rebirth look, but what I would like more is cementing her classic look and costume as being in her continuity as her classic costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    For the record: there's nothing wrong with new looks and new costumes. Several characters, including Superman, changed their looks multiple times long before Flashpoint. However, the classic looks should always be in continuity as their, well, classic looks. So, the post-Reborn Superman suit is fine, as long as its clear that its not his first ever costume and that the trunks look is. I'm okay with Wonder Woman's Rebirth look, but what I would like more is cementing her classic look and costume as being in her continuity as her classic costume.
    That's what they've done, he's got the trunks look first, then N52 and now Rebirth.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    That's what they've done, he's got the trunks look first, then N52 and now Rebirth.
    Yeah. I know. That's what I'm saying. They should replicate that throughout the rest of the DCU.

BANNED

How can anyone want the red panty back is unbelievable.

Only thing the panty break was Superman's dignity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    How can anyone want the red panty back is unbelievable.

Only thing the panty break was Superman's dignity.
    That's your opinion. Many others have a different opinion. To many, the red trunks signify what they see as "classic Superman." And they certainly didn't stop the character from being one of the most beloved fictional characters of all time. Plus, we did get them back.

Fantastic Member

I'm fine with the Rebirth suit. As long as the belt is drawn well, it breaks up the blue to my satisfaction.

Though I have to admit, I am getting nostalgic for the classic suit. Back when Superman wore it all the time, I thought it would be a good idea to update it. Now I kind of miss it. I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder.

BANNED

That's your opinion. Many others have a different opinion. To many, the red trunks signify what they see as "classic Superman." And they certainly didn't stop the character from being one of the most beloved fictional characters of all time. Plus, we did get them back.
    My Opinion is the absolute Truth.

You all gathered here and talk about The Red Panty reasonably... like Does it break the blue ?... and stuff ARE YOU NUTS !!! i feel like i'm taking crazy pills. People mock Superman to no end because of the damn panty. I endured so many of them... a girl friend of mine said to me once, we make fun of Superman aspecially his red panty when we have our pyjamas party...

To this day, this still pains me, they mock Superman at their pyjamas parties because of the damn red panty... -Shakes his fist and screams- The god damn panty ! But finally DC got rid of that damn panty, i was able to say to my girl friend that ''Superman no longer wears a red panty'' in near past and she didn't say anything... that silence was so priceless. She couldn't mock Superman, i was so happy.

Captain America used to wear a panty, Cyclops used to wear a panty and DC got rid of Batman's panty too. Do you hear any complains from their fans ? what the hell is wrong with you Superman fans. All of you cry and mourn at some corner that the red panty is gone. What kind of weirdos are you... lol just get over the panty .
    Last edited by Batarang; 06-07-2017 at 04:33 PM.

You all gathered here and talk about The Red Panty resonably... like Does it break the blue ?... and stuff ARE YOU NUTS !!! i feel like i'm taking crazy pills. People mock Superman to no end because of the damn panty. I endured so many of them... a girl friend of mine said to me once, we make fun of Superman aspecially his red panty when we have our pyjamas party...

To this day, this still pains me, they mock Superman at their pyjamas parties because of the damn red panty... Shakes his fist and screams- The god damn panty ! But finally DC got rid of that damn panty, i was able to say to my girl friend that ''Superman no longer wears a red panty'' in near past and she didn't say anything... that silence was so priceless. She couldn't mock Superman, i was so happy.

Captain America used to wear a panty, Cyclops used to wear a panty and DC got rid of Batman's panty too. Do you hear any complains from their fans ? what the hell is wrong with you Superman fans. All of you cry and mourn at some corner that the red panty is gone. What kind of weirdos are you... lol just get over the panty .
    I really don't care what a bunch of preteens/teens thought about Superman's trunks and Cap never wore trunks his suit has always been on sold pants and Cyclops has had many costumes I can think of 13 off the top of my head. The trunks are Superman's classic look love or hate they are and for some it will always be the preferred look. & Batman should have his trunks too hey I don't care if your a Superman or a Batman an extra level of protection in that area is always a good idea.

Yeah. I know. That's what I'm saying. They should replicate that throughout the rest of the DCU.
    just don't give Dick Grayson or Jason Todd the original Robin costume in canon. I don't even like Dick's current Robin suit, but anything is better than the "classic."

Retired

I hate to see the majority of Jack Kirby's character designs for the Fourth World discarded, just because he had male characters girding their loins.

When I'm reading a Kirby creation, I want to see them the way the King drew them. Not the way some lesser mortal has redesigned 'em to satisfy modern sensitivities.

Extraordinary Member

Its really not. Because there is no "absolute truth" in matters that are inherently subjective. Like comics.

You all gathered here and talk about The Red Panty reasonably... like Does it break the blue ?... and stuff ARE YOU NUTS !!! i feel like i'm taking crazy pills. People mock Superman to no end because of the damn panty. I endured so many of them... a girl friend of mine said to me once, we make fun of Superman aspecially his red panty when we have our pyjamas party...

To this day, this still pains me, they mock Superman at their pyjamas parties because of the damn red panty... -Shakes his fist and screams- The god damn panty ! But finally DC got rid of that damn panty, i was able to say to my girl friend that ''Superman no longer wears a red panty'' in near past and she didn't say anything... that silence was so priceless. She couldn't mock Superman, i was so happy.
    Yeah. I think people should just like what they like and don't care what other people think about it. Caring too much what others think isn't healthy. Who the hell cares what some teenagers think? The "panty" didn't stop people from loving the classic Superman movies or stop Superman from being one of the most loved characters in history. Oh, and if you haven't been paying attention, the "panty" is back:

See what he's wearing there. Yup, his "panty" is now back as his first costume.

Well, firstly Captain America never did. Secondly, the fact that Batman was considered the most popular superhero ever even when he still had the "panty" should say something. And thirdly, you do know that a lot of Marvel and DC characters still sport the trunks look, right? See Taskmaster, Dr. Fate, Blue Beetle, or Hawkman recently?

Oh, what's that Hawkman and Hawkgirl are wearing?
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 06-07-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    just don't give Dick Grayson or Jason Todd the original Robin costume in canon. I don't even like Dick's current Robin suit, but anything is better than the "classic."
    You been reading Nightwing?

BAM!!

The hell is that???

I either dropped Nightwing just in time, or I should have kept it on my pull instead of switching to trade waiting......

Seriously, what the hell am I looking at?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The hell is that???

I either dropped Nightwing just in time, or I should have kept it on my pull instead of switching to trade waiting......

Seriously, what the hell am I looking at?
    Professor Pyg sent a Dollotron version of Nightwing after Dick in a recent arc. The Dollotron Nightwing (aka Deathwing but not the Deathwing from Wolfman's Titans) was then kicked in the face by a Dollotron Robin.

You been reading Nightwing?

BAM!!

see this is what I'm talking about, something about the classic Robin suit just creeps me right the hell out.... Actually putting it on an antagonist is a stroke of genius. It just looks creepy and disturbing abet in a somewhat ironic way. And hey using the red Nightwing suit on a villain ain't half bad either. Looks more like a villain suit anyway.The only good thing I appreciate about the classic Robin suit is how artists have used the basic iconography to make much better looking versions.
    While I said that I don't want the trunks on the modern Superman suit, it still hasn't aged nearly as bad as Robin's. I'd still read about Superman if he went back to the trunks, no problem. If Robin started wearing a speedo and pixie boots, I'm out.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 06-08-2017 at 01:39 AM.