Default Screaming Citadel

Any thoughts on this current storyline? It sort of feels a bit like Dark Horse's Vector storyline a little bit, in the sense that it's Star Wars meets some horror elements (although in this case, the action is limited strictly to the OT instead of spread through the different eras like that was), with the characters dealing with a vampiric Queen.

The Yoda story that ended recently seemed a bit "meh" to me, but this one seems to be a bit more fun, especially with the Aphra/Luke interaction.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Yoda story that ended recently seemed a bit "meh" to me, but this one seems to be a bit more fun, especially with the Aphra/Luke interaction.
    Yeah, this one is pretty good. I like the Aphra/Luke team up too. And Checchetto's art is very good.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I liked Vader down, which was the only other crossover so far if memory serves. This one is just ok for me so far. I'm starting to wonder why any of them trust Dr Aphra with anything at this point.

Have we even got an explanation how Aphra found Luke to begin with at that bar?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    I liked Vader down, which was the only other crossover so far if memory serves. This one is just ok for me so far. I'm starting to wonder why any of them trust Dr Aphra with anything at this point.

Have we even got an explanation how Aphra found Luke to begin with at that bar?
    Han's "wife" told her because apparently she owes Aphra something.

This story had a strong start, as I really liked the subtle horror elements but the recent entries have just felt like action set piece, after action set piece which gets boring fast.

It didn't get any better sadly, I loved the start but it got worse as it went.

I think Vader Down and the first Vader series set the bar REALLY high. I get that they're trying something different but it's not working very well. It's not bad but it's not good either.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think Vader Down and the first Vader series set the bar REALLY high. I get that they're trying something different but it's not working very well. It's not bad but it's not good either.
    It could have worked, I liked the horror mood they created in the first part but they lost that moodiness and didn't give us anything to replace it with, and they didn't stick the end either. I mean, we all knew Luke wasn't going to get any serious Jedi training out of this as he was still a relative amateur in Empire before meeting Yoda but it should have been more insightful than it was.