Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Friday, Life, and Love:

INTRODUCING Ororo Munroe aka STORM in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Wow! That is Storm!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I think I'm reaching my limit on superhero movies, but I could go for a dark, gritty futuristic sci fi horror thriller along the lines of Blade Runner meets Silence of the Lambs meets the Exorcist featuring Misty Knight. Rated R and not for the meek.

I'm thinking of a duology with very few elements tying back to Misty's comic book history. She is African American and the cybernetic arm is a given. For simplicity's sake, I'd probably establish in the movie that medical science has advanced to the point where Misty's entire right side of her body was damaged in the blast, but replaced and/or healed through the miracles of science.

Beyond that, there would be changes to Misty's story. There's no mention of Danny, but perhaps Rand Enterprises/Corp appears as a mysterious agency. Colleen Wing appears, albeit as the subject of Misty's recurring dreams/nightmares. We find out that Misty and Colleen were passionate lovers up until the latter's death. Misty is actually unapologetically pansexual, which we'll find out later when former FBI profiler, cult expert and current mental patient (and suspect) Marc Spector (better known as Moon Knight) is introduced.

Misty was kidnapped by a cult as a child and subjected to unimaginable horrors for days. It turns out, so, too, was Spector, albeit for weeks longer than Misty. In order to deal with the trauma, Spector's psyche became fragmented. It would shatter altogether some years later after he was covertly embedded as an FBI agent in a death cult that refers to itself collectively as The Khonshu. According to the Khonshu priests, Spector doesn't suffer from multiple personality disorder, but is actually possessed by a demon. Spector dies under mysterious circumstances in his asylum cell before the truth can be confirmed.

There are signs to indicate that Misty was kidnapped by the same cult and that she is their true end game. She bears the Mark of Khonshu according to Spector. She is susceptible to the demon's calling, which explains her periodic black-outs and synesthesia (where her senses are temporarily cross-wired depending on the stimulus -- the smell of death makes her hear voices, the sight of blood triggers her olfactory senses as something sweet and "cotton candy like"). Misty, of course, doesn't believe any of the mumbo jumbo. She's her own woman, with her own flaws and challenges, most due to the bomb incident. Or so she thinks. By the duology's end, the question of Khonshu's influence on Misty's character remains unanswered. Yes, she defeats the serial killer and exposes the cult members, some of whom occupy the highest seats of power in the new world government, but we never know for sure whether or not Misty is on the same path that drove Spector insane. Only her dreams tell the truth of it.

Now let's see ... who do we get to play Misty, Marc and Colleen?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Storm is just not a solo character. Never really has been. She is just one of those characters that really only works as a member of a team.
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I disagree. With creative writing it can work. Just like Wolverine who was an incredibly thin character when he was first created.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Sure, with creative work anything is possible; but the problem is taking the effort to find it, given that they would have to create the entire story from zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Even if that were true ( and I'm not conceding that it is) I don't see how that's a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    That even Jean has the DPS (i think that it counts but you dont need all the X-men to work)
    It BOMBED at the Box Office!
    and X-23 has her traumatic live; what does Storm have ?.
    In the MCU they could start with a flashback scene in Black Panther 2..

..before depicting the MCU Storm leading the MCU X-Men!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    She has no solo stories, so a film is off the table. Face the facts.

Mystique is likely to get one before her.
    Maybe a Sue Storm movie (pre-marriage).
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Maybe a Sue Storm movie (pre-marriage).
    Why pre-marriage? She's at her most interesting in the modern era which is after years of marriage.
    Anyway she has the same problem of no solo stories (this current one is only 5 issues). I see no reason for Sue to have a solo film, maybe if she has years of good solo comics then my opinion would change.

Storm is in a similar position, but a slightly better one as her origin isn't linked to anyone like Sue's is. If they really want to make a Storm film they could use her origin and stretch that out to a film length, but outside of that there will be a struggle to find stories for a solo film.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'd love a Storm movie if: they didn't spend the first hour on her childhood, her discovery of powers, her days in the X-group.
    I'd love a Storm movie that starts right out with her being solicited to 'do something' about the arctic/antarctic ice melt; perhaps she first refuses, perhaps she's unable, but takes on climate change as best she's able, railing at the UN against polluters, facing down attacks, in the present, on her person for being a mutant, for being a former juvenile thief, for being an uppity black African, all along the way rather than as the usual 'and then she was rescued by Xavier and spend years as an X-man, and on and on'. Wouldn't mind if she attempts to enlist T'Challa in her environmental crusade, that seems a natural element, adds to her 'back story' without interruption to the main story, but I'd hope she'd be kept clear of all the usual Marvel-world tie-ins otherwise.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Why pre-marriage? She's at her most interesting in the modern era which is after years of marriage.
    Anyway she has the same problem of no solo stories (this current one is only 5 issues). I see no reason for Sue to have a solo film, maybe if she has years of good solo comics then my opinion would change.

Storm is in a similar position, but a slightly better one as her origin isn't linked to anyone like Sue's is. If they really want to make a Storm film they could use her origin and stretch that out to a film length, but outside of that there will be a struggle to find stories for a solo film.
    Pre marriage because after that she’s Storm-Richards.

It’s a play on the thread title.

Still a better idea than an Ororo movie.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    It BOMBED at the Box Office!

..before depicting the MCU Storm leading the MCU X-Men!
    [/CENTER]
    Looking back, this conversation seems a little hypocritical coming from someone who frequently shoots bolts of plasma hot enough to melt sand into glass without waiting for permission.

BANNED

MCU X-men Storm Actress (Top 3)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Looking back, this conversation seems a little hypocritical coming from someone who frequently shoots bolts of plasma hot enough to melt sand into glass without waiting for permission.
    Permission tends to be given by those more restrained. Storm is fairly calm and restrained and respects all life to the point of being upset at killing a brood embryo that was going to take her over.

And looking at the context, her telling logan to back off is absolutely justifiable (atleast within this situation)

Willing to stab both, hoping that kurt would teleport out (easily possible kurt wouldn't), and when storm asks him to restrain himself or use his claws on her, he gives her an indication that he will use them on her too?

Earlier in the issue he was going to kill pyro on national tv which would've soured mutant relations further.

There's a difference between having lethal options and using them completely recklessly.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 12-13-2019 at 04:31 AM.

BANNED

I'd really like this sequence to be incorporated into live action in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I'd really like this sequence to be incorporated into live action in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    Well, it was in X-Men 1 back in 2000, when Mystique copied Wolverine and both fought in front of the rest of the team.