Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Who would want a movie about a character who has been background fodder in X-Men moves and books?

When Marvel-the comic division and Fox the move division actually do something with her that does not involve

Wolverine's bed
    Her blackness being question
    Her leadership skills in question
    Black Panther

But focus on WHO she is as a woman who is black and happens to be a mutant with powers of nature.
    A woman who can stand on her own.
    A woman with her own rivals

Then we can talk.

Until then get X-23 movie ready.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    She has no solo stories, so a film is off the table. Face the facts.

Mystique is likely to get one before her.
    Which I think is weird. The movies turned her into this crusader with a higher profile than Jean, or Storm or Kitty Pryde, any of which is should have gotten more screen time than her.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, if Gambit can get his own movie, I don't see why Storm couldn't. I wouldn't be too excited about it, though. I don't think I'll ever be that excited about the X-Men franchise as long as they're still under FOX.
    Gambit is not getting his own movie. That thing is totally dead in the water at this point. Hell they have not even mentioned it in months.

Storm is just not a solo character. Never really has been. She is just one of those characters that really only works as a member of a team.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Probably not but it's less because of Storm as a character and more because of Hollywood.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    She has no solo stories, so a film is off the table. Face the facts.

Mystique is likely to get one before her.
    Blade had less than a handful of solo comic stories and yet his film helped revive the superhero genre film.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Gambit is not getting his own movie. That thing is totally dead in the water at this point. Hell they have not even mentioned it in months.

Storm is just not a solo character. Never really has been. She is just one of those characters that really only works as a member of a team.
    I disagree. With creative writing it can work. Just like Wolverine who was an incredibly thin character when he was first created.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Probably not but it's less because of Storm as a character and more because of Hollywood.
    More like "Storm" it's just not a franchise in the way "Wonder Woman" or like any solo hero is.

I disagree. With creative writing it can work. Just like Wolverine who was an incredibly thin character when he was first created.
    Sure, with creative work anything is possible; but the problem is taking the effort to find it, given that they would have to create the entire story from zero.

More like "Storm" it's just not a franchise in the way "Wonder Woman" or like any solo hero is.
    Well, that's a problem with all the X-men, except Wolverine and Cable and Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Sure, with creative work anything is possible; but the problem is taking the effort to find it, given that they would have to create the entire story from zero.

Well, that's a problem with all the X-men, except Wolverine and Cable and Deadpool.
    Yeah, that's why I think it's silly to push for solo X-Men movies.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

I read some news about the Gambit solo movie just a few days ago, and FOX still seems interested in doing it. My point is: even if it never happens after all, they STILL considered doing it. They still thought it was a good idea at some point. So it's not far fetched for the same consideration to be made about Storm.

If the X-Men were in the MCU, then yeah, I'd totally agree Storm would never get a solo. But in those other Marvel Universes I feel like anything is possible. Just look at some of the decisions Sony has been making recently.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-04-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Invincible Member

No version of Ant Man was ever popular in comics. Or GoTG. Or Blade. I hate to go there, but I was thinking it's more cuz she's a black woman and there's not another big action movie franchise built around a black woman right now. I'm not saying that one can't be popular, I think just the opposite, but Big Hollywood is really resistant when it comes to certain things ( see Sony emails).

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Even if that were true ( and I'm not conceding that it is) I don't see how that's a problem.

No version of Ant Man was ever popular in comics. Or GoTG. Or Blade. I hate to go there, but I was thinking it's more cuz she's a black woman and there's not another big action movie franchise built around a black woman right now. I'm not saying that one can't be popular, I think just the opposite, but Big Hollywood is really resistant when it comes to certain things ( see Sony emails).
    Well, we are not talking about being popular, we are talking about having stories away from the X-men as a group; unlike Storm, for instance, Ant-man has a long story on his own book even his own legacy.

Think about it in this way; Cyclops doesnt have material for a solo movie either, his stories always involved being the leader of the X-men or protecting the entire mutant race.

Even if that were true ( and I'm not conceding that it is) I don't see how that's a problem.
    That even Jean has the DPS (i think that it counts but you dont need all the X-men to work) and X-23 has her traumatic live; what does Storm have ?.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 06-04-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Incredible Member

If I were Fox I would definitely be looking at the potential success of A) Wonder Woman B).Black Panther and C). Silver & Black

If Sony, is able to make Silver and Black work the chance of other characters like Storm who is definitely more popular has a better success of getting made.

As for story , supporting cast and villians you can use various XMen like Deadpool. I think the Morlock storyline has potential, any number of Storm centric arc in the past 40 yrs can be fitted to a solo depending on the writer have Storm create her own X branch i.e XSE or an original story arc with any number of characters

Blade had less than a handful of solo comic stories and yet his film helped revive the superhero genre film.
    Blade is a solo movie character. I would argue that he is more successful in movie form than comic book form. Apples and oranges