Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I disagree. With creative writing it can work. Just like Wolverine who was an incredibly thin character when he was first created.
    But Wolverines power set and the fact that he is a hand to hand fighter made it much easier to branch out and tell more stories. With Storm her powers would be hard to use in a way that didn't make her look way overpowered or nerfed in a solo setting.

BANNED

Let's see them do a passable Storm in one of their main movies first. 17 years later and still nothing.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, we are not talking about being popular, we are talking about having stories away from the X-men as a group; unlike Storm, for instance, Ant-man has a long story on his own book even his own legacy.

Think about it in this way; Cyclops doesnt have material for a solo movie either, his stories always involved being the leader of the X-men or protecting the entire mutant race.

That even Jean has the DPS (i think that it counts but you dont need all the X-men to work) and X-23 has her traumatic live; what does Storm have ?.
    Ant Man does not have a long history of stories. He has a handful of stories as Hank Pym then Hank became Giant Man. Scott Lang had like a couple of solos stories. Eric O'Grady has a handful of stories.

What does Storm have? She has a fascinating background story, cool super powers, and an interesting personality. It doesn't matter that she doesn't have a library of solo stories...it's fiction, you hire a writer to create a new story.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Blade is a solo movie character. I would argue that he is more successful in movie form than comic book form. Apples and oranges
    It's not apples and oranges. It's the exact same thing. He was mostly known as a support character in Tomb of Dracula, with a handful of solo stories...until someone made a successful move starring the character.

Ant Man does not have a long history of stories. He has a handful of stories as Hank Pym then Hank became Giant Man. Scott Lang had like a couple of solos stories. Eric O'Grady has a handful of stories.

What does Storm have? She has a fascinating background story, cool super powers, and an interesting personality. It doesn't matter that she doesn't have a library of solo stories...it's fiction, you hire a writer to create a new story.
    Like i said:

Sure, with creative work anything is possible; but the problem is taking the effort to find it, given that they would have to create the entire story from zero.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    But Wolverines power set and the fact that he is a hand to hand fighter made it much easier to branch out and tell more stories. With Storm her powers would be hard to use in a way that didn't make her look way overpowered or nerfed in a solo setting.
    I dunno...this is like saying it's too hard to do Superman movie cuz he's too powerful ( or Wonder Woman ).

It's not apples and oranges. It's the exact same thing. He was mostly known as a support character in Tomb of Dracula, with a handful of solo stories...until someone made a successful move starring the character.
    Have you asked how many people know that he is a comic book character ?.

And anyways tell me, who is Storm's archenemy ?, the main villain of her movie ?.

I dunno...this is like saying it's too hard to do Superman movie cuz he's too powerful ( or Wonder Woman ).
    Well, Man of Steel showed that is actually hard to do a good Superman movie.

And Wonder Woman doesnt have ranged attacks; and in this universe, she doesnt even fly.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 06-04-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Let's see them do a passable Storm in one of their main movies first. 17 years later and still nothing.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Invincible Member

Have you asked how many people know that he is a comic book character ?.

And anyways tell me, who is Storm's archenemy ?, the main villain of her movie ?.

Well, Man of Steel showed that is actually hard to do a good Superman movie.

And Wonder Woman doesnt have ranged attacks; and in this universe, she doesnt even fly.
    1) I would say most people didn't know that Blade was a comic book character. But that's a completely different issue.

2) It doesn't matter that Storm doesn't have an "official" arch enemy. You can use Callisto or the Shadow King or make up an entirely new foe.

3) And the first two Chris Reeve Supes movies showed that it's possible to do good Superman films. ( I actually sorta liked Man of Steel as well)

4) Ranged attacks and flight are not what anyone judges the quality of a movie on

1) I would say most people didn't know that Blade was a comic book character. But that's a completely different issue.

2) It doesn't matter that Storm doesn't have an "official" arch enemy. You can use Callisto or the Shadow King or make up an entirely new foe.

3) And the first two Chris Reeve Supes movies showed that it's possible to do good Superman films. ( I actually sorta liked Man of Steel as well)

4) Ranged attacks and flight are not what anyone judges the quality of a movie on
    I thought that we were talking about how powerful a character is.

Incredible Member

Her most recent solo had Davis Harmon a cyborg head of a multinational , her uncle , Shadow King or retrofit Morlocks.

Though, I will say at this point a Storm solo film is a pipe dream without a A list celebrity or creative team behind it and I don't think Fox is in any rush to change that smh

Shadow king only work as an Origin villian.

BANNED

Now that Singer is done making X-Men movies, the other female characters might actually get better treatment instead of being sidelined for J-Law and whoever is playing Jean/Phoenix.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Shadow king only work as an Origin villian.
    He can be a reoccurring threat as shown in World's Apart

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Blade had less than a handful of solo comic stories and yet his film helped revive the superhero genre film.
    True, but if you made a Blade movie now, it probably would bomb at the box office. Hollywood certainly isn't interested in it, especially now that vampire themed stories are no longer the trend.

We all know why Storm won't get a movie any time soon. As much as we might wish otherwise, she simply isn't the Wonder Woman of Marvel. The powers that be have decided to move on and see if Carol Danvers can fill that role. (I think the Captain Marvel movie is going to crash and burn, too, but I hope that's not the case.) Like everyone else I think X-23 is going to be the next female likely to get a movie...and it should be a pretty big hit. Violent, visceral movies with excellent characterization almost always do well.