Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I can't remember, at which point did he loose his eye, grow fangs and claws, and eat Morlun's head? Was that early or late in the run.
    That was in "The Other" storyline in the second half of the run. I personally was meh throught the whole thing, i like Morlun first story and that's about it.

Thanks. I didn't much care for Morlun during JMS's run. I thought he built him up too big. I did enjoy the character in Spider-verse though.

I like him as an obstacle to overthrought in Coming Home and that was about it, it was cool to saw Peter kick his ass.
    I can't stand him or his family in Spider-Verse thougth.

His family didn't stand out enough to be considered separate characters to me. It's like how you don't talk about any particular member of The Jury. You just talk about them as a group.

Just want to mention thank you to everyone for their recommendations; just ordered Coming Home arc through ebay.

BANNED

Has anyone mentioned the actual "Road To Civil War" and the "Civil War" JMS ASM arcs themselves?

Those are actually some damn good stories, and with some great Lee Weeks art.

Has anyone mentioned the actual "Road To Civil War" and the "Civil War" JMS ASM arcs themselves?

I thought that it was decently written and the artwork, as you said, was pretty good. But i don't like much Peter's reasoning to reveal his identity, but i give credit JMS for at least trying.
    I have mixed feelings about the "Unmasked" era. for one side, there was a lot of good stuff going around that time, for another side it would bring problems to the book that would affected it in the long term game.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I thought that it was decently written and the artwork, as you said, was pretty good. But i don't like much Peter's reasoning to reveal his identity, but i give credit JMS for at least trying.
    I have mixed feelings about the "Unmasked" era. for one side, there was a lot of good stuff going around that time, for another side it would bring problems to the book that would affected it in the long term game.
    My thoughts exactly. It was interesting as a TEMPORARY development but not long term and it did give us the awesome unhinged Back in Black arc which was really good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I agree, there was plenty of bad that came out of it, but the lead up to it all was pretty well done I have to say.

I think Peter getting the Iron Spider costume felt like a true event at that time. Since then, he changes his costume as often as most people change their underwear, so it's something that's much less special now IMO.

TPB-wise, I recommend Best of Spider-Man Volume 3. It covers the period of when Shatra shows up through Morlun/Ezekiel, the Conversation with Aunt May, Doomed Affairs and ending with the Happy Birthday arc, and a bunch of Spidey nostalgia.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post

I actually love the ASM civil war tie in. The 15 issues from the first issue with the iron spider costume up to the end of Back in Black are all great.

It was Ron Garney on art. Not Lee Weeks

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I actually love the ASM civil war tie in. The 15 issues from the first issue with the iron spider costume up to the end of Back in Black are all great.

It was Ron Garney on art. Not Lee Weeks
    ****, you're right, it was Garney.

I just thought that his stuff had a Weeks-like vibe to it.

****, you're right, it was Garney.

I just thought that his stuff had a Weeks-like vibe to it.
    You are not wrong there. They are quite similar.

I miss that Peter. JMS really did get the core casts voices spot on and moved the characters forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    You are not wrong there. They are quite similar.

I miss that Peter. JMS really did get the core casts voices spot on and moved the characters forward.
    Yeah, even when JMS' Peter Parker was acting immature, there was a sense of the weight of his years as a superhero behind his character.

It's about time I read from "Coming Home" and onward again, it's been several years.

Yeah, even when JMS' Peter Parker was acting immature, there was a sense of the weight of his years as a superhero behind his character.

It's about time I read from "Coming Home" and onward again, it's been several years.
    You are so right there. And Spidey kicked ass as well. He didnt need help every fight.

It is with out a doubt my favourite run on Spidey. Even with 'The Other and OMD there to taint it. I dont mind Sins Past.

You go and get to the reading. Lol.