Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Marvel ripping off DC cartoons

Now if the company Marvel Animation got very desperate to compete with the recent DC comics cartoons, They would copy every recent animated series DC/Warners made.

Spider-Man GO! (Teen Titans GO! style).
    Marvel Superhero Girls (Similar to DC Superhero Girls).
    Avengers Action (In the style of Justice League Action).
    Man without Fear (CGI Daredevil cartoon like Beware The Batman).

How would everyone react if marvel decided to make these shows.

Astonishing Member

"Why, they aren't even good shows to begin with so why copy it. It is just like when Pepsi copied Diet Coke and made Pepsi"

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Well, if that resulted in a Young Avengers cartoon to rip off Young Justice, I'd be 100% on board.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmyth View Post
    Now if the company Marvel Animation got very desperate to compete with the recent DC comics cartoons, They would copy every recent animated series DC/Warners made.

I would love to watch those two.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I would love to watch those two.
    Same here .

A CGI Daredevil cartoon also sounds pretty cool .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kingmyth View Post

With the same apathy I have toward their current shows on Disney. I understand they needed that Disney money but I knew they would start churning out soulless Disney crap after the deal was made.

Incredible Member

Since the Disney deal , Marvel hasn't made any standout animation and they were so close with Avengers EMH, Spec Spidey and WaTXM at cohesive universe. At this point rip-off DC might not be a bad idea because the gulf between them is soooo big

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    Since the Disney deal , Marvel hasn't made any standout animation and they were so close with Avengers EMH, Spec Spidey and WaTXM at cohesive universe. At this point rip-off DC might not be a bad idea because the gulf between them is soooo big
    If they did copy those DC shows, would it help marvel animation.

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Don't really blame Marvel for doing that. DC has always dominated when it came to animation and the rip-offs are probably just a desperate way to play catch up. Besides, a CGI Daredevil series in the style of Beware the Batman sounds pretty dope.
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive

I wouldn't care at all. Let all the naysayers say that Marvel would be copying. DC is great in its animation department and I'm all for Marvel taking some notes.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

So there's two posts now that are blaming Disney. I wonder if this is part of that whole "hate Disney because it's cool and hippie to hate big corporations thing", or if we're still stuck in 2009 and it's still under the assumption that Disney will destroy Marvel.

DC animation was king once with their shows and films but I don't know anymore they're not worse than the current Marvel stuff but they're not better IMO either. Justice League Action is on par with Avengers Assemble and neither hold a candle to Justice League/JLU or Avengers EMH. Out of the DC animated films since the release of Justice League War I think all have fallen in quality of story and animation with the exceptions of Gods and Monsters, Batman Return of the Caped Crusaders, and Justice League Dark. Even Teen Titans Judas Contract had many issues IMO. I find Teen Titans Go dreadful and the new Spider-Man show looks better than it. Both animation division need improvements at the moment IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I wouldn't care at all. Let all the naysayers say that Marvel would be copying. DC is great in its animation department and I'm all for Marvel taking some notes.
    I am honestly trying to think up good Marvel animations, and all I'm getting is the old 90s X-Men cartoon. And that's...pretty much it. It's so sad, between the 90s X-Men and Batman The Animated Series, it was a perfect time for kids to enjoy both Marvel and DC.

But whereas Batman the Animated Series' success led to influencing the comics in positive ways, plus paving the way for more DC cartoon adaptations in BTAS' style/universe, nothing grew out of the 90s X-Men success.

I'm now wondering if its because the BTAS style was just more timeless while the X-Men cartoon is just so...90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    I am honestly trying to think up good Marvel animations, and all I'm getting is the old 90s X-Men cartoon. And that's...pretty much it. It's so sad, between the 90s X-Men and Batman The Animated Series, it was a perfect time for kids to enjoy both Marvel and DC.

But whereas Batman the Animated Series' success led to influencing the comics in positive ways, plus paving the way for more DC cartoon adaptations in BTAS' style/universe, nothing grew out of the 90s X-Men success.

I'm now wondering if its because the BTAS style was just more timeless while the X-Men cartoon is just so...90s.
    Marvel had plenty of success stories in the 00's with X-Men Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men, Their Anime Line, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and Spectacular Spider-Man. & While their current shows are geared at a younger audiences their on the same level as Justice League Action and while not my taste they're also not horrible.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, if that resulted in a Young Avengers cartoon to rip off Young Justice, I'd be 100% on board.
    Holy crap, sign me up!

I may not like the current marvel animation products, but they have produced some really good stuff in the past. Spider-man TAS, Spectacular Spider-man, X-men TAS, X-men evolution, Avengers EMH. Marvel has done great work before, and they can do so again. The current period is just a slump. But seriously, I really like the idea of a young Avengers show.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."