Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Honestly, DC should just make Mark Doyle the EIC now. It's hard to explain how exciting the Bat-line is looking under his watch, and my hope is that he can bring more variety to entire DC Comics division. Maybe we could finally get that Cyborg solo or Shazam instead of holding them hostage to Johns.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    God, that fits so $#&@ing well. Great idea!

Unfortunately, you saying it here means that it can probably never happen for the same reason writers don't like reading amateur scripts to avoid a potential "THAT WAS MY IDEA YOU STOLE IT" situation.
    I hear by ok it to be stolen.....Steal it DC!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Love the new costume and art, but it looks like she is being de-aged even further which I'm not cool with. If she's going back to school, we'd better see the return of those insane computer skills she had as Oracle.

Batgirl always should have been the lightest Bat-book, so looking forward to the new tone and following Gail to whatever project she's got lined up next.
    Ah yes. This was the second thing that stood out to me, and I agree that it could be a problem BUT we'll just have to see how she's portrayed in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I'm excited about this. It really does look like DC has been listening to fan reaction and actively trying to bring back tonal (and concept) variety to their line.
    I hope so. Would love to see fun books for Tim and co.

I'm glad to hear this, I love Barbra Gordon but didn't like Simone's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I also appreciate that, at least from those images, they've given her a more reasonable bust size. No inflato-boobs here, good for them.
    I can't say I've ever noticed bab's boobs being unreasonably sized. I mean, she's not big Titania or anything...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Love the new costume and art, but it looks like she is being de-aged even further which I'm not cool with. If she's going back to school, we'd better see the return of those insane computer skills she had as Oracle.

Batgirl always should have been the lightest Bat-book, so looking forward to the new tone and following Gail to whatever project she's got lined up next.
    De-aged further? She's going to grad school, means she already has a degree.

BANNED

Honestly, DC should just make Mark Doyle the EIC now. It's hard to explain how exciting the Bat-line is looking under his watch, and my hope is that he can bring more variety to entire DC Comics division. Maybe we could finally get that Cyborg solo or Shazam instead of holding them hostage to Johns.
    In some alternate universe out there, Karen Berger is running DC...

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Great news! About time actually as I was just about ready to drop it from my pull. I'm excited for this creative team and direction change. Simone's book has grown stale to me and I've really only been continuing to pick it up out of habit. Maybe I'll be able to enjoy it again.

Do it DC. At the very least make Doyle a decent offer to stay as the Bat editor.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    I hope so. Would love to see fun books for Tim and co.
    Is Klarion considered a Gotham book? If not, that gives a lot of hope for the broader DC publishing line.

This kind of rejuvenating effort is what the currently dead Young Justice line has been begging for - fresh ideas and new spins with fresh voices at the helm.

October is definitely looking to be an exciting month at DC. I am very curious to see where they go with the non-Bat books.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 07-10-2014 at 07:56 AM.

While I'll give it a try, I loathe when people try to be trendy or "hip". If something is naturally a certain way, that is fine, but I don't want something that is forced.

Overall, I am lukewarm on this change in direction. I hope to enjoy it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm glad for a new creative team. I love Batgirl and really wanted to like the book, but it just wasn't doing it for me. Writing wise, this sounds like the Babsgirl I was hoping for in the New 52 reboot.

Not crazy about the costume though. I think the streamlined DCAU costume would have been the way to go.

Extraordinary Member

It probably will not work for everyone, but so glad to see DC shifting the tone of so many books. This is how they should be going about offering variety within their line and I am pretty excited by this.

All-New Member

Hey, I'm back! Anyway, I'm really intrigued by this new take on Batgirl. The tone seems to be harnessing the Stephanie Brown days, the art looks incredible and unlike anything I've seen from a DC Comic before (except for maybe Gotham Academy,) and the new costume is amazing. I really like the idea of using regular clothes as a costume or uniform, kind of like the Assassin's Creed Assassins. It's really clever and I like how the image outlines the different aspects of it. I really have loved Gail Simone's take on the character and I think she absolutely nailed Barbara Gordon, but I'm interested to see how this new creative team presents a lighter side of Gotham. It's nice to see DC trying new things in this October, not just characters and series but tones, genres, and potentially getting out of the mostly adults only zone. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Babs should turn Oracle into a phone app like apples Siri. While it wouldn't be as sophisticated, i think turning "Oracle" into a phone app that Babs develops, that could do some of the rudimentary things, would be pretty cool. And trending with the times.
    Be silent, and take my currency.

Seriously, that's a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Godlike, delete your post!
    uh, yeah, abort, Godlike, abort!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I hear by ok it to be stolen.....Steal it DC!!!
    It's okay DC, he's giving it to you. Can we set up some kind of direct line to The Fantastic Mr. Doyle?

Astonishing Member

Basically, yeah. We need this kind of creative revamping in the greater DCU. Especially in what used to be the Young Justice books. The new Teen Titans book looks like it will be alright and better than Lobdell's run, but that's faint praise.