Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

First: Good job on the detective work over the last few days Fhiz.

Second: Love the redesigned costume and the new artist seems to be pretty great from what I see.

Third: Mark Doyle is tearing it up in the Bat Office with the recent announcements/creative teams.

Well i didn't want to quite admit it, because while not the perfect book i did like Gail's Batgirl and defended it alot, but it was time. I all but said it in the last Batgirl issue's discussion. Gail's run was getting kind of stagnate, and it was time for a shake up. Gail had a solid run though, but ya it was time.

And ill tell u, this looks pretty damn exciting. They say she’s had it with misery and darkness and wants a change, well honestly me too. I mean Batgirls life did start to get too miserable, it was one thing after another. I said this before, it was getting a bit ridiculous. So ya. Im excited by this. Plus I like the new digs. Like a lot. This seems like its gonna be stylized, and i like that.

Also their approach of standalone, single-issue stories, connected by a longer story-arc sounds rather refreshing. I really like the sound of that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-10-2014 at 04:17 PM.

It's an interesting look to say the least but she looks like she's younger than she should be. I'll check it out due to the lighter tone plus their mention of Veronica Mars as an influence.

And yes, Cass Cain had the best Batgirl series.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I guess this means we'll be seeing a Gail Simone written Birds of Prey featuring Batgirl, Black Canary, and Helena Wayne soon.

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    I don't care what happened before. The Stephanie Brown series is the gold standard for Batgirl.
    Actually, that would be Batgirl: Year One.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    All hail Mark Doyle.
    Yeah, this Mark Doyle guy is swinging for the fences. I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cape and Cowl View Post
    I'm head over heels for the new costume. It's arguably one of my favorite looks of DC's current heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    I really like the new design. Looking forward to Batgirl for the first time in a LONG time.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    This looks fantastic.

Mark Doyle, serious props, the Batbooks are looking the best they've been in a while.
    Agreed on all counts. This is how the Batgirl book should have been re-booted. While this is stylistically different, it's already making me think of "Batgirl Year One".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I guess this means we'll be seeing a Gail Simone written Birds of Prey featuring Batgirl, Black Canary, and Helena Wayne soon.
    Except that Helena Wayne is going back to Earth 2.

This is such a smart costume.
    I like how Stewart straight up was like "be realistic with the boobs!"

Custom User Title Here

As a huge Simone fan, this still looks promising.

This appears to be EXACTLY the kind of book so many loud voices were clamoring for with the introduction of the New 52: something us older fans can read with our kids, especially our daughters.

Ultimate Member

This is such a smart costume.

The only part of it that's iffy imo is the cowl. It doesn't appear to be attached to anything. The first time that she's punched, or that there's a reasonably strong breeze, it's going to fly off of her head. Other than that, it looks REALLY good.

BANNED

THANK GOD! Maybe now "Batgirl" will become readable again....

Oh thank god they shipped Marguerite Bennett over to earth 2, no offence but her Batgirl fill-ins are all boring.
    Last edited by napolid; 07-10-2014 at 07:28 AM.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    All of this sounds good. If they could just integrate Oracle's IT skills into New 52 Barbara, I'll be down for this.

I can't believe how promising the Batman line has become. Now we just need Tomasi off B&R.
    Babs should turn Oracle into a phone app like apples Siri. While it wouldn't be as sophisticated, i think turning "Oracle" into a phone app that Babs develops, that could do some of the rudimentary things, would be pretty cool. And trending with the times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Babs should turn Oracle into a phone app like apples Siri. While it wouldn't be as sophisticated, i think turning "Oracle" into a phone app that Babs develops, that could do some of the rudimentary things, would be pretty cool. And trending with the times.
    That's a superduper idea. I dig it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    How's Stewart's rap sheet? Does he got the chops for this?
    He's got more chops than a karate movie filmed in a sushi bar.

"We really wanted to make this a book with a light tone, of fun and adventure and mystery, and let the rest of the Bat-family deal with the darkness," Stewart told MTV. "She's got problems, and conflict, and enemies to fight, but our priority was to make this a really fun, rollicking read.
    Finally! Finally! The book Batgirl deserves.