Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Great news! I got the first 9 issues of Simone's run, because Babs Batgirl is one of my favorite characters, but I didn't like them. Tarr's art on Deviantart is great! I like that they're going for a lighter, funnier book. I haven't read anything by the new writing team. Are they considered to be good writers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Babs should turn Oracle into a phone app like apples Siri. While it wouldn't be as sophisticated, i think turning "Oracle" into a phone app that Babs develops, that could do some of the rudimentary things, would be pretty cool. And trending with the times.
    Yeah I like this idea, Oracle as a Big Data algorithm.

Amazing Member

Hipster batgirl, seems cool I'll definitely try it, I enjoyed the new take on dick grayson and am looking forward to the gritty crime catwoman. It's getting so the bat family are looking more exciting than the bat himself
    Books I'm reading: Batman Eternal, Red Hood, Black Widow, Elektra, Loki Agent of Asgard, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Catwoman.........

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    Second: Love the redesigned costume and the new artist seems to be pretty great from what I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    I really like the new design. Looking forward to Batgirl for the first time in a LONG time.
    I love it as well. It reminds me of Damian's, in that it's more like street clothes that were turned into a superhero suit. Damian had a normal pair of grey pants, a pair of boots with shoelaces and everything. I dont know, it's cuter, it's more fun, it's cooler even.

Now this Babs. This babs i will love and read.

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    I'm so sad right now. I really, really wanted that Cassandra Cain-starring Birds of Prey rumour to be true. I hate Barbara Gordon as Batgirl! She's great as Oracle, though.
    What makes you think that's not going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Babs should turn Oracle into a phone app like apples Siri. While it wouldn't be as sophisticated, i think turning "Oracle" into a phone app that Babs develops, that could do some of the rudimentary things, would be pretty cool. And trending with the times.
    God, that fits so $#&@ing well. Great idea!

Unfortunately, you saying it here means that it can probably never happen for the same reason writers don't like reading amateur scripts to avoid a potential "THAT WAS MY IDEA YOU STOLE IT" situation.

Like the Emma Peel-style costume, minus the clunky boots. Hopefully we'll see more costume redesigns that look less self-consciously Nu52.

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Great news! I got the first 9 issues of Simone's run, because Babs Batgirl is one of my favorite characters, but I didn't like them.
    And there were people in here that couldnt understand the simple concept that maybe someone likes Babs, but they didnt like Simone's book. No... you must like teh Cass or teh Steph.

No, the book was book was horrible regardless of who was under the cowl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    God, that fits so $#&@ing well. Great idea!

Unfortunately, you saying it here means that it can probably never happen for the same reason writers don't like reading amateur scripts to avoid a potential "THAT WAS MY IDEA YOU STOLE IT" situation.
    Godlike, delete your post!

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Hopefully not. A year or so ago, I was still of the belief that Gail's run on Batgirl was the one major blip on an otherwise superb resume. But then along came Gail's Red Sonja, which started genuinely well... and then quickly dropped off. And Tomb Raider, which was bad right from the start. I've just lost faith in Gail as a writer. It's as though she's stopped writing good stories and now only writes about idealised versions of characters that just aren't particularly fun. And fun is the very thing that Gail used to be so good at.

The idea of Gail writing for Kate, Steph or Cass... that's a genuinely scary prospect. Course, it would be ironic that with Fletcher/Stewart writing for her, Babs could actually become the character that Steph used to be. Swings and roundabouts, ain't it.

As for the new costume... I'm on the fence. I ain't sorry to see the back of the armoured look, but the leather jacket does come across like another case of the boobies-are-so-90's hipsterfication of some female comic-book characters lately. And it's not like Babs was exactly Power-Girl previously anyway (even when Benes was on art). That said, I'm loving the look of the art in general.
    About your Babs/steph comment; that's the impression I'm getting from this book, and I'm not sure it's the right direction for her.

Astonishing Member

I'm excited about this. It really does look like DC has been listening to fan reaction and actively trying to bring back tonal (and concept) variety to their line.

My only concern is that they'll try too hard to make their books "hip".

Ultimate Member

I also appreciate that, at least from those images, they've given her a more reasonable bust size. No inflato-boobs here, good for them.

I thought this was supposed to be bad :S that design looks awesome! Also love the fact they're doing away with the costume that shapes her boobs

fingers crossed that Supergirl is soon to follow

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Love the new costume and art, but it looks like she is being de-aged even further which I'm not cool with. If she's going back to school, we'd better see the return of those insane computer skills she had as Oracle.

Batgirl always should have been the lightest Bat-book, so looking forward to the new tone and following Gail to whatever project she's got lined up next.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

A Gotham book that doesn't look like complete garbage? Man, that's two in a row for DC. And this one actually has a chance of lasting more than a year before it gets turned into the same Nu52 mediocrity we've been seeing for the past three years.

Cameron Stewart and Babs Tarr are fantastic. I hope this book does well even though I'm not optimistic enough to expect it to.