Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    She was created for the show.

I was hoping you would address my earlier post. I don't wish to maintain any misunderstanding between us.
    Batgirl's creation was inspired by the TV show, but she appeared in comics first, so I consider her costume on the cover of 'Tec 359 to be her classic look. YMMV.

P.S. I'm not sure which earlier post you mean. I'll look back after I post this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    I know it's been a week, but I was really hoping to get a response to this. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. You CAN believe that:

A person with no income and extremely limited resources can create a suit of armor, bleeding edge communications & weapons technology, and customize a motorcycle (more like a Vespa than Ducati, after some digging). Keep in mind that she has no access to a forge, a Clean Room (nor the tools) for micro-technology construction/repair, etc.

But you CAN'T believe that:

This same person would wear currently trendy combat boots.
    My opinion is combat boots/Doc Martens are not Batgirl's style. I can accept her wearing that hodgepodge, slapped-togehter suit for a story or two, but it doesn't jibe for me overall. The fact is we DON'T KNOW how Batgirl got her current suit. All we know is there's "quite a story" there, like she told Dinah in Canary's first appearance in "Batgirl". It's entirely possible that Barbara stole the tech for the suit. Regardless, she has a few of those costumes, and it makes no sense that she'd wear going-to-the-mall clothing if even one of those suits still exists. If the suits are destroyed and she is too proud to ask Bruce for a new suit, I can see her wearing it, but it still would seem thin and forced to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mrrightnow View Post
    My opinion is combat boots/Doc Martens are not Batgirl's style. I can accept her wearing that hodgepodge, slapped-togehter suit for a story or two, but it doesn't jibe for me overall. The fact is we DON'T KNOW how Batgirl got her current suit. All we know is there's "quite a story" there, like she told Dinah in Canary's first appearance in "Batgirl". It's entirely possible that Barbara stole the tech for the suit. Regardless, she has a few of those costumes, and it makes no sense that she'd wear going-to-the-mall clothing if even one of those suits still exists. If the suits are destroyed and she is too proud to ask Bruce for a new suit, I can see her wearing it, but it still would seem thin and forced to me.
    Thank you, I really do appreciate your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I agree about the cowl it can just slip right off and then there goes her secret identity. Its very year one but actually her year one cowl was connected so she has gone backwards! Not liking this new costume.
    Yeah, we know. There isn't a single post to your name that doesn't revolve around you whining about it.

I'd bet an obscene amount of money that you and the other detractors have no issue suspending disbelief for plant ladies, acid bathed clowns, and telekinetic ventriloquists, but Batgirl fighting crime in a smaller cowl? A leather jacket?! DOCS!? #2reel4mebro

Honestly, I can't believe this is still a thing. It's been three weeks! Surely DC has f'd something more important up between then and now.
    Last edited by Kurisu; 07-30-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Looking forward to this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Yeah, we know. There isn't a single post to your name that doesn't revolve around you whining about it.

I'd bet an obscene amount of money that you and the other detractors have no issue suspending disbelief for plant ladies, acid bathed clowns, and telekinetic ventriloquists, but Batgirl fighting crime in a smaller cowl? A leather jacket?! DOCS!? #2reel4mebro

Honestly, I can't believe this is still a thing. It's been three weeks! Surely DC has f'd something more important up between then and now.
    Yeah, and the Robin's masks fly off all the time. They should all switch to wearing cowls, too.

Batgirl's mask is there to make her look like a Batman family member. Black Canary doesn't even disguise herself and her identity is fine. The only people who would recognize Barbara Gordon are her father and friends, who are all super heroes. She doesn't have much to disguise.

Leather Jackets are an ideal vigilante outfit. The entire purpose of a leather jacket is to protect the person inside of it. Combat boots are also designed for..ya know..combat. Even if they are painted yellow.