Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I'm surprised Selina is somewhat prominent in that spread and not Harley

Retired

I wonder if there's a way they can do a Batman prequel with Ben Affleck where they use movie magic to make him look ten years younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I wonder if there's a way they can do a Batman prequel with Ben Affleck where they use movie magic to make him look ten years younger.
    I think it's more likely that they recast. I wouldn't even be surprised if Matt Reeve's 'The Batman' features a different actor wearing the cowl. I do hope they cast someone who's in their early to mid 30s this time though.

I'm expecting a soft reboot after Justice League comes out anyway

BANNED

#NOTMYSUPERMAN...I knew this would come in handy sooner or later.

yeah..the first hero was their boy Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Why the heck would anyone want a Batman prequel?

What I want is a Lonely Place of Dying adaptation.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Reminds me of the old JL/JLU intros a lot
    Yeah that is the vibe I got as well. Almost thought the music was going to be playing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post

because everyone wants to see the death of his parents for the million time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If they would flip the script for anyone it would only be Wonder Woman considering the film's response. They definitely won't be building it around Batman though, not now. He's kinda a mess. They screwed up and painted themselves into a corner by making him so old.
    I think age is not an obstacle, now being boring AF that's a problem.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post

Which would be a prequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If they would flip the script for anyone it would only be Wonder Woman considering the film's response. They definitely won't be building it around Batman though, not now. He's kinda a mess. They screwed up and painted themselves into a corner by making him so old.
    I'm not entirely sure why Affleck's age matters. If you assume Batman started out at 20, that makes him 40 in the current DCEU. And let's be honest, all Affleck needs to do in the suit is stand around & talk; he doesn't do many of the stunts as-is anyway. Affleck could be 55 and portray a 40-something Batman just fine, as long as his face still looks good. It's the same thing with RDJ's Iron Man...these guys can play these characters quite a while because they aren't the ones doing the heavy lifting during action scenes.

If you mean Batman is a problem at 40, I also don't see the issue. Morrison's Batman was pretty close to that age & he showed no signs of slowing down. Batman being older is fine.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I'm not entirely sure why Affleck's age matters. If you assume Batman started out at 20, that makes him 40 in the current DCEU. And let's be honest, all Affleck needs to do in the suit is stand around & talk; he doesn't do many of the stunts as-is anyway. Affleck could be 55 and portray a 40-something Batman just fine, as long as his face still looks good. It's the same thing with RDJ's Iron Man...these guys can play these characters quite a while because they aren't the ones doing the heavy lifting during action scenes.

If you mean Batman is a problem at 40, I also don't see the issue. Morrison's Batman was pretty close to that age & he showed no signs of slowing down. Batman being older is fine.
    Good point. Hell, they had Christopher Lee in the Star Wars prequels and his character was fighting in lightsaber battles against multiple opponents. With CGI and stunt doubles, age doesn't matter much anymore.

Retired

I think the Atom is there on Superman's shoulder.