Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member Jon-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    484

    Default Superman in the New DC Movie Intro

    Went to see WW today. Might not be that big a deal but it made me happy to see Superman back center stage in the new DC movie intro.

    IMG_8350.jpg

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,258

    Default

    Reminds me of the old JL/JLU intros a lot

  3. #3
    BACK FROM THE BLEED Atomic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    589

    Default

    I thought those were the Snyderverse versions for a bit, then I realized they're the Rebirth versions. Interesting. I'd like to believe this indicates a "Rebirth" of the Snyderverse into a proper DC cinematic adaptation, but that ship has long sailed.

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    Went to see WW today. Might not be that big a deal but it made me happy to see Superman back center stage in the new DC movie intro.

    IMG_8350.jpg
    But.....but....what about Batman?!!! What will we tell Scott Snyder/Bruce Timm/Frank Miller?

  5. #5
    Mighty Member manduck37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    I thought this was a cool intro too. Superman is the first hero you see flipping by in the animation and then he's featured front and center in the group shot. I though this little opening to the Wonder Woman movie was a cool touch.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    But.....but....what about Batman?!!! What will we tell Scott Snyder/Bruce Timm/Frank Miller?
    The first hero who is featured in the intro is Batman.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

    DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

    I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    I thought those were the Snyderverse versions for a bit, then I realized they're the Rebirth versions. Interesting. I'd like to believe this indicates a "Rebirth" of the Snyderverse into a proper DC cinematic adaptation, but that ship has long sailed.
    Well, Aquaman has the Momoa hair so who knows

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,481

    Default

    Notice how Superman is the most standout figure in that image? Pretty sure WB has NOT changed their plans to build the DCEU around him.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  9. #9
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,965

    Default

    I just realized the four featured characters in the centre are the Super Friends (minus Robin, Wendy, Marvin, Wonder Dog, Jayna, Zan and Gleek).
    🇨🇦
    [Exit, pursued
    by a bear.

  10. #10
    BACK FROM THE BLEED Atomic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Notice how Superman is the most standout figure in that image? Pretty sure WB has NOT changed their plans to build the DCEU around him.
    They never planned to build the "DCEU" around Superman, because they've never made an actual Superman movie. Snyder and Goiter made a movie with their own deconstructed version of the character; this "NotSoSuperman" is the flimsy foundation upon which the Snyderverse is built.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member vasir12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    They never planned to build the "DCEU" around Superman, because they've never made an actual Superman movie. Snyder and Goiter made a movie with their own deconstructed version of the character; this "NotSoSuperman" is the flimsy foundation upon which the Snyderverse is built.
    You can say you don't like the version, but he is Superman.

  12. #12
    Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    You can say you don't like the version, but he is Superman.
    Exactly. And that version of him is dead and will likely come back in a form that most Superman fans will be comfortable with...hopefully.

  13. #13
    BACK FROM THE BLEED Atomic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    You can say you don't like the version, but he is Superman.
    I can say whatever I want to say, and what I specifically say is that he is NOT Superman. Goiter knew that making Jonathan Kent a fear-mongering coward was the way to deconstruct Superman. Once this was done, Goiter and Snyder were able to create a new character that may look somewhat like Superman and even share names, locations, and a few other similarities. He is, however, not Superman. He's something else, a pale imitation made in the image of two men who made clear their disdain and hatred of Superman from the first moment they took on the project.

  14. #14
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Notice how Superman is the most standout figure in that image? Pretty sure WB has NOT changed their plans to build the DCEU around him.
    If they would flip the script for anyone it would only be Wonder Woman considering the film's response. They definitely won't be building it around Batman though, not now. He's kinda a mess. They screwed up and painted themselves into a corner by making him so old.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "“Your boos mean nothing, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”

  15. #15
    Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If they would flip the script for anyone it would only be Wonder Woman considering the film's response. They definitely won't be building it around Batman though, not now. He's kinda a mess. They screwed up and painted themselves into a corner by making him so old.
    Yep, and it's not like the whole world could have seen that problem coming or anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •