Default very bads things vs hangover movies

when hangover movies became a huge hit at the box offices, i kept wondering, am i the only one that watched that christian slater 1998 flick?
    i mean ok, nobody noticed gladiator was a remake of the fall of the roman empire. but these movies where 35 years (guess) apart.
    i acutally liked VBT better than the hangover movies. what do you people think?

and... do you know other original movies that were forgotten and were turned into blockbusters (or moderate modern hits) with a remake?

edit
    VBT has ari gold
    Last edited by abulafia; 06-04-2017 at 07:49 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    when hangover movies became a huge hit at the box offices, i kept wondering, am i the only one that watched that christian slater 1998 flick?
    i mean ok, nobody noticed gladiator was a remake of the fall of the roman empire. but these movies where 35 years (guess) apart.

and... do you know other original movies that were forgotten and were turned into blockbusters (or moderate modern hits) with a remake?

edit
    VBT has ari gold
    Hangover didnt have a dead hooker or end with them all in wheel chairs.

If anything Id say the new scar jo movie is closer to very bad things than the hang overs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post

If anything Id say the new scar jo movie is closer to very bad things than the hang overs are.
    yeay, true. but the plot remains the same. group of men go to las vegas and everything goes to hell. HO is like the soft version of VBT. iŽd really like to know some of the production details. like "yea fun movie, but could we max it to the massmarket if we leave out dead prostitutes?"

what new scar jo movie?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post

That new ScarJo movie is just a female led version of VBT, just with more annoying characters. That movie is going to bomb so hard.

yeay, true. but the plot remains the same. group of men go to las vegas and everything goes to hell. HO is like the soft version of VBT. iŽd really like to know some of the production details. like "yea fun movie, but could we max it to the massmarket if we leave out dead prostitutes?"

what new scar jo movie?
    Rough night

Fantastic Member

Seriously? Other than a bunch of guys in a Las Vegas setting there is hardly anything similar about these movies in terms of plot. One is a silly comedy about a missing friend and one is a dark comedy filled with murder.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Seriously? Other than a bunch of guys in a Las Vegas setting there is hardly anything similar about these movies in terms of plot. One is a silly comedy about a missing friend and one is a dark comedy filled with murder.
    Also vbt has a horrible CGI ending where all of the characters but Cameron diaz have arms/legs amputated and she has to take care of them. The movie was good up until them and then it tanks

edit
    VBT has ari gold
    the first hangover is one of the funniest comedies of this millennia. I didn't even like VBT. but if we're talking about 2 and 3 you might have an arguement