Spectacular Member

Default Magneto Testament Review

Im a huge fan of World War 2, Maus is probably one of my favourite graphic novels of all time. I read Testament a few years ago but was more inclined to visit it with a more critical eye, especially as this often gets praised as one of the best xmen stories ever.

You can read my full thoughts on the book below.

Magneto Testament Review

What did you think of it?
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

BANNED

It was good, though I'm not sure it was needed after Classic X-Men #12. I guess people like their sob stories.

It showed us his metamorphosis from a sweet boy to a jaded young man who would later become the hateful, misguided oppressor. It showed us his iron will and his knack for survival. However, I think it failed to explain Magneto's extreme lack of self awareness that we see later in his life:

This has always bothered me. He's not wrong about humans and the potential extermination of mutants, but he seems to be making a distinction between humans and mutants, as if the former is somehow worse than the latter. I don't buy it. I mean, by Uncanny #200 there had been like a dozen 'evil' mutants -- Magneto chief among them -- who've slaughtered because of genetics, faith, and politics. I'm not sure where Erik got the idea that mutants are less fallible than humans. A great many of them are either self-righteous vigilantes or nutjob terrorists. Maybe Magneto needed his little delusions to justify his actions and to cope with his grief.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 06-05-2017 at 11:45 AM.