Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Some of DC Black Label on hold?

There's a bit at Bleeding Cool about 5G being on hold, as well as some Black Label titles, specifically saying
    I am now told that a few creators on DC's Black Label mature readers line and 5G projects have been told to cease production.
    I hope, hope, hope this doesn't include Dead Earth or Historia. Historia because, well, PJs Instagram drops make me salivate. Dead Earth because I've really liked it so far, but the sales of at least the first issue were not so great - it was #436 and sold a little more than 1,500 copies

However, this tea is 3 days old. Anyone have something fresher?

I believe there is some discussion on it in the DC Comics forum.

As far as I understood it, this only applies to some very few titles, and probably mainly 5G stuff where getting some more time to plan and digest in the post-DiDio era was deemed beneficial.

Dead Earth is obviously impacted due to the stop in distribution, but I doubt the prep work has changed in any way. What might happen is that some finished titles get released as trades first, and not as floppies. I doubt that will happen to Historia, but it might happen to Dead Earth or stuff like Harley Quinn & the Birds of Prey by Conner and Palmiotti.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Jimenez hasn't been updating his Instagram or Twitter with new art teases from Historia, so I'm getting a little worried about this.

We're getting a delay no matter what obvs, but "pulling the plug" hopefully doesn't mean we'll never see it. This is the only upcoming WW book I'm for sure looking forward to aside from maybe vol. 3 of Earth One.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Jimenez hasn't been updating his Instagram or Twitter with new art teases from Historia, so I'm getting a little worried about this.

We're getting a delay no matter what obvs, but "pulling the plug" hopefully doesn't mean we'll never see it. This is the only upcoming WW book I'm for sure looking forward to aside from maybe vol. 3 of Earth One.
    Yeah, hoping DC doesn't can it. This and vol 2 of GL: Earth One are the coming DC books I'm most interested in.

Actually it might not be on hold for long

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-w...ay-28th-april/

Kelly Sue herself has confirmed in a podcast that Historia is still going on. And that it will be 9 64-page issues. She's aiming for the full collected edition to be as big as From Hell.

She also said that they are tentatively hoping that they can get the first issue out to coincide with the release of WW84, though obv nothing solid. One more reason to be excited for that film's release!

She also mentioned something about "another artist," but stopped herself before eloborating. I wonder if that means Jimenez isn't drawing the whole thing?

https://soundcloud.com/bryant-crews/...-sue-deconnick

If it's that big, no wonder it's taking a long time to do the art on it. If I end up getting it all, it might be the biggest DC book I'll own that isn't an omnibus.

That's a monster project, and I'm surprised that DC didn't push for splitting it up into parts (similar to Stjepan Sejic's Harley Quinn books) for easier management and handling.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I guess Rucka's Diana's Daughter is cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    That's a monster project, and I'm surprised that DC didn't push for splitting it up into parts (similar to Stjepan Sejic's Harley Quinn books) for easier management and handling.
    That may be the case, she said it will three full length graphic novels and when it is all collected it will be the size of From Hell.

So maybe each three issues is one "book". She said stuff like "when she's finished" and Jimenez is turning in pages for issue #2. So they may be doing 1 set at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Any confirmation?

Not that I don't believe it unfortunately...

Any confirmation?

Not that I don't believe it unfortunately...
    No confirmation but we haven't heard anything about it in a long while.

No confirmation but we haven't heard anything about it in a long while.
    I think you're right, that does seem to be the case sadly.
    Although I'm hoping it's just like Historia and is in the works, just that there aren't any regular updates until it's ready for solicits.

I think Rucka's other series and creator-owned stuff have overtaken it.

Incredible Member

Kelly Sue herself has confirmed in a podcast that Historia is still going on. And that it will be 9 64-page issues. She's aiming for the full collected edition to be as big as From Hell.

She also said that they are tentatively hoping that they can get the first issue out to coincide with the release of WW84, though obv nothing solid. One more reason to be excited for that film's release!

She also mentioned something about "another artist," but stopped herself before eloborating. I wonder if that means Jimenez isn't drawing the whole thing?

https://soundcloud.com/bryant-crews/...-sue-deconnick
    Thank you for posting this! If anyone wants to listen only to the part related to Historia, it's between minute 19:09 & 21:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Thank you for posting this! If anyone wants to listen only to the part related to Historia, it's between minute 19:09 & 21:53.
    Any idea what the second artist might be about?