Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Professor Marston & The Wonder Women

Richard Alexander

Interesting. Wonder Woman's origin is one of those things that isn't quite as well-known as other heroes. It's also mired in a lot of hidden undertones, most of which have been retconned out of existence. But with the success of the Wonder Woman movie, I think it's worth revisiting some of those origins. The creation of Wonder Woman and the man behind her story is quite epic in its own right.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Interesting. Wonder Woman's origin is one of those things that isn't quite as well-known as other heroes. It's also mired in a lot of hidden undertones, most of which have been retconned out of existence. But with the success of the Wonder Woman movie, I think it's worth revisiting some of those origins. The creation of Wonder Woman and the man behind her story is quite epic in its own right.
    There's a stage play, LASSO OF TRUTH, that deals with some of this. It doesn't appear to be related, however (I mention this because an acquaintance of mine was in the Minnesota production).

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    There's a stage play, LASSO OF TRUTH, that deals with some of this. It doesn't appear to be related, however (I mention this because an acquaintance of mine was in the Minnesota production).
    There's a book by the same name that I'm waiting to read at my library. I wonder if they are related?!
    Superhero shows are trash

One if the women in Marston's life (I believe it to not be his wife but his secretary/lover), wore a thick (possibly silver) bracelet, which he used in Wonder Woman's concept design. You can see the evidence of it in the above pic of the woman in the blue dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    One if the women in Marston's life (I believe it to not be his wife but his secretary/lover), wore a thick (possibly silver) bracelet, which he used in Wonder Woman's concept design. You can see the evidence of it in the above pic of the woman in the blue dress.
    Yeah, it was his mistress (Olive Byrne) who was in a polyamorous relationship with Marston and his wife Elizabeth. The gauntlets were black and more leather.
    Superhero shows are trash

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post

This should be interesting.
    Now that's some effective hyping.

I got real interested in Marston's secret life after reading him as a character in an alternate timeline thread in Alternatehistory.com
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.