Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I want a legit Wasp solo, Nadia is good but Janet deserves one.

Other than that, everyone has gotten a well done run.

Kitty?

I have a feeling Ms. America Chavez has a bright future ahead of her.

-Pav, who could be wrong..
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Incredible Member

I actually would like to see Arachne for some reason. There hasn't been a female Superhero with a child and what the struggles of that would be. Instead of the kid having to hide their abilities from the parents..an angle about your child finding out you're a superhero could be fun. Arachne's powerset is pretty original as well and quite potent. I'd keep her in her Madame abilities including the blindness (with the telepathy helping her see) and use her abilities not tied to Spider-man anymore. Her newer abilities make her a Marvel heavy weight for sure that would do anthing to protect the future of her child and children everywhere.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    To build up stories that they can use in a future solo. Just jumping into a solo won't help as we saw with Storm. Wolverine was able to make the jump to solo in part because a few of the X-Men stories were about the mysteries of his past and the connection he had through out the MU. Build up the interest in the Guardians title and then spin it off into a solo.
    Yeah, it sure looks like Gamora is going to be getting a big spotlight in this book. So far she has been one of the highlights. Maybe some of this origin story secret we'll be exploring in All-New GOTG #3 will be worth exploring later down the line. http://www.avclub.com/article/all-ne...ins-exc-256177
    MARVEL - All-New Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men Gold, Thanos, Hawkeye (trade)
    DC - Doom Patrol, Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye, Shade the Changing Girl, Mother Panic, Bug!: The Adventures of Forager, Mister Miracle
    Non-Big Two - Forever waiting on another arc of The Umbrella Academy, I Hate Fairyland (trade)

Spectrum
    Jubilee
    Nico Minoru
    Mockingbird
    Wasp (Janet)
    Songbird
    White Tiger
    Anya Corazon

Ultimate Member

White Tiger (I like Ava, but Angela also has her fans) seems like a good fit for an eventual Netflix run.

I'd love a good Janet / Wasp push, but there's no real cinematic tie-in possible at the moment, since waiting for an Ant-Man script (that turned out not to have her anyway!) meant Joss couldn't use her in his Avengers treatment. She could come out of the 'quantum realm' young enough to function alongside Hope, but she's kind of surplus to the requirement in the MCU (as is Hank), since Hope (and Scott) is right there, wearing her clothes and eating her porridge and sleeping in her bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    She-Hulk has every reason in the world to get a really hard push.
    I agree. Loved Soule's run. Then she was set to star in a book just called "Hulk," and in my opinion the execution was botched badly.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Spectrum. I think she deserves a solo run.
    Monica has the backstory, being a former cop and she's gotten good development over the years. She's got a built in cast with her parents and a ready made villain in Blackout. Again, I think that they would have to build storylines around her in Ultimates that they could use later for a solo run.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There are characters mentioned here, like Enchantress, Songbird, and Janet Van Dyne who I feel like Marvel missed the boat on in terms of pushing given they're all great characters with iconic looks, strong personalities, and potential for widespread appeal if marketed and used effectively. But usually you'll be lucky to see them in a book, let alone be prominently focused on.

I would say Scarlet Witch as well if I didn't think the rights issues prevented her from being pushed on any major level compared to other characters. Same for Sue Storm and most X-women.

Mary Jane Watson is also an amazing and dynamic character and also probably the closest thing Marvel has to a Lois Lane in terms of being one of their most iconic love interests and supporting characters but she's never been someone Marvel's seem keen to aggressively promote. Though the upcoming variant month dedicated to her may see a shift on that front.

I think Ms. Marvel is definitely a success story in her own right as far Marvel being able to push a female character, with her success in the comics, video game appearances, and being part of the cast of the new Avengers cartoon.
    There were a couple of Mary Jane centric books ( about ten years ago?)...Terry Moore from "Strangers In Paradise" even did one. But it just seems like Marvel wasn't really behind it.

Invincible Member

I too agree that Spectrum could work as a solo star. But you need the right kind of writer for it. Someone who can do quasi/sci-fi or understands old school superheroics. The type of decompression you get in a lot titles these days just wouldn't work for the type of character Monica is.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I too agree that Spectrum could work as a solo star. But you need the right kind of writer for it. Someone who can do quasi/sci-fi or understands old school superheroics. The type of decompression you get in a lot titles these days just wouldn't work for the type of character Monica is.
    That and keeping Monica grounded and still being able to tell cosmic level stories.

Bluebird

I'd say being one of the leads on a fairly popular network drama with several video game appearances based on one of the most successful film franchises should qualify Daisy Johnson/Quake under this category.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    White Tiger (I like Ava, but Angela also has her fans) seems like a good fit for an eventual Netflix run.

I'd love a good Janet / Wasp push, but there's no real cinematic tie-in possible at the moment, since waiting for an Ant-Man script (that turned out not to have her anyway!) meant Joss couldn't use her in his Avengers treatment. She could come out of the 'quantum realm' young enough to function alongside Hope, but she's kind of surplus to the requirement in the MCU (as is Hank), since Hope (and Scott) is right there, wearing her clothes and eating her porridge and sleeping in her bed.
    Funny thing about Angela Del Torro- she was named dropped in season 1 of Jessica Jones.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Comics....

Elsa Bloodstone
    Spectrum
    Black Widow
    Electra
    Black Cat

Possible TV/Netflix series....
    Spellbinder - a powerful telekinetic whose powers are slowly driving her crazy
    Poison - a Cuban woman who gains superhuman alien abilities to save her life then
    Sliver Sable - international female spy
    Some of us wait, some of us act.