Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Who got the worst treatment in the Krakoa era?

Like it says. Which character in Krakoa got screwed over the most?

I'm going with Nature Girl.

Moira MacTaggert
    Nature Girl
    Karima Shapandar
    Rockslide
    Danger
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Moira MacTaggert
    Nature Girl
    Karima Shapandar
    Rockslide
    Danger
    Isn't there someone you're missing?

Beast
    Last edited by Mungho; 04-20-2024 at 06:17 PM. Reason: 'Beast' looked nicer in italics
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Like it says. Which character in Krakoa got screwed over the most?

I'm going with Nature Girl.
    Worst part is that not o ly did she get screwed over but based on Heir of Apocalypse, they’re keeping her screwed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Isn't there someone you're missing?

Beast
    Beast is probably the Runner-Up, behind Moira. Rockslide had a reason behind the change - although it hasn't been explored nearly enough, and Karima and Danger haven't had nearly as big of a shift as Hank has had, even with where Hank has fallen to before Krakoa. While he had become darker and hypocritical in same ways, X-Force basically reduced his reasoning to "For the Evulz". And in a mainstream release, as opposed to something I would not even be aware of without seeing fan reviews.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Beast is probably the Runner-Up, behind Moira. Rockslide had a reason behind the change - although it hasn't been explored nearly enough, and Karima and Danger haven't had nearly as big of a shift as Hank has had, even with where Hank has fallen to before Krakoa. While he had become darker and hypocritical in same ways, X-Force basically reduced his reasoning to "For the Evulz". And in a mainstream release, as opposed to something I would not even be aware of without seeing fan reviews.
    I kept going back-and-forth between whether Beast and Moira have had it worse, but I think Beast narrows out Moira. At least there was implications that Moira had been driven insane by her several lives. But for Beast Percy just had him gleefully driving head-first into evil with as much depth as a mustache-twirling villain, with only vague hints that something else was going, hints that were never followed up on. As well as having several of his friends tell him how much they hate him, failing at everything he did, and being constantly humiliated. And then Percy says Beast may have always been evil from the very beginning, only to suddenly change course by bringing in a clone with old memories.

Moira also never had an INCREDIBLY deranged plan to send her mind back and forth through time in order to encompass time and destroy the universe to become a god, something Beast tried in that awful, awful filler story last year.

Rockslide never turned evil, and I think they're just going to have him show up like how he once was with no explanation.
    Last edited by Mungho; 04-20-2024 at 06:30 PM.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Beast. That's not even a question.

Amazing Member

Beast then Cyclops

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Krakoa was a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Beast then Cyclops
    I might feel it more because he's my favorite, but I don't think Cyclops cracks into the top 10 for mistreatment in the Krakoa era. Just another reason why I can't be sad that it's going to be gone.

Points to Krakoa for trying something new. Double that in points deducted for requiring everyone to be written so OOC in order to make it work.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Amazing Member

I might feel it more because he's my favorite, but I don't think Cyclops cracks into the top 10 for mistreatment in the Krakoa era. Just another reason why I can't be sad that it's going to be gone.

Points to Krakoa for trying something new. Double that in points deducted for requiring everyone to be written so OOC in order to make it work.
    Cyclops is my favorite as well so maybe I'm a bit biased but he used to be mutantkind's leader and basically the main character of the X-Men, he went through one of the greatest character arcs in Marvel comics surpassing both Xavier and Magneto as a leader of mutantkind, and the first thing Hickman did was regress his character shitting on all those years of character development and making him pretty much irrelevant and useless this whole era. Sure, most of the time he's just written ridiculously bland and is not kicking puppies or something but I feel like Scott should rank high because of his importance to the franchise.

I feel like Krakoa was to Scott what OMD/BND was to Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Cyclops is my favorite as well so maybe I'm a bit biased but he used to be mutantkind's leader and basically the main character of the X-Men, he went through one of the greatest character arcs in Marvel comics surpassing both Xavier and Magneto as a leader of mutantkind, and the first thing Hickman did was regress his character shitting on all those years of character development and making him pretty much irrelevant and useless this whole era. Sure, most of the time he's just written ridiculously bland and is not kicking puppies or something but I feel like Scott should rank high because of his importance to the franchise.

I feel like Krakoa was to Scott what OMD/BND was to Peter Parker.
    Most of this stuff had happened before Krakoa though.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

Most of this stuff had happened before Krakoa though.
    Banshee. Skinned alive to make a meat suit By is former gf. Bonded to a spirit and under control of Mother Righteous. Then sorta forgot about even though the love of his life was Moria.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

MORIA Mctaggert by a landslide. She is forever ruined
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    MORIA Mctaggert by a landslide. She is forever ruined
    The Dwarves delved too deep and too greedily.