Page 826 of 1471 FirstFirst ... 3267267768168228238248258268278288298308368769261326 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,390 of 22054
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spit and Syntax View Post
    The new Adam Curtis documentary series ‘Can’t get you out of my head’ paints a very good picture of this classist British psyche - one that has structured its moral goodness or properness off the backs of Empire, and now that it has crumbled, have become a stereotype of themselves.

I’m an Australian living in London and have also lived in the US, and can thoroughly say that the UK has one of the strangest psyches I’ve come across, especially when compared to a foreigners expectations of what Britishness is due to their soft power narrative production. The UK is a scared and reserved country with old money of the centuries and new money in the southern Thatcherite boom which both work towards suffocating any working class solidarity. This is an X-Men forum, so I’ll leave it brief. But anyone who has ever been penniless in the UK can probably relate to this countries incongruity with how we perceive it’s media presentation.
    I really appreciate your view on this, it's great to see a, kind of, outside view of what is happening in the UK right now. I think what a lot of the British public are blind to is that the right wing run press almost completely calls the shots. They're busy telling us all who we should hate, and who also hates those people. Currently it's foreign people, and they've managed that really successfully whilst making the working people believe that hugely wealthy establishment individuals like Johnson and Farage are on the side of working people.

In a world without the Avengers, the Squadron Supreme protects and defends the interests of America! But where does that leave a country like Canada? The Great White North is now a wasteland. Their forests are scorched. Their provinces annexed. Their people barely surviving. Who will stand up and protect them from the supremacy of the Squadron? Weapon X and Final Flight, that’s who!
    HEROES REBORN: WEAPON X & FINAL FLIGHT #1

Written by ED BRISSON
    Art by ROLAND BOSCHI
    Cover BY TONY DANIEL
    Release Date June 2021

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    The X-Men and related groups have spent most of their years fighting 'oppression' from a mansion and assorted private islands, don't expect things to change now.
    What they've been mainly fighting against were (often one dimensional) villains and criminals (normal human or empowered), cosmic aliens, monsters, demons, sorcerers, killer robots, extra dimensional beings, etc.

The whole social commentary was always secondary element to spice up the characters or stories. But their main activity was fighting the same kind of enemies that various super heros were fighting against and traditionaly most super hero teams do so from an elaborate base, for which a mansion or otherwise fancy building is a good cover.

The Avengers had their mansion, the Fantastic Four have the Baxter Building and the X-men had the school.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

In a world without the Avengers, the Squadron Supreme protects and defends the interests of America! But where does that leave a country like Canada? The Great White North is now a wasteland. Their forests are scorched. Their provinces annexed. Their people barely surviving. Who will stand up and protect them from the supremacy of the Squadron? Weapon X and Final Flight, that’s who!

Written by ED BRISSON
    Art by ROLAND BOSCHI
    Cover BY TONY DANIEL
    Release Date June 2021
    Guessing the cast, Logan, Sasquatch, Shaman as Sorcerer Supreme, Windshear or Box? Aurora?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I love all those plugs in Logan's body, freaky!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Written by ED BRISSON
    Art by ROLAND BOSCHI
    Cover BY TONY DANIEL
    Release Date June 2021
    Getting a strong "Walking Dead" feel from this
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I’m digging it. It’s the only Heroes Reborn Redux book that I’m currently interested in enough to check out. Even Ed McGuinness art (which I love) doesn’t entice me enough to buy the main series.

The bad thing is ROLAND BOSCHI drawing it, but maybe it will be good enough. Let's see.

So blessed that sabretooth's first appearance (in spite of which is actually an AU version) since the ravencroft series doesn't belong to Brisson lol.

He wasted sabretooth from old man loagan's reality as a literally rubbish bag.

I didn't care for Brisson's last turn with Alpha Flight, so I'll give this a miss.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    The bad thing is ROLAND BOSCHI drawing it, but maybe it will be good enough. Let's see.
    I was duped by Daniels' cover; I would love to see him on a X-Book

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    So blessed that sabretooth's first appearance (in spite of which is actually an AU version) since the ravencroft series doesn't belong to Brisson lol.

He wasted sabretooth from old man logan's reality as a literally rubbish bag.
    Brisson did better in Iron Fist. That, tied with the Soska Sister's version of him in Black Widow were the last good (no pun intended) written versions of him where he seemed badass and wasn't a brainless idiot.

Best to keep expectations low for whatever (jobbing) he's gonna do in Siege Society.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-02-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I was duped by Daniels' cover; I would love to see him on a X-Book
    Same. Maybe when they relaunch Cable and bring the adult version back? He’d be a good fit for that IMO, as he drew some of my favorite X-Force issues back in the day.

Astonishing Member

20210303_113326.jpg

Who had Mariko geting a story ?
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 03-03-2021 at 09:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    20210303_113326.jpg

Who had Mariko geting a story ?
    More surprisingly it ties up with Black Widow.... who is not Japanese
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-03-2021 at 09:45 AM.