Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Warren Worthington: (Arch)Angel Appreciation 2024

Happy new year, (Arch)Angel fans! Here is our new thread. Have some fun with it.

Depending on where you get your information from Warren Worthington is 6 feet tall and weighs 150(?!) pounds.

His first appearance is X-Men #1 in July 1963 - One of the original X-Men, baby!

Archangels major enemies are Apocalypse and Cameron Hodge. Other enemies are the Marauders and the Ravens

(Arch)Angel has been a member of the X-Men, Champions, Defenders, X-Factor, Four Horseman(the best team lineup!), Renegades, X-Force, and X-Corp.

Archangel was last seen in Dark X-Men. He was either killed in issue#1 by Albert, or issue #3 by Gambit. When he died is ambiguous and unexplained.

Hopefully Archangel returns to life soon so that we can have fun with this thread!
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-01-2024 at 04:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Hope for a return and better used in 2024
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

Happy New Year to all fellow Warrenatics out there! I just wanted to start the year off with a positive things to come for Archangel and wish that some good writers pick him up and put him to good use with a superb storylines with awesome action and drama for our high flying adventurer.
    Peerless and Fearless

Happy New Year to Warren and his fans !

Hopefully he comes back soon in the post-FoX era.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsarchamp View Post
    Happy New Year to all fellow Warrenatics out there! I just wanted to start the year off with a positive things to come for Archangel and wish that some good writers pick him up and put him to good use with a superb storylines with awesome action and drama for our high flying adventurer.
    I'd like for those good writers to be writers that actually like the character and have some new ideas for him.
    X-Corp was an attempt to give Archangel something new, it just didn't work. So something else new.
    That or a return to X-Force, which is probably his best bet at getting some good stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Depending on where you get your information from Warren Worthington is 6 feet tall and weighs 150(?!) pounds.
    Those hollow bones are there for a reason, to make him lighter! He must win every year the contest for most in shape X-Men. *wink wink*

Let's all hope for a 2024 good year for Warren!
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Those hollow bones are there for a reason, to make him lighter! He must win every year the contest for most in shape X-Men. *wink wink*

Yeah, it's actually a mutant power to weigh less than is normal for a man his height and build

Hoping 2024 will be Awesome for The Angel of Death, Archangel (XD)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

I'm going to use the focused totality of my hopes and dreams to will Warren into having some good stories and appearances in 2024. Think of his current status as a vacation, and when he comes back it'll be for something great.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

I'd like for those good writers to be writers that actually like the character and have some new ideas for him.
    X-Corp was an attempt to give Archangel something new, it just didn't work. So something else new.
    That or a return to X-Force, which is probably his best bet at getting some good stories.
    You said it, man! Like the old Kyle, Yost and Remender days. Badass actions and good drama moments.
    Peerless and Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I'm going to use the focused totality of my hopes and dreams to will Warren into having some good stories and appearances in 2024. Think of his current status as a vacation, and when he comes back it'll be for something great.
    Ah, so you are suggesting that the current location of Warren's corpse is so that he can enjoy a nice scuba diving vacation? It may take something truly great to make him give up a beach vacation.

Keep on hoping, Til. The rest of us are counting on you to use the focused totality of your hopes and dreams to force Archangel from his seaside nap and into some cool stories.

But to be serious it is nice to see you staying positive Til.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsarchamp View Post
    You said it, man! Like the old Kyle, Yost and Remender days. Badass actions and good drama moments.
    Ya, buddy!!

Happy New Year to Warren and all his fans! Here's to a better 2024!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, it's actually a mutant power to weigh less than is normal for a man his height and build
    I forgot to ask this earlier. Warren is usually drawn as very muscular, even by comic book standards. Has there ever been an explanation given as to how he can be that big and still weigh 150 pounds? And I know that this is comics, but has there ever been an explanation given as to how his hollow bones don't shatter every time he gets hit?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's like being handsome. It's part of his mutant powers!
    If you ask him (and me), he got the mutant jackpot: handsome, flies, and he can stress-eat or live on junk-food 24/7 without fearing to build up weight. He doesn't have to go to the gym to stay in shape either.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    This should become a signature! It's brilliant. I laughed for a solid minute.

Ah, so you are suggesting that the current location of Warren's corpse is so that he can enjoy a nice scuba diving vacation? It may take something truly great to make him give up a beach vacation.
    He's alive and enjoying himself, but nobody knows it because the baddies think he's dead so they don't search for him. Win/win.

I forgot to ask this earlier. Warren is usually drawn as very muscular, even by comic book standards. Has there ever been an explanation given as to how he can be that big and still weigh 150 pounds? And I know that this is comics, but has there ever been an explanation given as to how his hollow bones don't shatter every time he gets hit?
    Not, as far as I can remember. I think he's that light because the bones weight less. Plus, his body doesn't accumulate fat, so he's all "muscle fibres"?
    Nothing about the bones either. Let's all pretend physics don't apply with him.
    But I don't see him "very muscular, even by comic book standards". He's usually built like Scott (and, often Bobby in ice-form). It depends on the ear/artist. During the last 90s (Larocca?) everyone was a body-builder minus Charles. During Mutantopia Warren was healthy-man-who-hits-the-gym standards, for example. In some Uncanny X-Force (during DAS?) he was very lean, so far that his costume was a bit baggy.

Speaking of, the canon width span of his wings is actually too small. Putting aside the actual physics of how a human-shaped body could fly (there's something about proper muscles that a human misses, or that would be bigger than your usual wrestler/body-builder would have), he would need a lot bigger wings to lift himself.

(Now that I think about it, the whole "he doesn't have fat" is treated as canon fact, but I don't recall where it was ever said this. Same for his hollow bones. Or just most of his physical traits/stats/uniqueness)
    Last edited by Hakka84; 01-02-2024 at 05:47 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

X-Men and Spider-Man

This mini has very good art, IMHO. It follows four generations/eras of the X-Men. It's a good reading, IMHO. Warren doesn't have much to do but he has is moments.
    (he's in issue #1 and #3)