Thats kind of a bummer that the Sabretooth Wars is going to Percy when La Valle carried the first two arcs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Why does hyper-sexualized art keep you interested in comics?
    Do you really, really want the answer to that?

Basically, for instance as an example, people joke about writers/readers having a crush on Kitty because there is a kernel of truth to that kind of thing lmao

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

I think having the Sabretooth War play out in Wolverine's book makes total sense... it's weird these 2 have barely interacted in the whole of the Krakoa era.

Regarding X-Force, I confess I had to double check the issues that volume was collecting because the description sounds pretty much like the just-concluded arc. It's a bit weird though to have a TPB collecting only 3 issues so I'm not entirely sure how accurate it is, unless X-Force #50 is a Gala-sized issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Basically, for instance as an example, people joke about writers/readers having a crush on Kitty because there is a kernel of truth to that kind of thing lmao
    Yeah but that’s gross, we are talking about fictional characters here.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

Is that machine man sage or jubliee on the left ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Is that machine man sage or jubliee on the left ?
    LOL I think it's most likely to be Sage, who was apparently not content with stealing Jubilee's trench that she had to steal her glasses too.

So that X-Force cover looks like Logan is leading X-Force out of whatever prison Orchis is holding them in? With Stark Sentinels in hot pursuit? But it mentions the never-ending Beast plot in the solicit so who knows.

The Sabretooth War sounds cool and right up my alley. Wonder who’s illustrating it?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So that X-Force cover looks like Logan is leading X-Force out of whatever prison Orchis is holding them in? With Stark Sentinels in hot pursuit? But it mentions the never-ending Beast plot in the solicit so who knows.

The Sabretooth War sounds cool and right up my alley. Wonder who’s illustrating it?
    Juan José Ryp has been drawing Wolverine pretty consistently lately so I would hope it's still him because he's been doing an amazing job.

I also really like Daniel Acuña's covers for X-Force, it would be a treat if he was doing interiors as well.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I wonder if Lavalle will finish his trilogy
    Apparently not in the foreseeable future...which is very disappointing and a little heartbreaking.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Juan José Ryp has been drawing Wolverine pretty consistently lately so I would hope it's still him because he's been doing an amazing job.
    I’m thinking he’s going to need a break at some point. Plus that bishop66 poster said this big Sabretooth storyline was coming awhile back, and he mentioned a high profile artist working on it. My thought at the time was Greg Capullo, who’s back at Marvel doing some covers.

I also really like Daniel Acuña's covers for X-Force, it would be a treat if he was doing interiors as well.
    Same. He’s great.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think having the Sabretooth War play out in Wolverine's book makes total sense... it's weird these 2 have barely interacted in the whole of the Krakoa era.

Regarding X-Force, I confess I had to double check the issues that volume was collecting because the description sounds pretty much like the just-concluded arc. It's a bit weird though to have a TPB collecting only 3 issues so I'm not entirely sure how accurate it is, unless X-Force #50 is a Gala-sized issue.
    Honestly the feud is kinda played out, and so one-sided in Wolverine's favor the past 2 decades, it's hardy too investing. Like Team Rocket in Pokemon. Nothing new ever happens & we already know the loser ahead of time.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Yep. A Rabbit hole indeed.

The entire film Cool World deals with this. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Honestly the feud is kinda played out, and so one-sided in Wolverine's favor the past 2 decades, it's hardy too investing. Like Team Rocket in Pokemon. Nothing new ever happens & we already know the loser ahead of time.
    I tend to agree. I’m much more interested in seeing them as begrudging teammates than enemies at this stage. The one thing I think the FOX films did better than the comics was establish their connection as half brothers. It was simple, and thus their rivalry made sense. But I also loved the whole montage in the beginning of X-men Origins: Wolverine, and seeing them fighting together as allies. After that you might as well turn the film off, but that part I’ve always loved. I think it’s why I’m such a sucker for Team X flashbacks. Love that period of Logan and Creed’s lives!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Apparently not in the foreseeable future...which is very disappointing and a little heartbreaking.
    I wonder if Lavalle's off it and this arc folded in some of his ideas?

Wasn't volume 2 announced relatively soon after volume 1 ended?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Oh wow if they took his third act and gave it to Percy of all people they're really racist assholes.
    LaValle and Percy are good friends and Percy connected LaValle with the X-office to do this story in the first place. I would be surprised if whatever decision was made here was not with LaValle’s input. I’ve seen some people say LaValle is super busy with his book work so that might be why, but I also wouldn’t be surprised at all if when we get actual solicits LaValle cowrites this or has a companion mini to it.