Page 976 of 1443 FirstFirst ... 47687692696697297397497597697797897998098610261076 ... LastLast
Results 14,626 to 14,640 of 21640

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm siting here trying to remember if they ever interact in the past.
    Probably in the period when she's pregnant, I think they're around to the mansion,maybe off panel of course.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm very excited to see some sorcery and magic in the mix. Those are always fun and interesting when on full display.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Ugh… I love Maddie and Illyana but I was planning on dropping NM because I don’t care for the writer…. Decisions decisions...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's crazy to think that Illyana and Madelyn have never interacted before.
    I thought they did in the second Inferno but that was an AU.

Maddie and Yana shared a cover in the second series.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

They interacted a lot in it too but it was another universe.

Magik was stronger there. Maddy needed the help of the main cast to beat her.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Most likely the solicit means that she's the sorcerer supreme of Limbo, which she always has been. But it's unclear enough that it could be an accidental spoiler. I don't think Marvel should have it both ways by making her sorcerer supreme and keeping her a captain on Krakoa, but just because they're doing something big doesn't mean they're doing it right.
    I agree with you, I'm quite sure that the solicit means that Illyana is the Sorcerer Supreme of Limbo and the Ruler of Limbo.
    Illyana was referred to as the 'Sorcerer Supreme of Limbo' as recently as The Death of Doctor Strange 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The list of characters qualified to take over is pretty short to begin with - and how many of those are currently dead? If she is the heir, she did have the benefit of being both qualified and alive.
    I think that the problem with having characters like Magik, Scarlet Witch, Wiccan, Loki, Doctor Doom or Nico Minoru becoming Sorcerer Supreme (in a semi-permanent way, not just for an arc or two) is that they are all too entrenched within their own respective franchises (X-Men / Avengers / GOTG / Thor / Fantastic Four / Runaways) to also be able to serve the Doctor Strange franchise. There will always be a push and pull between what the home franchise writers want to do and what the Doctor Strange writers want to do that will put both franchises at a disadvantage.

The only people I can actually see being Sorcerer Supreme of Reality-616 in a permanent way is Stephen Strange himself - or someone from the actual cast of his books (Clea, Brother Voodoo, Wong, one of the Strange Academy students, ...).

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What would be the point? M-Day as a plotline has already been resolved with Dani being the last major character to get her powers back (Wind Dancer, if you want to count someone a bit less significant)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Her undoing M-Day would be the best, but depowering her after she has gotten more mainstream than ever as a super powerful character whose powers are essential to her story is ridiculous. And the "permanently" part is obviously not a thing that would actually happen in Marvel lol.
    Te purpose would that she would be making a sacrifice, and eliminating the threat she poses.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Te purpose would that she would be making a sacrifice, and eliminating the threat she poses.
    The problem there is that when the writers decide someone needs to be a threat, the powers and abilities of whomever they choose get ramped up to match. Once a character becomes a threat for more than an alternate universe story, someone like Wing would get real power, and the intellect of the classic Hulk becomes the Maestro.

Basically, you can't eliminate any threat because of the rules of the genre. Outside of making that character a hero again (for as long as that lasts).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    awesome cover - I just hope Maddie isn't just in a few issues - I'm really excited to see her again

That is rather beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    awesome cover - I just hope Maddie isn't just in a few issues - I'm really excited to see her again
    "Which..." Maddie that bring back should be interesting.

Wow. Gorgeous.

Madelyne is just such a good villain for the X-Men. I really hope someone will really start developing her further and give her some motivation beyond disgruntled ex-wife in the months to come. Maybe let her move to Arrako and become part of the Arakki government.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "Which..." Maddie that bring back should be interesting.
    Isn't Hopeless' Valley Girl Maddie from Secret Wars still running around somewhere?