Page 1443 of 1443 FirstFirst ... 44394313431393143314391440144114421443
Results 21,631 to 21,640 of 21640

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread, but why does Idie look older than Cyclops, and why does Quentin look 13?
    I think the oversized visor creates the unconscious impression on the reader that Scott has the oversized eyes associated with youth in a lot of animation. Combine that with his slimmer body style, which is another thing associated with younger characters, and outside of giving gray sideburns there might not be anything that CAN be done to not have him look like a teenager.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; Yesterday at 02:59 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think the oversized visor creates the unconscious impression on the reader that Scott has the oversized eyes associated with youth in a lot of animation.
    I dont think its primarily the visors. The main complaint that ive seen here is that his build is small, giving off the impression of a teenager. He's definitel slimmer and not as muscular as he has been drawn in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think its primarily the visors. The main complaint that ive seen here is that his build is small, giving off the impression of a teenager. He's definitel slimmer and not as muscular as he has been drawn in recent years
    You caught me as I was editing to also mention the build. It's the combo that really sells it, IMO.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thanks. I was wondering why thsi art looks familiar nad it just hit me that he seems HEAVILY influenced by Art Adams with a splash of Nick Bradshaw
    1000%. I mean look at those Kwannon, Illyana, Scott... Stegman is clearly from the Art Adams school, same as Jim Lee, J. Scott Campbell, Rob Liefeld and so many others. He is the Master and they are his disciples.

X-Men Heir of Apocalypse

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Nice. Glad to see Cable showing up somewhere. Wondering where he'll end up in the new era. Probably X-Force, as some have speculated, but perhaps not if it's a Mystique led book. Or if it features Deadpool & Wolverine (Logan) for movie synergy, as Nathan and Logan have never been able to share an X-Force squad... though I suppose there's a first time for everything.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Ryan Stegman posted these since the panels were shown in the trailer.

These panels are beautiful! Ryan Stegman is giving us the best of the 90's aesthetic. The figures are a bit cartoonish, but not enough to take away the vibe of the book. And all those fine lines and details definitely call back to the King, Art Adams. Marte Gracia always kills it on the colors. This guy really understands color theory and how to use warm and cool colors to make an image pop. The pinks and purples of Quinten and Psylocke are going to make the color palette of this book sublime.

But the unsung hero is JP Mayer. The inks are immaculate. Stegman understands where to use shadow and where to apply blacks (color, not people) in his pencils. Look at the use of black in all those panels. It creates depth and makes the vibrant colors stand out. Pepe Larraz ruled the Krakoan era but I'm so happy Stegman, Mayer and Gracia are giving us something different, but just as powerful. I'm excited!
    Mutant and Proud!

I think Stegman needs to square off Cyclops Jaw a bit...it's too slim and round IMO. Also, it could be that this is the first time in a while we are seeing him without some form of "headsock", covering the sides of his jawline.

I wish Kwannon looked more "Asian", and that Quentin didn't have a RiRi Williams haircut, but I guess it's just Stegman's style in this case. It's like if Bachalo, Madureira, and Art Adams were hybridized by Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think the oversized visor creates the unconscious impression on the reader that Scott has the oversized eyes associated with youth in a lot of animation. Combine that with his slimmer body style, which is another thing associated with younger characters, and outside of giving gray sideburns there might not be anything that CAN be done to not have him look like a teenager.
    Yeah, watching the drawingsI think you're right. Less because of the "big eyes", more because it throws of the proportions and makes his head look smaller.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Dont think I can take that art serious. It looks like a kids book. And Idie looks like she is the oldest of them all. She is the only one looking like a grownup.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================