Page 456 of 1455 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506556956 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 21811

Geico cat's been through some ****, huh?

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    They're probably babysitting the new young mutants and they're pissed at them having all the fun in Sh'iar space.
    It looks like Boom Boom is the one babysitting.

Poor M is taking care of her sisters, who seem to have all of her powers including the Penance form.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Rod Reis' art is so lovely!

Not looking forward to the "welcoming squad" plot or whatever that is though.

Didn't expect to see Murd Blurdock and Bojack Horseman on a New Mutants cover.
    What a time to be alive!
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Magik's thighs are safe, Maestroneto.
    Ok ive never really been much of a fan of the New Mutants always kind of saw them as cheap knock-offs of the other X-Men you know besides Magik but I gotta say the artwork and Hickman are really doing it for me lol I love the sense of camaraderie that they have with each other.

Also it's good to see that Hickman still on the title 7 issues in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ok ive never really been much of a fan of the New Mutants always kind of saw them as cheap knock-offs of the other X-Men

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Dani and Sam kinda are Storm and Cyclops copies if you squint just at the right angle. Which is why them dating was so wronnnnnng.

I needed to know that Cannonball outfit includes some heels or platform shoes or anything. Just say they have jet propulsors or whatever I dont care but heels will make this entire look pop.

I dont feel the OG NM are anything like the mainstream X-men. Claremont did a good job of introducing a bunch of unique teens that didnt read like the characters that came before them. Even their storylines were rather unique

BANNED

They dont read the same and stories took them on vastly different paths but they fill the same archetype. Straight as an arrow, insecure, daddy issues riddled leader, fierce, spiritual, "exotic" (ughh such an ugly word) (Clare)mazon with an indomitable will who ended up outleading the leader.

Sam wasnt written with daddy issues and the only thing I can kind of agree on is the leader aspect which is very basic. Sam showed alot more personality and vulnerability and was less defined by being a leader than Scott. The Storm/Dani one fits more, but really there were like 9 NMs and having 1 be like an X-man isnt enough for me to dismiss them as knockoffs

BANNED

yes to daddy issues. It was a big part of his character, his relationship with Cable mirrors Cyclops with Xavier and just like Scott it was to fill the void left by his dad dying prematurely. I remember Psi War adressing it among other stories. Cannonball and Cyclops is actually more remarkable than Storm/Dani because theyre two claremazons in an ocean of similar strong women with indomitable will. Sam and Scott type isnt shared by many other characters in the X-Men (but I guess a lot more in other franchises).

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    yes to daddy issues. It was a big part of his character, his relationship with Cable mirrors Cyclops with Xavier and just like Scott it was to fill the void left by his dad dying prematurely. I remember Psi War adressing it among other stories. Cannonball and Cyclops is actually more remarkable than Storm/Dani because theyre two claremazons in an ocean of similar strong women with indomitable will. Sam and Scott type isnt shared by many other characters in the X-Men (but I guess a lot more in other franchises).
    The Cable mentorship happens way later, long after Claremont departs. Daddy issues were not a part of his characterization as he was created

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Magik's thighs are safe, Maestroneto.
    This is so cool. I love how funky it is, like it's fun loving but just quirky, each character has little touches setting them apart

Really well done
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Duggan tweeted this image out. Not sure what book it is from.

Yes please!!

I don't dare hoping for a Magik solo.

Maybe a return of the A+X short stories?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way