Page 733 of 1455 FirstFirst ... 2336336837237297307317327337347357367377437838331233 ... LastLast
Results 10,981 to 10,995 of 21811

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Because Logan is a proven seller and has been for a few decades, of course Marvel is gonna showcase arguably their 2nd most popular character more than most. What has Illyana done other than star in probably the worst comic book film ever made to deserve such a push? If anything, Storm should be getting her spotlight, who no matter how far she's been downplayed, she's still the 2nd most popular X-Man after Wolverine.
    Ilyana is only "pushed" on the x-men tittles, probably because the creators involved like her. Why Storm isn't pushed? Probably because Marvel notice that when she guest stars in a comic the sales don't rise, Logan is pushed because most likely the comics he is in get more sales. Simple.

I believe that aside from Wolverine, most X-Men characters would sell more or less the same on a solo, so the main factor on what character gets a solo is more about editorial and the right pitch.

Cyclops is my favorite character on Marvel, and I'm sure his solo would sell as well as Cable's or any other X-Men not called Wolverine, he have a rich and long history with connections to almost any x-villain, actually Sinister is more tied to Cyclops than to any other X-Men.
    But Cyclops don't get a solo, if you ask me why, is probably because the x-office sees him more as a team character than a solo player, the same is true to most x-characters, so unless some creator comes with some good pitch for a Cyclops solo comic, he probably isn't getting one.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 10-15-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Upcoming X-books art thread seems a little short on art these days. Long on whining though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Yep. Logans greatest flaw is he kills interesting storys. To often he's forced in to the spotlight and storys must bend to shown him off while characters who can do cool and new things get shafted. I really think he kills/cripples innovation to much
    Quite the opposite for me. I really don't give a damn about what's happening in any of the other X-books unless Wolverine is involved in some way. The only reason I'm even giving these other X-books a read now is because there's a X-over happening. Once it's done, it's back to only Wolverine and X-Force for me.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Upcoming X-books art thread seems a little short on art these days. Long on whining though.
    Yeah, this thread seems to always derail. I think there is lots of new art, but there isn't. The current conversation seems more appropriate for a different thread. Unpopular/controversial, maybe.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Apologies. But yeah. This thread should be to show the new art, then repost the art & have discussions in the respective characters' threads or unpopular opinions.

I'll step away from OT discussion.

The Wolverine exposure began in the early 90s way before Hugh Jackman was even a thing. Why do you think all those Wolverine clones popped up over at Image Comics when they first got started? The X-Men were obviously popular too, but Wolverine was obviously and still is the most popular by a large margin.
    Which is the most selling comic issue of all time; X-men #1 or Wolverine #1? The 90's were the all time high popularity of the X-men so of course Wolverine (along with Storm, Rogue, Jubilee, Bishop and etc) were extremely popular during that era. Maybe to you Wolverine is the star of the X-men due your personal interests and whatnot but it's completely ahistorical and false to claim Wolverine alone is more popular that The entire franchise of the X-men. Wolverine got popular because of the X-men and not the other way around.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Apologies. But yeah. This thread should be to show the new art, then repost the art & have discussions in the respective characters' threads or unpopular opinions.

I'll step away from OT discussion.
    No harm done. Definitely a conversation of interest it seems.

Though, to keep things back on track, I might as well pull back some art posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Marauders 14 Variant
    This looks pretty nice.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Really liking Storm's outfit there. Her uniforms haven't had much pop lately imo.

To be fair, Illyana went from being a popular character in the 80’s to... gone. Maybe they just felt her story was over, and there was no where else to take her. After Inferno, she was inactive or dead for damn near twenty years. So I like having her get a bigger spotlight than ever.

Astonishing Member

Because Logan is a proven seller and has been for a few decades, of course Marvel is gonna showcase arguably their 2nd most popular character more than most. What has Illyana done other than star in probably the worst comic book film ever made to deserve such a push? If anything, Storm should be getting her spotlight, who no matter how far she's been downplayed, she's still the 2nd most popular X-Man after Wolverine.
    Of all the characters that have gotten pushes over the past 20 years you're really gonna get upset at Magik? A character who's been in the X books for almost forty years and who is also pretty popular? This is some weird gatekeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Since when do covers give an important part of plot? Or previews for that matter? In that interview they all the x-writers did to kick of xos they mentioned that Storm was a major player and we're only at chapter 7 or 22. We can't tell yet if Storm is not going to fight.
    Oh, she's fighting someone. My comment was in relation to her seemingly fighting Pogg in one of the covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Really liking Storm's outfit there. Her uniforms haven't had much pop lately imo.
    This pirate look is nice... but too comical... I disagree with you. Her current uniform is the best she looked in years! So classy, iconic and sleek. Love it. And it even looks good in white.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mighty Member

Marvel remembering that Scott is the Big brother to all the not Mutant Teen heroes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    To be fair, Illyana went from being a popular character in the 80’s to... gone. Maybe they just felt her story was over, and there was no where else to take her. After Inferno, she was inactive or dead for damn near twenty years. So I like having her get a bigger spotlight than ever.
    It's quite interesting to look back at the New X-men story in which she returned (technicaly it wasn't her but a demon formed by the remnants of her soul if i recall right) and how she was meant to be only a bit character, mainly to give Pixie an upgrade (Soul Dagger and teleportation spell), until writers kept using her and brought Illyana back proper.

Goes to show how it only takes the right writers and storylines to bring characters back into spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Marvel remembering that Scott is the Big brother to all the not Mutant Teen heroes.
    Him being a founding member of this generation of Champions, is both kind of weird because of all the time travel shenanigans, but also quite heartwarming, considering that for him it's now fond memories from the past.

Essentialy he would be hanging out with old friends from his teenager years, who are still teenagers at the moment while he is in his mid 30's.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-21-2020 at 11:17 AM.

That cover is SO beautiful. What an incredible angle and those gorgeous colors and just wow. I can't wait to read that.