Page 1395 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 39589512951345138513911392139313941395139613971398139914051445 ... LastLast
Results 20,911 to 20,925 of 22342

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I thought this too until I remembered… Moira was still human when she skinned Banshee alive.
    Kevin said that thing “is not his mother”. She will be revealed as a Sinister clone. And if resurrection continues they maybe they’ll bring the real one back.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Kevin said that thing “is not his mother”. She will be revealed as a Sinister clone. And if resurrection continues they maybe they’ll bring the real one back.
    Is a good but cheap way of end the EvilMoiraBot nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Is a good but cheap way of end the EvilMoiraBot nonsense
    As long as it's over I'm ok with it. Evil Moira was such a dumb path for her story to go. It has almost ruined HoXPoX for me. It's like rewatching Daenerys hatch her dragons after watching Season 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    As long as it's over I'm ok with it. Evil Moira was such a dumb path for her story to go. It has almost ruined HoXPoX for me. It's like rewatching Daenerys hatch her dragons after watching Season 8.
    EvilMoiraBot. concubine of Ultron and bestie of Machine Man (lol)

I prefer the cold pragmatic Moira of the first part of the Krakoan era. but her Destiny hate is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    MUTANT Moira was a dumb path to go. She was better off dead.

.... but her Destiny hate is dumb.
    an evil witch that had her burned alive?

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I thought this too until I remembered… Moira was still human when she skinned Banshee alive.
    I can see her rationalizing that though as it not really killing him bc the resurrection protocols exist. At the very least this is a minor detail that could just simply be ignored

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why does she need to be salvaged? I see them killing off this version only for her to be laid to rest for a good while

With that said, IF they wanted to salvage Moira, I think its easy enough bc the Moira in the second half of Krakoa is not the real Moira. She's an A.I. She is a corrupted robot essentially with her likeness and memories but she's not the original. I think that alone is enough to give her grace if she is resurrected as a human
    Because it’s bad enough that they took one of the most prolific human allies of the X-Men and made her a mutant, it’s even worse that they then made her yet another mustache twirling genocidal villains. At this point she has zero in common with the character she’s supposed to even be.

What's worse is that they made Moira a mustache twirling genocidal villain while all of the really great interesting classic X-Men villains are no longer villains. The flip flopping of characters from hero to villain and villain to so called hero isn't as interesting as Marvel seems to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    MUTANT Moira was a dumb path to go. She was better off dead.

an evil witch that had her burned alive?
    an proactive witch that had her burned alive for tryng murder her own kind.

That Destiny was angry and with reasons.

an proactive witch that had her burned alive for tryng murder her own kind.

That Destiny was angry and with reasons.
    Destiny and Mystique turned Moira into what she is now. Those two are gutter trash that abandon their own offspring and hunted mutants for the governent. Not really much better than Machine-Moira itself.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 11-17-2023 at 12:52 PM.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Because it’s bad enough that they took one of the most prolific human allies of the X-Men and made her a mutant, it’s even worse that they then made her yet another mustache twirling genocidal villains. At this point she has zero in common with the character she’s supposed to even be.
    I dont think she can ever go back to how she was. It wouldnt even work or make sense given the revelations from HOX/POX. Even if they wanted to write her as a human ally again, the stench of this era will forever plague her. At best they can rectify all the stuff done with robot Moira

967D20BA-F3A3-43D5-902A-FB4DE9E47702.jpg

Haven’t seen this cover yet.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Original Moira has always been a glorified background character popping up intermittently here and there as the story dictates then disappearing for years. Did Hickman do her and injustice in his Inferno story...absolutely, but let's not act as though she's been this integral ally throughout all of their stories and tribulations from day one up until HoX 02.

If they do rehabilitate/resurrect her it will just to go back to being exactly what she started as during the Cockrum/Claremont era...and subsequently ignored and forgotten until a plot calls for her.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think she can ever go back to how she was. It wouldnt even work or make sense given the revelations from HOX/POX. Even if they wanted to write her as a human ally again, the stench of this era will forever plague her. At best they can rectify all the stuff done with robot Moira
    Honestly, it’s always this kind of thing that will always be the counter for me when people say that this era made her relevant again rather than dead. Tarnishing a character’s legacy and destroying them as a character will never be a worthwhile price to pay for relevance in my book. This not only destroyed her character in the present but retroactively destroyed it because of the fact that her every action since she was introduced is now framed as this massive web of deception and acts. That basically the Moira that we knew prior to HoX/PoX was nothing more than a character that she was playing to move the pieces across the chess board.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly, it’s always this kind of thing that will always be the counter for me when people say that this era made her relevant again rather than dead. Tarnishing a character’s legacy and destroying them as a character will never be a worthwhile price to pay for relevance in my book. This not only destroyed her character in the present but retroactively destroyed it because of the fact that her every action since she was introduced is now framed as this massive web of deception and acts. That basically the Moira that we knew prior to HoX/PoX was nothing more than a character that she was playing to move the pieces across the chess board.
    Yes. When I started reading she was in a relationship with Sean. I kind of liked it.

These retcons have put much, if not all, of what I read in a new light. Did she feel anything for Sean? Was she just stringing him along for some plot to happen? In Krakoa she skinned him, that we know for certain.

Events like this changes a character to the core and also changes their stories, back through the archives.