Page 875 of 1453 FirstFirst ... 3757758258658718728738748758768778788798859259751375 ... LastLast
Results 13,111 to 13,125 of 21794

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Hm what LOL. He wears red glasses... Warren had more trouble to pass having to hide his wings than him lol.
    If you didn't read thehw original X-men run just say so. This wasn't subtext, it was on text. He almost goes to have his mutation removed because of the danger he felt he represented to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Basically it, just like Spidey. at least Stark is billionaire
    Peter is charming and has that dorky thing going on, Scott on the other hand is uptight and very stoic.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    If you didn't read thehw original X-men run just say so. This wasn't subtext, it was on text. He almost goes to have his mutation removed because of the danger he felt he represented to everyone
    Scott having difficulties with his powers and feeling like he's a danger to those around him doesn't mean that he doesn't pass for human when his team mates got wings, giant feet and hands and can turn into ice. People always assumed Scott was blind and not a mutant when they saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The masterful literary irony is that he left the stability of his marriage to Maddie and their child to more or less be with Jean. And now he's in a seemingly polyamorous relationship...how our Boyscout has grown!
    It really humanises him and I do appreciate that of my heroes.
    I wouldn't call a relationship where he was physically abused as "stable"

He isnt? he just got leadership because he was the only that had a meh power. Being a white male is already have a huge advantage oer everyone else.
    I still don't think he is special, secially on his personality full iof being insecure
    I'm sure being a white male gave him a big advantage against the other 3 white males on the team. And firing optic blasts is sure a meh power compared with being agile, throwing iceballs or having wings. Cyclops was essentially the only one that survived the ANAD relaunch, everyone else had to get some major changes

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Scott having difficulties with his powers and feeling like he's a danger to those around him doesn't mean that he doesn't pass for human when his team mates got wings, giant feet and hands and can turn into ice. People always assumed Scott was blind and not a mutant when they saw him.
    Go back in time and tell that to Stan Lee. Because the one that established Scott as non-passing was him, not me

Go back in time and tell that to Stan Lee. Because the one that established Scott as non-passing was him, not me
    He never did it. Scott using glasses doesn't make him any less human

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Warren had wings and Hank had oversized feet and hands, Scott just passed as blind.
    Hank passed as human for several years with those feet. In the original run they weren't so big, Warren just pretended to have a hunch. Cyclops didn't pass as blind, likely because blind people's eyes don't give a bright red glow, at least the blind people I know don't

He never did it. Scott using glasses doesn't make him any less human
    We already established that you didn't read the original run, you should, the writing is cheesy but it's fun

A white cis male that just has to wear red shades DEFINITELY passes as human. Anole/Nightcrawler/Rockslide/Rainboy do not pass as human.

Even Iceman passes as human.

That is all.

That has nothing to do with passing (or with diversity since you mentioned the Giant-Size team for some reason).

Extraordinary Member

The one issue Cyclops had was that if he lost his glasses he'd have to keep his eyes closed or he'd blast everything around him. As long as he had his glasses on he was perfectly fine, and if he ever learned to control his power he'd be able to 100% pass. Beast and Angel actually had physical mutations that made it difficult to pass for 'human.'

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The same Cyclops hater of always has derailed another thread, I see.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    A white cis male that just has to wear red shades DEFINITELY passes as human. Anole/Nightcrawler/Rockslide/Rainboy do not pass as human.

Even Iceman passes as human.

That is all.
    Do you have a problem with straight White guys?
    My flag is bacon.

this thread never fails to go off topic lol
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Do you have a problem with straight White guys?
    Do you have a problem with me describing Cyclops?