Page 261 of 1453 FirstFirst ... 1612112512572582592602612622632642652713113617611261 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 21794

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Bobby, Sam and Kurt (maybe) are white.

Also, Bishop seems to be a very prominent fixture in these group shots, I wonder if he's the leader.
    Beast is on the team too, but Kurt has a very, very iffy case for whiteness. Besides being born furry and demonic looking, he was raised by a Romani woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Sunspot, Cannonball, Magik, and Moonstar are deserve A list positions at this point. They are grown and are great characters. I would have loved to see Sunspot on the Uncanny X-men Team.
    Since Cannoball also seems to be on the Uncanny team, I’d love to have Sunspot replace him in X-Force after the first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Cannonball
    Weird way to spell Karma.

BANNED

Also, Bishop seems to be a very prominent fixture in these group shots, I wonder if he's the leader.
    Kelly Thompson said Storm, Jean, and Armor are the leaders.

I'm betting Bishop's random prominence is just televising his death.

I feel like anytime someone who doesn't get used randomly has importance in a story, it's to set up their death.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Kelly Thompson said Storm, Jean, and Armor are the leaders.

I'm betting Bishop's random prominence is just televising his death.

I feel like anytime someone who doesn't get used randomly has importance in a story, it's to set up their death.
    That would piss me off. A lot.

I can see a culling coming, but I'd rather it not be Bishop on the chopping block.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    That would piss me off. A lot.

I can see a culling coming, but I'd rather it not be Bishop on the chopping block.
    Yeah, they had better not. Bishop is like the one black male X-Man of importance, and he's only barely come back into the fold after many years of completely out of left-field villainy for Hope of all people... It would be a very cheap, very foolish move to bring him back only to kill him.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, they had better not. Bishop is like the one black male X-Man of importance, and he's only barely come back into the fold after many years of completely out of left-field villainy for Hope of all people... It would be a very cheap, very foolish move to bring him back only to kill him.
    Not true, but anyways, I wouldn't put it past Rosenberg or Brisson to do something like that. Rosenberg has a history of being shitty to the non-white characters in his books. Brisson fridged Bloodstorm for Scott's angst.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Not true, but anyways, I wouldn't put it past Rosenberg or Brisson to do something like that. Rosenberg has a history of being shitty to the non-white characters in his books. Brisson fridged Bloodstorm for Scott's angst.
    As much as I like Sunspot, he's barely ever been an X-Man proper, and half the time they act like he isn't even Afro-Brazilian. Who else did you have in mind? They killed my lovely Synch ages ago. The Bedlam brothers never got play in the central title. Gentle, Prodigy? lol. As for your second idea, certainly, I wouldn't put it past these guys, but it would be stupid. I raised hell about Bloodstorm, even if she was an inferior shell compared to the Mutant X version, but my protestations fell on largely deaf ears here amongst the X-fandom. The writers do these things because they can get away with it.

Astonishing Member

I'll never understand why she died insted of Jimmy. I doubt bishop will die, if anything they'll kill a good chunk of the younger xmen to give glob more spotlight, because when fans say we want the new xmen marvel hear's glob solo

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    As much as I like Sunspot, he's barely ever been an X-Man proper, and half the time they act like he isn't even Afro-Brazilian. Who else did you have in mind? They killed my lovely Synch ages ago. The Bedlam brothers never got play in the central title. Gentle, Prodigy? lol. As for your second idea, certainly, I wouldn't put it past these guys, but it would be stupid. I raised hell about Bloodstorm, even if she was an inferior shell compared to the Mutant X version, but my protestations fell on largely deaf ears here amongst the X-fandom. The writers do these things because they can get away with it.
    I know you hate the New X-Men for whatever reason, Gentle and Prodigy are still important to the X-Men mythos. And Ewing perfectly set up Sunspot (Citizen X) to be one of the most influential X-Men ever yet editorial effed that up too. They just ignore it like they ignore all non-X-Book character development.

The fact that we don't see Bishop in the 'Age of X-Man' is veeerrrrry concerning. And if they kill off Bishop, they are gonna get a huge backlash.

Astonishing Member

The fact that we don't see Bishop in the 'Age of X-Man' is veeerrrrry concerning. And if they kill off Bishop, they are gonna get a huge backlash.
    We don't see moses of the main cast of uncanny in age of Xmen. If I'm right and this is a knockoff of age of apocalypse either a he the key to solving everyting, or b he'll be resurrected when the ending retcons a good chunk of there past. We don't know what this pseudo relaunch even is yet when we have information they we can do something.

Yes. I was considering Kurt as a white male too. But even if you don't consider him white those 3 fill a similar archetype role in a team.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

His being missing from the Age of X-Man promo is when it dawned on me too.

And if they kill off Bishop, they are gonna get a huge backlash.
    I don't think there would be. This is the character they had trying to kill a white baby and he was just as much the sole black male X-Man back then as he is now. Absolute zero regard for optics and nobody cared.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I don't think there would be. This is the character they had trying to kill a white baby and he was just as much the sole black male X-Man back then as he is now. Absolute zero regard for optics and nobody cared.
    Well, I wouldn't say "nobody cared" but I'm hoping that the X-Fans learned a thing or two about how black characters should vs shouldn't be treated after ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    We don't see moses of the main cast of uncanny in age of Xmen. If I'm right and this is a knockoff of age of apocalypse either a he the key to solving everyting, or b he'll be resurrected when the ending retcons a good chunk of there past. We don't know what this pseudo relaunch even is yet when we have information they we can do something.
    But the teaser does show most of the cast that will probably be important. Mags, Jean, Ororo, Lin Li (who the creative team love), Piotr, Kurt, and Nate. Just the fact that Bishop is being hyped up so much for Disassembled, only to turn around and not have him in the very next event/relaunch/whatever teaser is sus.

I know you hate the New X-Men for whatever reason, Gentle and Prodigy are still important to the X-Men mythos. And Ewing perfectly set up Sunspot (Citizen X) to be one of the most influential X-Men ever yet editorial effed that up too. They just ignore it like they ignore all non-X-Book character development.

Prodigy had potential, but to say he or Gentle are in any way comparable to Bishop is silly. I'm with you on Sunspot, but as you said, that development happened in the Avengers line, not the X-Men.

As for Bishop in the Age of X-Men, remember, Bishop was instrumental in undoing the original AoA; it could well be that he will serve a similar role in this story, but they are just keeping him off to the side so as to not telegraph this beat at the onset.