Page 841 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3417417918318378388398408418428438448458518919411341 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,615 of 22207
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    very well could be jrjr on the new x-men book with hickman starting in july
    that would be terrible news, but I could see it happening. at the very least, they said he was doing multiple projects so he wouldn't be on the book long. Maybe just a variant cover.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Couple more Way of X panels from Bob Q and Si Spurrier’s twitter.
    Grumpy grandad and a sad elf.
    810177ED-970E-40A7-94CE-0BBCED798589.jpg
    8E565732-6260-4BBC-9ED4-39C8F9A6C91E.jpg

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Bleeding Cool is speculating Romita Jr might join Claremont on X-Men Legends rather than Hickman on X-Men. I hadn't thought about that but I think it's a very good guess!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There's also the Extreme Carnage event happening in July as well.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

JR Jr isn't on extreme carnage event. Legends seems very possible

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Bleeding Cool is speculating Romita Jr might join Claremont on X-Men Legends rather than Hickman on X-Men. I hadn't thought about that but I think it's a very good guess!

I think that would be a good fit. He’s never been to my taste but he can deliver a good, solid, well drawn, job and the right inker and colourist make him even better.

Incredible Member

He could do both! It was just a guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Claremont and Romita? i would buy in a second. I saw the black and white of that above image and JrJR imo is in top form. It is not his fault the colors washed his lines. he may like that look but imo it isn't doing the beauty and technicality of his lines any favors. That is where his genius lies for me. I want to see his lines.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

JRJR was very good at his prime, but, to be honest, I felt that has passed.

Back in the punk/powerless Storm era, JRJR was in his prime. That was loooong ago. He was losing it even back in the early 90's. I don't like his recent stuff.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Back in the punk/powerless Storm era, JRJR was in his prime. That was loooong ago. He was losing it even back in the early 90's. I don't like his recent stuff.
    Look up his black and whites. Imo the problem is today artist do less and colorist do more and so an artist like JRJR takes a hit with today's colorist that are coloring over your lines and stuff.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    True, but I think your Legends theory is sound. Cebulski was saying on Twitter that Romita has "some amazing projects lined up", emphasis on the plural, which makes me believe he won't be committing to an ongoing series right off the bat.

So my money for the new X-Men artist is back on my first guess which was the amazing Sara Pichelli. She's super talented and a perfect fit for the mutants. I guess we'll find out in a month's time when the July solicits hit, unless you can find out before then Rich

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I’d give him a bit more credit, personally. I enjoyed his work on Kick-Ass, and that was like 2008 or so. It was all downhill afterwards.
    Last edited by Dipter; 04-01-2021 at 10:50 PM.

True, but I think your Legends theory is sound. Cebulski was saying on Twitter that Romita has "some amazing projects lined up", emphasis on the plural, which makes me believe he won't be committing to an ongoing series right off the bat.

So my money for the new X-Men artist is back on my first guess which was the amazing Sara Pichelli. She's super talented and a perfect fit for the mutants. I guess we'll find out in a month's time when the July solicits hit, unless you can find out before then Rich
    Sara Pichelli is too slow for a ongoing

BANNED

I think it's Russ Dauterman.