Page 843 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3437437938338398408418428438448458468478538939431343 ... LastLast
Results 12,631 to 12,645 of 22201
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I never understood the love for Romita art. I mean yeah hes talented but there are artists that are way better. It looks so scratchy and blocky..
    Because he was really, really good in his heyday. But, like I said, I think those days are behind him. It looks very scratchy and rushed now (even when he has time).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Apparently you’re forgetting Claremont and the Leprechauns, and all
    The other weirdness HE came up with.
    Didn't a leprechaun tell logan what his name was

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Didn't a leprechaun tell logan what his name was
    Yep, leprechaun first, Mariko second, Kurt third. Never not funny.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    FERAL!!!! So excited for my girl.
    Seems the artist Eleonora Carlini has posted the concept drawings for both on her twitter.

Feral really has a graceful feline women thing going on, especialy with her hair being less awkward looking. Marrow looks like a freakish punk (also wearing something akin to her X-force uniform). So more or less both look exactly right.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-03-2021 at 03:02 PM.

BANNED

Oooohhhhhh, I love it!!!

Screenshot_20210403-211828_Twitter.jpg

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I vaguely remember the leprechaun thing. Was that Cassaday Keep or was that a more recent reveal? You think it wouldn't be difficult to forget.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I vaguely remember the leprechaun thing. Was that Cassaday Keep or was that a more recent reveal? You think it wouldn't be difficult to forget.
    Yup it was the Cassady Keep story at the very beginning of Claremont/Cockrum's run just after Jean became the Phoenix.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    There you go.
    72D56F57-4D16-4115-9C60-D3D5CF37CE10.jpg

Uncanny 103

John Romita Jr. is a solid artist. He has a unique style and he's a comics legend. Like most artists, his work looks bad when it's rushed or the inker isn't a great fit.
    I love the fact that we get the classic work of Romita Jr. with the modern work of RB Silva and Pepe Larraz.
    If i had my druthers, Pepe Larraz would draw the main X-Men book with Hickman writing. That man can do no wrong in my eyes.
    My dream artists on X-Projects:
    X-Men: Pepe Larraz
    Marauders: Matteo Lolli, Stefano Caselli and Sarah Picelli
    X-Force: Joshua Cassara
    New Mutants: Jorge Molina
    Hellions: Steven Segovia
    SWORD: Valerio Schiti and RB Silva
    I have no preference for the other books.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Pepe would be not in an ongoing series. At least for now, he has a clause (or sort of) he’s a little slow and perfectionist and dont wanna do 24pages every month

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    Pepe would be not in an ongoing series. At least for now, he has a clause (or sort of) he’s a little slow and perfectionist and dont wanna do 24pages every month
    I can see that. I would hate for his work to be rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I never understood the love for Romita art. I mean yeah hes talented but there are artists that are way better. It looks so scratchy and blocky. Give me Clay Mann, Jorge Jimenez, Jerome Opena, Olivier Coipel, or Russell Dauterman.

Yeah I know some of them are DC exclusives but Marvel needs to stop being so cheap and pay these artists. Pepe Larraz better have gotten a raise because he is carrying this era.
    Those artists would be perfect!!!

The thing about Clay Mann is that he’s slow as hell. Just so fucking slow. Back when he was drawing Gambit there were a lot of issues that had other artists come in to finish them so they would ship on time and not be delayed. I love his art, but he isn’t a good fit for a monthly title.

The only DC artist I want to see on X-Men is Ivan Reis.

As for Hickman’s new book, I think it’ll be Juann Cabal. He’s a perfect fit for the sci-fi stuff that Hickman likes doing.

Also, since Schiti is moving to Leah Williams’ new book, I think Paco Medina will take over on SWORD.

Yeah Clay Mann is slow AF. Even with his commissions.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    The thing about Clay Mann is that he’s slow as hell. Just so fucking slow. Back when he was drawing Gambit there were a lot of issues that had other artists come in to finish them so they would ship on time and not be delayed. I love his art, but he isn’t a good fit for a monthly title.

The only DC artist I want to see on X-Men is Ivan Reis.

As for Hickman’s new book, I think it’ll be Juann Cabal. He’s a perfect fit for the sci-fi stuff that Hickman likes doing.

Also, since Schiti is moving to Leah Williams’ new book, I think Paco Medina will take over on SWORD.
    In terms of artists being slow, the days of artists doing a monthly book regularly are mostly gone so I wouldn't hold it against Clay specifically. Like Pepe Larraz has just been announced as the new artist on X-Men... how many issues can we realistically expect from him though and how often?

I'll second Ivan Reis on X-Men though. He's an amazing talent DC doesn't always know how to use, he's been getting better and better with time and would be an excellent fit for the mutants.