Page 732 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 2326326827227287297307317327337347357367427828321232 ... LastLast
Results 10,966 to 10,980 of 22186

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Magik is starting to feel as overexposed as Wolverine at this point. I wish we'd get the same amount of art teases for some other ladies.
    Ilyana only started to appear everywhere across the board this last year and it's only in x-books. Logan gets put everywhere in not only x-men books but avengers, spiderman, f4 you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Ilyana only started to appear everywhere across the board this last year and it's only in x-books. Logan gets put everywhere in not only x-men books but avengers, spiderman, f4 you name it.
    Because Logan is a proven seller and has been for a few decades, of course Marvel is gonna showcase arguably their 2nd most popular character more than most. What has Illyana done other than star in probably the worst comic book film ever made to deserve such a push? If anything, Storm should be getting her spotlight, who no matter how far she's been downplayed, she's still the 2nd most popular X-Man after Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Because Logan is a proven seller and has been for a few decades, of course Marvel is gonna showcase arguably their 2nd most popular character more than most. What has Illyana done other than star in probably the worst comic book film ever made to deserve such a push? If anything, Storm should be getting her spotlight, who no matter how far she's been downplayed, she's still the 2nd most popular X-Man after Wolverine.
    I really don't get this kind of reasoning, by this logic we would only ever see Wolverine stories, if the writer wants to showcase illyana why should they/him/her be forced to use another character? there is more than enough space for multiple x characters and I don't see why x-women should be pitted against each other like competitors from some kind of beauty pageant
    Last edited by Daedra; 10-15-2020 at 06:56 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I really don't get this kind of reasoning, by this logic we would only ever see Wolverine stories, if the writer wants to showcase illyana why should they/him/her be forced to use another character? there is more than enough space for multiple x characters and I don't see why x-women should pitted against each other like some kind of beauty pageant competitors
    It's not about putting X-Women against each other, but more about the hypocrisy of these boards. Folks love to complain about Logan's exposure and I gave a reason why it my be so, but Illyana's probably been in just as many if not more than Logan since this whole DOX era began and nobody really complains about her. All I'm saying if anybody deserves it after Logan it's Storm.

BANNED

Magik has been consistently present for a good 9 years. She hasn't seen the kind of rampant editorial fanboyism that Cyclops saw, but she has been fairly present. Because she's a cool-ass character.

I don't know why people ask about Wolverine and I think that's only an online community thing. I imagine the vast majority of people find the character likeable.

Now, someone explain Cable to me. Doesn't sell but has a solo/lead fairly often.

It's not about putting X-Women against each other, but more about the hypocrisy of these boards. Folks love to complain about Logan's exposure and I gave a reason why it my be so, but Illyana's probably been in just as many if not more than Logan since this whole DOX era began and nobody really complains about her. All I'm saying if anybody deserves it after Logan it's Storm.
    I can only speak for myself and I love magik so for me seeing her get in the spotlight will always be justified while wolverine bores me to tears, I also love Ororo and would love to see her get better treatment/writing especially when it comes to quality but not necessarily at the detriment of other characters (something that I think happens quite often with wolverine), this is not about being hypocritical it's just a matter of personal taste.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Also, right before DOX, between the end of extraordinary x-men and Rosencanny, she wasn't on a main title besides the New Mutants Dead Souls mini? She only had small cameos. Now on the DOX era she has only begun to appear more or less as much as she appeared around Bendis' uxm, but a lot of the times is a small cameo and thats it...

I swear I've counted the number of appearances and compared it to the main X-men and she's appeared either as much as some of them or less than the really big ones.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I can only speak for myself and I love magik so for me seeing her get in the spotlight will always be justified while wolverine bores me to tears, I also love Ororo and would love to see her get better treatment/writing especially when it comes to quality but not necessarily at the detriment of other characters (something that I think happens quite often with wolverine), this is not about being hypocritical it's just a matter of personal taste.
    Amen on the bold especially the underlined. Being too closely affiliated with Wolverine is what eventually killed what used to be one of my fav. characters. And we can expect the same from numerous who get too tied up with him except Laura.

Logan got the massive overexposed push only starting in the early to mid 2000's because of the x-men movie success and Logan growing mainstream popularity. And the more you feature a character in stuff, the more popularity the character get and the more exposure said character gets.

Now let's not rewrite history, marvel biggest and most popular characters (pre mcu) have always been Spiderman, F4 and the X-men as a whole and not wolverine.

Ilyana has been getting steadily getting a bigger presence in the X-men this last decade and is a unique and cool character with a complex and rich backstory a lot of people relate too. I don't see why characters, especially female characters, have to "deserve" getting a push, isn't the character being neat enough? And I really don't see why it's a competition between Magik or Storm, can only one female character get a spotlight at a time and I didn't get the memo?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So Storm isn't fighting it after all. Looks like that Larraz cover might have been misleading.
    Storm will be fighting Death. Mark my words

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Magik has been consistently present for a good 9 years. She hasn't seen the kind of rampant editorial fanboyism that Cyclops saw, but she has been fairly present. Because she's a cool-ass character.

I don't know why people ask about Wolverine and I think that's only an online community thing. I imagine the vast majority of people find the character likeable.

Now, someone explain Cable to me. Doesn't sell but has a solo/lead fairly often.
    Cable constant push has always baffled me because he basically always has a solo and it has something like over 200 issues but it never got any amount of sales or popularity to justify it. It's not like he's a core X-men character either, and if we're talking about characters who deserve another character spotlight then Bishop should be getting Cable's spotlight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Amen on the bold especially the underlined. Being too closely affiliated with Wolverine is what eventually killed what used to be one of my fav. characters. And we can expect the same from numerous who get too tied up with him except Laura.
    Yep. Logans greatest flaw is he kills interesting storys. To often he's forced in to the spotlight and storys must bend to shown him off while characters who can do cool and new things get shafted. I really think he kills/cripples innovation to much

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So Storm isn't fighting it after all. Looks like that Larraz cover might have been misleading.
    Since when do covers give an important part of plot? Or previews for that matter? In that interview they all the x-writers did to kick of xos they mentioned that Storm was a major player and we're only at chapter 7 or 22. We can't tell yet if Storm is not going to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Logan got the massive overexposed push only starting in the early to mid 2000's because of the x-men movie success and Logan growing mainstream popularity. And the more you feature a character in stuff, the more popularity the character get and the more exposure said character gets.

Now let's not rewrite history, marvel biggest and most popular characters (pre mcu) have always been Spiderman, F4 and the X-men as a whole and not wolverine.

Ilyana has been getting steadily getting a bigger presence in the X-men this last decade and is a unique and cool character with a complex and rich backstory a lot of people relate too. I don't see why characters, especially female characters, have to "deserve" getting a push, isn't the character being neat enough? And I really don't see why it's a competition between Magik or Storm, can only one female character get a spotlight at a time and I didn't get the memo?
    The Wolverine exposure began in the early 90s way before Hugh Jackman was even a thing. Why do you think all those Wolverine clones popped up over at Image Comics when they first got started? The X-Men were obviously popular too, but Wolverine was obviously and still is the most popular by a large margin.

Plenty of people on here complain about Magik taking up the spotlight. Go check any recent New Mutant issue threads.

Magik being front & center is nothing new. She has been a main player since AVX, which predates your presumption that her character starring in "probably the worst comic book film ever made" has any bearings on her current status.

Also, we are in the midst of a major X-Men event involving magic & swords...