Page 634 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 1345345846246306316326336346356366376386446847341134 ... LastLast
Results 9,496 to 9,510 of 22327

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Why does Quentin Quire keep getting shoved up our asses? Where is Marvel getting the idea their readers like him that much?
    Yeah I don't get it either. He is so annoying and if they want to use a former student there are so many better options.

BANNED

Because Quire is a fun character with an established Batman-ward kinda relationship with one of the major characters. Also he's snarky and, unfortunately, people really love bitchiness/snark.

Another thing: every once in a while before Hickman hype there was an "Xavier sucks and the X-Men have outgrown him" thread and here is a kid who has been saying that since his first appearance.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-22-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Why does Quentin Quire keep getting shoved up our asses? Where is Marvel getting the idea their readers like him that much?
    No idea. He's one of the worst characters they keep shoving at everyone.

Grant Morrison added nothing of value to the x-verse. I’ll make an exception for Jumbo Carnation, even though I don’t personally like the character.

He has a distinct visual and a distinct voice and people enjoy writing/inserting "foil" characters to make the interactions more engaging/dramatic/dynamic.

Angst sells. Conflict is entertaining.

Morrison created him

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Morrison created him
    The same question with the same answer for Fantomex.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    The same question with the same answer for Fantomex.
    Same for Blob

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Grant Morrison added nothing of value to the x-verse. I’ll make an exception for Jumbo Carnation, even though I don’t personally like the character.
    I know it's opinion, but that's a pretty crazy assertion. Everything about modern X-Men storytelling started from his run. His stories might not have been for everyone, but they affected the whole X-Universe. The school opening up to students was the biggest development in my opinion. It was inspired by the movies, but it was in his run where this really happened. The introduction of mutant kids/teens, not all of them beautiful teen idols, was a game changer and nothing has been the same since. Then there's the introduction of Emma onto the team. Things have also never been the same since. Her character may be getting tiresome now, but she was like a shot of adrenaline at the time. And the storytelling; his run is really where the X-world came into the real world. They started talking like humans, no more thought bubbles and long expository narrations from an omniscient storyteller. Of course the comics had dealt with real world situations and serious issues, but always in a comicbooky way and never like this. The language, the direct references to mature subjects like sex and drug use... this all started during his run.
    Last edited by superjosh; 06-22-2020 at 11:17 AM.

I’m not even a big Quire fan but is using a character interchangeable with ‘shoved up [your] ass’?

where tf is the quentin marvel legends
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hmm... good question. I read somewhere that we’re getting House/Powers/Dawn of X Marvel Legends at some point. I’m guessing some would be repaints of other figures (e.g., Wolverine, Cyclops), but could definitely see Quire making it into that wave.

Quentin Quire is super popular among my LGBT friends. I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    His fashion sense?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    ...Ask why, perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'