see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Oh there's a sequel ? I have nothing against Cavanego but yoiu're right, without Coipel I'm not really interested.
    Immomen was on volume 2 and it's gorgeous

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Wondering why Monet is randomly in Penance form? Doesn't bode well for those thinking there will eraser of her human half when she always in red devil form, even at a social event.

IMMORTAL X-MEN #8
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by MICHELE BANDINI
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    A STUDY IN CERULEAN!
    Lawks! What's going on in foggy old London town in the year of our lord 1895? Well, it's only Sherlock Holmes, Mystique and Destiny on the tracks of a murderer and uncovering a truth that's significantly more sinister...

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

IMMORTAL X-MEN #8
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by MICHELE BANDINI
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    A STUDY IN CERULEAN!
    Lawks! What's going on in foggy old London town in the year of our lord 1895? Well, it's only Sherlock Holmes, Mystique and Destiny on the tracks of a murderer and uncovering a truth that's significantly more sinister...
    http://www.theessexhouse.co.uk/

Has Sherlock Holmes always been an established character in Marvel canon? I feel like this has come up before.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

IMMORTAL X-MEN #8
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by MICHELE BANDINI
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    A STUDY IN CERULEAN!
    Yes please, Irene, Raven, Sherlock Holmes and Sinister in 1895 London is really tickling my fancy. They really put the Immoral in Immoral X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has Sherlock Holmes always been an established character in Marvel canon? I feel like this has come up before.
    Not only that, but Destiny has been established as being the Irene Adler from Sherlock Holmes, which makes little sense admittedly but which I also find extremely fun.

IMMORTAL X-MEN #8
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by MICHELE BANDINI
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    A STUDY IN CERULEAN!
    I knew Mystique & Destiny were old, but since when were they older than Wolverine? Logan, IIRC, would've been a young teen in this time period.

IMMORTAL X-MEN #8
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by MICHELE BANDINI
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    A STUDY IN CERULEAN!
    I'm going to be really pedantic here for a second here - but MULBURY ROAD? Surely it's MILBURY ROAD.
    Sinister's nom de plume at one time was Nathan Milbury, which I assume he got from his childhood home.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hasn't the implication always been that Sherlock Holmes was one of the disguises that Mystique wore in Marvel canon to hide that she was married to a woman?
    After all, her name is Raven Dark-HOLMES and she was working as a consulting detective at the point Destiny met her (in a scene Gillen referenced again in IXM3).
    And once she got together with Destiny, Irene's precognitive abilities allowed them to solve even the most inscrutable cases which launched the Holmes and Adler names into legend.

That said, it'll be fun to see how Gillen approaches this - will the story alternate between Holmes and Mystique with neither of them being in the same place at the same time, or will Holmes be a real person who then inspires Mystique?
    And if Destiny is Adler and Mystique is Holmes, Mister Sinister has to be the Professor Moriarty figure, right?
    What are the odds the Hound of the Baskervilles was created by Sinister in the Marvel Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yes please, Irene, Raven, Sherlock Holmes and Sinister in 1895 London is really tickling my fancy. They really put the Immoral in Immoral X-Men.
    Surely you mean the Immortal in Immortal X-Men. Though I suppose immoral works just as well.

That said, I'm really excited about this as well - I can already tell it will be my favorite IXM issue just by looking at the cover - you can sense the Madame Vastra and Jenny Flint energy radiate off the page.

Amazing Spider-man #9 variant cover by Patrick Gleason (who I believe is also doing interiors)…

He draws a pretty sick Logan IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I don't know if this is an intentional typo or not but I absolutely love it lol

IMMORTAL X-MEN #8
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by MICHELE BANDINI
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    A STUDY IN CERULEAN!
    Is this the main cover? I love it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Amazing Spider-man #9 variant cover by Patrick Gleason (who I believe is also doing interiors)…

He draws a pretty sick Logan IMO.
    Gleason is amazing, I hope the X-office steals him away for some mutant goodness.