Page 1470 of 1470 FirstFirst ... 47097013701420146014661467146814691470
Results 22,036 to 22,043 of 22043
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’ve just realized that one of X-force’s covers is by Tony Daniel. I don’t think he’s been doing much work for Marvel these days.
    Maybe his involvement hints that he’s joining the X-line? Wolverine’s solo?
    I was actually just thinking that myself, although I believe he literally just announced a new Image book that he's going to write and draw. Plus Tony Daniel is probably flagship X-Men book material these days - I wouldn't mind him alternating with Marquez and Stegman on the main books.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Nice to have better looks at the X-force new costumes. Rachel and Sage's are the best in my opinion (nice to see that Sage has ditched the yellow jacket she stole from Jubilee's closet lmao). My least favourite is Betsy's, I found it kinda weak compared to her last look as Captain Britain and the rest of the team's costumes.
    Betsy's costume will swiftly include a glowing sword, shields, and butterflies. I'm ok with her costume's simplicity when it's going to be glowing all over the place.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’ve just realized that one of X-force’s covers is by Tony Daniel. I don’t think he’s been doing much work for Marvel these days.
    Maybe his involvement hints that he’s joining the X-line? Wolverine’s solo?
    Judging by how strong that cover looks, I would welcome any Tony Daniel Marvel work. An arc on X-Force or Uncanny (which will need extra artists to fill it's 18 issues a year run) would be ideal places for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Fortunately good old beast has a rather iconic personality and since we are used to that it should be rather easy for both him and us readers to slip right back into the groove. Just having him talking like his usual self, hanging out with friends and doing good will do wonders with him. Hank is one of those characters that never was broken in the first place. It’s just marvel, that for some reason, wanted to try new things with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    There are always gonna be haters dude. There are still people that complain when Emma shows up in a comic even though she's been portrayed heroically since the 90s. Or the one person who brings up Bishop's horrible character assassination from the 2000s. There's gonna be a minority of fans that are wary of the character because of his negative portrayals, but your enjoyment doesn't have be based on what faceless strangers on the internet think. Percy's Beast is gone and Hank has a spot on the FIRST relaunch title under a writer who seems to like him. These are all good things. Between '97, McKay's stuff, and Grammer's Beast showing up in the MCU, I think we're in for a Beast renaissance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Yeah, best you can do is treat Evil! Hank as a bad dream and see if the comics have managed to finally wake up. Hank isn't my absolute favorite, but Quippy, Brainy Hank was always a character I enjoyed seeing on a team, and I hope he's back too. He played better off Scott when Cyke was his straight man than when Cyke was his straw man.

I still love the banter at Scott's wedding.

"Oh, no! Have the X-Men been defeated? A foe more powerful than Magneto! More devious than Mister Sinister! More relentless than...."

"Just shut up and tie the tie, Hank!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Kingdom X has got it. I've got favorite characters who still get hate over single, out-of-context pages from before some of the folks complaining were even born. You can't let the opinions of folks who are determined to hold a grudge against ink and paper ruin your fun.
    I know, I know, just, I've never seen such hate for a character before with Beast. I want to shake these people and say:

"These are FICTIONAL CHARACTERS. They're not going to come out of the comic and murder your family!!!"

I remember Bishop's heel-turn I don't remember such hate towards him at that time but I've seen it brought up now and then. Might be because of the prevalence of social-media now though. I had gotten more on social media the past year and the hate just started to get to me. My accounts are all gone now though, best thing I ever did.

I could have sworn that MacKay said in an interview last Sept. that he wanted to write Hank next to fix him, but I can't find it. I do know he wanted him for his Avengers run but Percy had first dibs.

A lot of the characters seem to have suffered character derailment(though I think Beast's is the worst). I'm hoping that everyone's favorite characters are treated well in the next age(or, at least, not destroyed).
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Sages' got a gun!
    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Someone who was trained in the feminine ways of sewing as a noble lady versus a fiery telekinetic who doesn't even need to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sages' got a gun!
    feels like it belongs there TBH.... she's used weapons a lot IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I know, I know, just, I've never seen such hate for a character before with Beast. I want to shake these people and say:

"These are FICTIONAL CHARACTERS. They're not going to come out of the comic and murder your family!!!"

I remember Bishop's heel-turn I don't remember such hate towards him at that time but I've seen it brought up now and then. Might be because of the prevalence of social-media now though. I had gotten more on social media the past year and the hate just started to get to me. My accounts are all gone now though, best thing I ever did.

I could have sworn that MacKay said in an interview last Sept. that he wanted to write Hank next to fix him, but I can't find it. I do know he wanted him for his Avengers run but Percy had first dibs.

A lot of the characters seem to have suffered character derailment(though I think Beast's is the worst). I'm hoping that everyone's favorite characters are treated well in the next age(or, at least, not destroyed).
    I know how you feel with the hatred of a fictional character - I know a guy who hates Cyclops so much, ANYTHING at all that touches on the character at all gets him ranting about what a douchebag he thinks Cyke is for 5 to 10 minutes. And I do mean ANYTHING - the guy was triggered by me mentioning that Norm Spencer had died.

Hank's derailment was especially bad - not only did they have him be the (poorly written) stand-in for writer/editorial distaste for Scott's revolutionary period (which was mostly well written, making the contrast even worse), they had him suddenly jump into cliched villainy like an unrepentant addict on the last remaining hit on the planet.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Someone who was trained in the feminine ways of sewing as a noble lady versus a fiery telekinetic who doesn't even need to bother.
    It seems like stereotyping. And Betsy doesn't look too happy.

That said, this X-Force cover is a much better one and the costumes look better. I still prefer Betsy without a sword. But she will supposedly still be Cap Britain? How is that even gonna work? Will she be dividing her time?
    Last edited by From The Shadows; Yesterday at 09:14 PM.