Quote Originally Posted by Spit and Syntax View Post
The new Adam Curtis documentary series ‘Can’t get you out of my head’ paints a very good picture of this classist British psyche - one that has structured its moral goodness or properness off the backs of Empire, and now that it has crumbled, have become a stereotype of themselves.

I’m an Australian living in London and have also lived in the US, and can thoroughly say that the UK has one of the strangest psyches I’ve come across, especially when compared to a foreigners expectations of what Britishness is due to their soft power narrative production. The UK is a scared and reserved country with old money of the centuries and new money in the southern Thatcherite boom which both work towards suffocating any working class solidarity. This is an X-Men forum, so I’ll leave it brief. But anyone who has ever been penniless in the UK can probably relate to this countries incongruity with how we perceive it’s media presentation.
I really appreciate your view on this, it's great to see a, kind of, outside view of what is happening in the UK right now. I think what a lot of the British public are blind to is that the right wing run press almost completely calls the shots. They're busy telling us all who we should hate, and who also hates those people. Currently it's foreign people, and they've managed that really successfully whilst making the working people believe that hugely wealthy establishment individuals like Johnson and Farage are on the side of working people.