Page 1046 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 465469469961036104210431044104510461047104810491050105610961146 ... LastLast
Results 15,676 to 15,690 of 22322

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    OMGoddess. That Marauders panel...wtf? The scratchy art is one thing but the lazy colouring just compounds the ugliness.
    Yeah, that's not a great choice for the X-Office to release to AIPT. Let's hope that quality is not the norm for the book because I've been excited about Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Teeny tiny Colossus !
    Haha I didn't even see him!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Which really subverts the usual Colossus cover!
    It's actually a smart way to show the scale of the threat. Let's hope Gillen has a little fun with Piotr, I think he really got him in Uncanny.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I don't understand why a writer would use Quentin Quire only to make him a buff telekinetic when Hellion exists, or Shola Inkosi even.

That Marauders panel is looking rough, but to be fair it looks like it was a small panel that was blown up to be larger than it should be seen.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Immortal Xmen Rod Reis Variant
    About time Exodus gets some actions, definitely looking forward to how Gillen will use him!

I'll give Marauders a shot but that art isn't really my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Does Beast look like that right now? Looks like a past (future?) version of him.
    In the Destiny of X promo image, Beast was shown in his pre-Morrison look. The promos are never the most accurate, but it was a deliberate artistic choice. And given that Leinil Yu has been drawing X-Men for decades it couldn't have just been a mistake. Iceman was also drawn in his 80s/90s form.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I don't understand why a writer would use Quentin Quire only to make him a buff telekinetic when Hellion exists, or Shola Inkosi even.

That Marauders panel is looking rough, but to be fair it looks like it was a small panel that was blown up to be larger than it should be seen.
    He was created by grant morrison. And that's it

Beast took his eye off trying to kill the nesting doll creature in X-Force #24, so the image is actually correct. I think it might be from X-Force Annual #1.

Also, Percy said in a lot of interviews, that Beast's look has been slowly becoming more gruesome as time goes on in X-force, to also show his decay phisically as emotionally.

Extraordinary Member

Well I guess that is my fault. I am not reading the book so I thought the full head of hair was some pre-cat Beast but I guess someone has started drawing Bendis-Beast wrong.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I don't understand why a writer would use Quentin Quire only to make him a buff telekinetic when Hellion exists, or Shola Inkosi even. (...)
    Well as far as i'm aware most people don't understand why he is used in general anyway. Obviously there are readers who like him and openly express it online. So we can't say that nobody likes him. But the majority of opinions i've seen, including in anecdotal LCS talk, overwhelmingly goes from no interest and mild annoyance to frustration over him being used for a team once again.

Which makes him look like a joke a comedian insist to tell everytime they are on stage, because they personaly find it hillarious, but which seldomly if ever brings out a laugh.

As if Marvel follows a sunken cost fallacy with him: "We forced him on teams and in stories for so long, we can't admit that he isn't a popular character and never will be. So we keep trying to make him popular instead."

Of course there is no firm empiric data to confirm if the dislike ratio is infact as high as it feels, but it doesn't seem like there is much evidence to the contrary either.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-14-2022 at 04:57 PM.

cover variant for X-Men Red #2 by Giuseppe Camuncol

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Well as far as i'm aware most people don't understand why he is used in general anyway. Obviously there are readers who like him and openly express it online. So we can't say that nobody likes him. But the majority of opinions i've seen, including in anecdotal LCS talk, overwhelmingly goes from no interest and mild annoyance to frustration over him being used for a team once again.

Which makes him look like a joke a comedian insist to tell everytime they are on stage, because they personaly find it hillarious, but which seldomly if ever brings out a laugh.

As if Marvel follows a sunken cost fallacy with him: "We forced him on teams and in stories for so long, we can't admit that he isn't a popular character and never will be. So we keep trying to make him popular instead."

Of course there is no firm empiric data to confirm if the dislike ratio is infact as high as it feels, but it doesn't seem like there is much evidence to the contrary either.
    Yeah, I don't understand why Marvel insists on pushing him so hard. I actually agree that it is probably largely because He was created by Morrison, even though he barely resembles the Morrison version now(who was not just terrible like the current version, but disgustingly awful). He is definitely disliked by a lot of people though. He was the first character voted out of the B and C-list Elimination contest on the X-Men Reddit-

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...ega_does_what/

He was the first eliminated out of 30 characters with 12.19% of the vote(109 votes against him).

I'm just hoping X-force succeeds in one mission. Just one. I honestly don't think in almost 30 issues the team has accomplished any intel gathering any anything honestly. The CIa book has been the most isolated book. Like do they even research otherworld? All the the threats so far are literally in Krakoa. nevermind, i saw the pic and i'm ranting sorry.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Some uncoloured Rachel and Betsy art20220314_204647.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand why Marvel insists on pushing him so hard. I actually agree that it is probably largely because He was created by Morrison, even though he barely resembles the Morrison version now(who was not just terrible like the current version, but disgustingly awful). He is definitely disliked by a lot of people though. He was the first character voted out of the B and C-list Elimination contest on the X-Men Reddit-

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...ega_does_what/

He was the first eliminated out of 30 characters with 12.19% of the vote(109 votes against him).
    The absolute DISRESPECT of some of these posts. Some of these are outright, unironic lies about Hellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.