Page 439 of 1478 FirstFirst ... 3393894294354364374384394404414424434494895399391439 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 22159
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'm glad you were able to ignore the last few years of comics. It helps knowing that you have no idea why Emma fans are upset, yet want to complain about them being upset.
    I know why you're upset. I also know it's not relevant anymore. The books moved on. The character bounced back. Like a million other comic book characters who sometimes got bad stories. It happens.

Every showing she has had in a X-Men book since then (with the exception of Black) has been awful for the character, and her history means that Marvel can just have her be stupid evil again with a flimsy justification that makes everything from Gen X onwards a complete waste of time.
    And yet they haven't done that so far in the new status quo. And as for all those stupid stories you keep harping about, that's all from books no one cares about anymore or are acknowledging. So why are you operating from an assumption that Emma Frost will always get the shaft from now on?

The poster just shows that Morrison's run is far less important to the history of the X-Men then PS/DPS, which makes sense. It also means that nothing matters but nostalgia, and they are more than willing to destroy 25 years of character development for that nostalgia.
    Oh, lord, get real, it's a fucking variant cover showing X-Men antagonists through the ages. Do you see Magneto's history being destroyed by a variant cover? No? Then why is it different because it's Emma? Just because you're still upset about those recent stories? Fine, that's your prerogative, but that's not actually relevant to any motive for that cover's existence. It hasn't changed Emma's role as shown in HoX thus far. Yet I suspect you'll find a way to insist that they're just waiting to make Emma a villain again and drag her through the mud, because you're addicted to the feeling that the character is perpetually being wronged. If she has a heroic role again going forward, and I'm pretty sure she does, I think you'll have absolutely no idea how to talk about it. I'm sorry, but 1997 is not coming back. You can either live in the past and wish for a time when Emma was far less popular but sanctified in your mind, or let them bring the character back from some bad stories here and now, but holding a grudge over a variant cover is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I know why you're upset. I also know it's not relevant anymore. The books moved on. The character bounced back. Like a million other comic book characters who sometimes got bad stories. It happens.

And yet they haven't done that so far in the new status quo. And as for all those stupid stories you keep harping about, that's all from books no one cares about anymore or are acknowledging. So why are you operating from an assumption that Emma Frost will always get the shaft from now on?

Oh, lord, get real, it's a fucking variant cover showing X-Men antagonists through the ages. Do you see Magneto's history being destroyed by a variant cover? No? Then why is it different because it's Emma? Just because you're still upset about those recent stories? Fine, that's your prerogative, but that's not actually relevant to any motive for that cover's existence. It hasn't changed Emma's role as shown in HoX thus far. Yet I suspect you'll find a way to insist that they're just waiting to make Emma a villain again and drag her through the mud, because you're addicted to the feeling that the character is perpetually being wronged. If she has a heroic role again going forward, and I'm pretty sure she does, I think you'll have absolutely no idea how to talk about it. I'm sorry, but 1997 is not coming back. You can either live in the past and wish for a time when Emma was far less popular but sanctified in your mind, or let them bring the character back from some bad stories here and now, but holding a grudge over a variant cover is ridiculous.
    You literally have ZERO evidence for the character "bouncing back". Her last entry where she wasn't a mind-controlled pod person or whatever Hickman is doing where the characters don't matter for his pet story, was her being stupidly evil or stupidly cowardly and mostly evil depending on how you feel about Rosenberg's version. That's been the status quo for several years now. The solicits going forward aren't that promising. Neither of us has any idea what will happen with Marauders, yet I have more evidence to being right than you do.

You're blatantly ignoring everything that has happened and everything that is happening to give the X-Office a level of EXTREME optimism they don't deserve.

BANNED

The solicits going forward aren't that promising.
    They're promising enough that you've already had to invent a counter-narrative to keep going with how you've been feeling. Starting with picking on a stupid variant cover and deciding you know the entire plot of the first arc of Marauders.

You're blatantly ignoring everything that has happened and everything that is happening to give the X-Office a level of EXTREME optimism they don't deserve.
    And you have no evidence they are out to get Emma Frost today. And that's not anybody's problem but yours.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Its a cover of characters who Marvel wants to recognize were at one point antagonists. Its not a cover of all current X-Men that were actually at one point antagonists nor a cover of characters Marvel considers antagonists now. Magneto and Emma were both on the protagonist covers of HoX and PoX as was Mystique and yes antagonist covers too. Marvel by in large really doesn't want fans to consider that Rogue and Gambit were ever antagonists, just misguided.

As a fan of Lorna it makes me miss the days a decade and a half ago in terms of Lorna she was promoted as both a B list protagonist and B list antagonist at the same time in regard to Marvel merch and promotion. Today not so much today where she wasn't on any HoX or PoX cover. Sometimes its good to be seen as being able to go both ways pardon the pun.
    Oh yes I know this I was just saying that Emma being on a villain variant cover shouldn't be that big of a deal.
    Dark Phoenix is on the cover. Big difference.

I'm actually surprised Dark Phoenix Scott isn't on there considering everything that came afterwards. It literally shaped X-Men comics for like four years.
    I don't understand, it's just a variant cover. Jean was only a bad guy for pretty much one story but she's on the cover so I don't think its a big deal.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Emma just had the bad luck of being a villain on a very iconic X-men story. I think that's the issue and reason behind her appearance on the cover.
    Bad luck? she helped a woman get sexual abused. I odn't think she changed that much too

i'm pretty sure Hickman won't write Emma as villain, she is his fave. Even Apocalypse is a hero now

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    They're promising enough that you've already had to invent a counter-narrative to keep going with how you've been feeling. Starting with picking on a stupid variant cover and deciding you know the entire plot of the first arc of Marauders.

And you have no evidence they are out to get Emma Frost today. And that's not anybody's problem but yours.
    I have no idea what you're trying to say here. I have evidence to support my stance. You don't. I didn't "invent" the narrative that the X-Office wants Emma evil. Jordan White did, and it's been happening every single X-issue since IvX. You have literally zero evidence whatsoever that Marvel is suddenly to do a 180 and have her act completely different to how she was the last five years. Absolutely ZERO. I have history, facts, and data on my side. You have blind trust in an organization that has spent the last decade trying to claim Scott was the most evil mutant that has ever lived, and that Emma is nothing but an insane widow destroying everything because she can't live without his dick.

The problem entirely lies with the organization making these decisions, and the people that blindly defend them. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Bad luck? she helped a woman get sexual abused. I odn't think she changed that much too

i'm pretty sure Hickman won't write Emma as villain, she is his fave. Even Apocalypse is a hero now
    Just like how Rosenberg loves Havok and Magik? Or how Guggenheim loves Kitty? Or how Joe Quesada loves Spider-Man?

We've had this conversation a million times before. Just because a writer claims to like someone does not mean that get the go ahead to do anything with them.

Just like how Rosenberg loves Havok and Magik? Or how Guggenheim loves Kitty? Or how Joe Quesada loves Spider-Man?

We've had this conversation a million times before. Just because a writer claims to like someone does not mean that get the go ahead to do anything with them.
    Joe Quesada let his own fan preferences guide his spider-man direction, Guggs is mostly a below average writer. Rosenberg wrote Magik good mostly of his run...

I think that Hickman can give Emma a bad direction, but not because he hates her

BANNED

Some things to consider: 1. Emma is already confirmed to be in a position of influence in mutie-world. 2.The primary X-Men scribe has counted himself a fan. 3. She still has the use of her powers while not all prominent female X-Men can say the same. 4. Her character is still presented with a strong will and confidence becoming of a powerful female hero while not all prominent mutant women can say the same.

Emma Frost seems to be making out just fine in this era. She will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Joe Quesada let his own fan preferences guide his spider-man direction, Guggs is mostly a below average writer. Rosenberg wrote Magik good mostly of his run...

I think that Hickman can give Emma a bad direction, but not because he hates her
    I never said Hickman hated her, but the editorial mandate is to still refer to the Extinction team as evil, especially Scott and Emma. Scott is getting his "redemption" arc, and there are not large enough quotes for that. But Emma is still being portrayed as the psycho evil ex. And right now we don't have any evidence to suggest otherwise.

Emma was right

Emma was great in Hickman’s run so far. Don’t see any reason to panic yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Emma was great in Hickman’s run so far. Don’t see any reason to panic yet.
    She was great in the same way that Jean was awful: we don't know if these characters are even themselves. It is clear Mags and Xavier are pulling something, we just don't know what. So I don't place a lot of stock in that for the same reason I'm not upset over Jean being portrayed as so weak in HoX 4.

This thread is for upcoming art. Move your grievances with Emma on the cover elsewhere so the rest of us can enjoy sweet, sweet art.

(PS. Avalanche's absence from the cover is far more jarring and offensive than Emma's presence. Bye.)

The fact that Deathbird is missing from that cover is a horrible, horrible oversight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Didn't Deathbird get demoted cuz she got bodied by Hawkeye?

I wish High Evolutionary and Romulus were there.
    "Cable was right!"